General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Smoke Stories?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 10:47 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fiveology
How do you know what he tastes like?
Like CHICKEN...OF COURSE!!!!!
Old 09-08-2006, 06:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Interesting, the bikes on the main highway. Years ago before the interstate was put in on old 78 going through Mississippi, they were out there all the time in the summer. No shoulders, fast traffic, real dangerous. I learned this, ready? A cab over 18 wheeler at 60 mph passing a line of bikers with like two feet clearance will peel them off into the ditch every time. The wind off the front blows them over. Also recently learned that a conventional does not do this.

Just for the record, this was not done intentionally, you come up on them with traffic coming the other way and no way of stopping, you try to make it all fit, you the bikes and the other oncoming traffic.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:37 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haulin' - You gotta do what you gotta do. Going head-on might've killed the 2 driver's PLUS the bicyclers.

One time when I took a load to TX, and was pulling a load back, I was cutting diagonally through TX on seems like hwy 79. The truck looked terrible with bug splats all over. In one town (Palestine maybe) 3 or 4 boys were standing on the side of the road with car wash signs.

Well one boy got all smarty, and took a couple steps out on the road and was waving his sign vehemently toward my truck. He was right, it needed a wash, but I had no time to stop. I was east-bound and down.

So as I rowed through the gears I got on 5th 'a little heavy' before good boost and rolled a pretty good cloud (for my truck) right on them. The one boy that stepped out turned around and ran while the other boys rolled laughing at him and the smoke. I could tell they had a good time with it and weren't mad. I was glad. It was meant as a mutual ribbing. The one boy was ribbing me about how nasty my truck was, and I ribbed him back by shooting smoke at him!