General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Dumped my diesel & it's YOUR fault...

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 09:09 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gzhel
I almost feel sorry for the guy that started this post, especially if he is reading all the posts that have followed his.

Yes, we all have had problems at one point or another with our trucks....given fact....you drive.....whatever it is, you'll have problems.

I think a lot of you (and don't come back jumping on me...i am not saying all of you...) are being a little hard on him. We all handle things different and that is how he decided to handle it, regardless of how any of us would have handled it, that was his choice and he obviously felt like it was the right one for him. I don't think he deserves all the smart remarks he has gotten over trading from his truck to a focus. I think we need to remember we are here to help each other and support each other, not make them feel like they are stupid.
So in my opinion he started it. What's this thread title?
He's blaming us for his "the sky is falling" mentality.
I got my truck running last night. So now....I LOVE MY TRUCK!!!!!!!!!
Also bought a new Airdog 150 off a fellow DTR member..I like this site.
Old 06-18-2008, 11:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ya he brought it on himself. You don't come on a cummins loving forum and blame everyone for the fact that you messed up and traded your cummins in for a little car. It mightv been different if he had bought the car and kept the cummins, but he traded it in on the car then blamed us for it. His fault, not ours
Old 06-19-2008, 05:59 AM

I like this site
Old 06-22-2008, 06:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am glad that the original poster (poser) was able to get into a smaller, gasoline using vehicle. I wish that more people that purchased a heavy duty truck for appearance only would do the same. That should help lower the demand for diesel fuel and maybe allow the prices to hold the line for a month or two (notice I didn't saw lower). I use our trucks for business. We have a gas user for the back and forth grocery getting trips.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:27 PM

I agree. Thats what I said awhile back. If all the people that didn't need diesels would stop buying them then the price of diesel would at least stop rising and stay even with gas. It keeps going up because so many people are buying diesels now and the demand for diesel is going up. Its just the government and the oil companies playing us again. Theres no reason diesel should be more expensive than gas, they just see all these people driving diesels and see a chance to raise the price and make some more money
Old 06-24-2008, 08:58 PM

LOL, well I had fun with that post. Really stirred things up.
PS, my Focus is running great and gets 27 MPG in town.

Thanks to all for the fun
Old 06-24-2008, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by wcbcruzer
Wow Jim, after reading your post I don't feel like I should always drive my truck. Those hard traffic jam stops on the freeway are the worst. LOTS of people simply don't realize how fast they need to slow down; usually due to driving too close to the car in front.
Whoops, meant to say "I feel like I should always drive my truck."