General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Noise complaints?

Old 10-22-2002, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Noise complaints?

I was out with the truck the other day and after pulling into a parking lot where several people were standing, I let it idle 'till the temp came down as usual. After shutting it down and getting out, I heard one guy say, &quot;I was about to go ask him to shut that noisy thing off.&quot; He was sitting on a Harley with straight pipes.<br><br>Let's get out the DB meter and test which is louder.<br>
Old 10-22-2002, 10:44 PM
Banned

Re:Noise complaints?

Personally, I would prefer to hear a straight piped Harley over a Cummins.
Old 10-22-2002, 11:24 PM
Muted User

I love pulling into a parking spot by a payphone...when someone is on it. Of course I'm going to have to let it cool down... they look at me about 9 times in the process because I know they can't hear dick. If someone complains to me about engine noise I'll find a way to make it louder. I guess I just woke up this morning and decided to be an [edited by admin]
Old 10-22-2002, 11:29 PM

IMHO, I would prefer to hear that wonderful, mighty Cummins ISB 24-Valve (Stock or Straight piped), over a little straight piped Harley any day! ;D <br><br>I only wish my 1st Gen would sound as nice as a 24-valve ISB :'(. Oh, well.<br><br>I like Harley's too, but a staight piped Harley can be outright obnoxious with the noise level!<br><br>Just my $0.02 cents.<br><br>Respectfully,<br><br>Nicholas R. Gajewski
Old 10-23-2002, 01:23 AM

I get to hear them both. <br>Truck on some days, Harley on the nice days. Both straight-piped. <br><br>I'm noticing a lot of &quot;For Sale&quot; signs in the neighborhood. Two on my street alone. ;D
Old 10-23-2002, 05:18 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well hears a good one for you. I use to have a 1998 dodge 5.2 , I start early in the morning and my wife complanes I wake here up with it, but with the diesel she can't even here it GO FIGER.
Old 10-23-2002, 10:24 AM
Banned

I love the sound of them both. But the one sound that will always be better than a Cummins or Harley, is a high compression, 454 big block with a set of long tubes. That is a sweet sound. What makes it even better is when it has been cammed, and is in a 71 Chevelle. ;D Droooooooooll.
Old 10-23-2002, 10:46 AM

my 93 cdt is a lot louder than my 94 ctd. I was upset over that one. I want my 94 to rattle the windows when I drive up the road.
Old 10-23-2002, 02:18 PM

I've noticed that the HO has a different sound that the non-HO. Must be the compression difference or maybe the injectors.<br><br>I recently met a new lady and we have seen each other for about two months now. We were riding in the CTD the other day and she said, &quot;God, I love the sound of that diesel!&quot; I think I'm in love :P
Old 10-23-2002, 02:34 PM

New to diesels, love the sound of mine and others going down the road. Probably only thing better, the sound of a two bladed helicopter flying overhead. After 30 yrs I still always stop and look up!!! <br>Smokin J
Old 10-23-2002, 02:59 PM

No complaints about the sound of my CTD 24v. The main reason I didn't go for the '03 is that it is quieter. I wanted the 4 doors to. Didn't care for the look but the four independent doors would have been nice. <br><br>I've had people ask me why I have a truck like that but never any comments on the noise. OH except in the drive thru. I usually shut it down before they get around to asking but on a few occasions I get &quot; Can you please turn your vehicle off?&quot; I'm tempted to say NO. Now that would be a sight!<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>
Old 10-23-2002, 04:54 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I recently met a new lady and we have seen each other for about two months now. We were riding in the CTD the other day and she said, &quot;God, I love the sound of that diesel!&quot; I think I'm in love

Sounds like a keeper!
But, you better keep a close eye on her... I hear Cattle Hauler is looking for girl like that!

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...;threadid=6028

Just kidding CH... :-X

Rich
Old 10-23-2002, 08:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heck thats one of the main reasons I bought the truck was for the noise. The other was for the power ;D
Old 10-23-2002, 09:19 PM

I get a grin every morning when I unplug it and start it up. I have loved the sound of a cummins ever since I was a little kid. Which wasn't that long ago, I am only 19.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Noise complaints?