Notices
General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Saw a dead Duramax today

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 10:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Actually, I dyno'd at the same time as 4 other chapter members (I believe there's about 25K posts between us, so we're not a bunch of newbies) who all have much more powerful CTDs than mine, and they dyno'd 12-15% low - so I'm satisfied with the graph as generated.

My truck has zero extra fuel or fueling system mods in it, but there's not much else that's stock...
Old 01-12-2007, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by superf350
How am I being a troll? Where am I being a jerk? I'm just stating what I know! And I know a stock truck will not do 700 ftlbs! If that's being a jerk by setting a guy straight alright then I'm a jerk!
Well, your argument doesn't hold much water to my experience...

I wouldn't have thought that my non-fueling mods (all in support of #2 bombs) made the engine so efficient, but I didn't "know" that - so I dyno'd.

There's a world of difference between your opinion (even if it IS an informed one) - which you're welcome to - and what you "KNOW"... that's probably why you've earned Troll status.
Old 01-12-2007, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by deezeldude
what about the 2nd gen Dodge with the Cummins that you have to take the fender well out and mangle the inner metal fender to change the starter or turn up the idle? and by way of statistics you will see more Fords on the side of the road. when you sell at least twice as many more diesel vehicles as both of your competitors combined there will be at least twice as many broke down as the other two...figures eh? numbers kill. heaven forbid any of you use any sort of facts in your generalizations.
What?? I call B.S.

I can have the starter off in 15 minutes on my 95 or 98, from underneath the truck. On the idle, easy change from above, 5 minutes top!

Also, it's easy to sell twice as many trucks when it takes customers 2 or 3 buy backs to get one that will finally run!

But what do I know...We've only run 15 Chevy's into the ground in the time it's taken to get 325K miles on my 95 Cummins!
Chris
Old 01-12-2007, 01:03 PM

Mine has never been on the side of the road. Yet that is. But I did blow a turbo unloading tobacco stalks a few months back. HEHEHEHE
Old 01-12-2007, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by signature600
What?? I call B.S.

Chris
Ditto...

and I was just kidding about the F**D aircleaner/fenderwell.

Nobody called me on it - maybe it's TRUE?
Old 01-13-2007, 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by XLR8R
Well, your argument doesn't hold much water to my experience...

I wouldn't have thought that my non-fueling mods (all in support of #2 bombs) made the engine so efficient, but I didn't "know" that - so I dyno'd.

There's a world of difference between your opinion (even if it IS an informed one) - which you're welcome to - and what you "KNOW"... that's probably why you've earned Troll status.
Man, this site has a tailwind pushing it down the tubes.

Personally, I don't think Super is trolling but if he is, who cares? He'd kinda like to know the same thing as me...how does your 5.9 make 700 ft lbs if it is bone stock?? Simple as that. If you don't want to tell, say so. But most folks know that a stock 5.9, from the crate to the Ram is rated by Cummins at 610....which is probably 575-585 at the wheels.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:04 AM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Thanks for the compliments on the site. I have found a couple closed threads that you've participated in now, and here goes one more. Time to close these ones down. If you wish to continue flaming; you'll have to find another place to do so. We don't tolerate it here, no matter what brand you own. Turn down the testosterone a bit, boys.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:08 AM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by HappyGA
you better be careful, i got a little red mark for saying something like that about the duramax, by the sight owner no less...
The reason you're getting red marks is because you seem to have an issue with being respectful to people around here. When you can learn to behave like an adult and respect those around you, you might get some green marks.