General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Dumped my diesel & it's YOUR fault...

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 04:40 AM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
I have also heard that because they are trying to make the small cars safer to make up for their size they are using more exotic metals in the construction of the passenger compartment like titanium and tubular structures, now when they are in a serious accident that Fire Rescue are having a more difficult time extricating the victims because their traditional Jaws of Life and Chop Saws cannot cut through the hardened materials.

So as a result they are now taking almost twice as long to get you freed from the wreckage and off to the trauma center.

Now they are cutting precious time from what is called the Golden Hour thereby reducing your chances of surviving your injuries drastically.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_hour_(medicine)

I have talked to some of our local rescue personal and they tell me they are sometimes taking up to 45 minuets to cut the victims car free where it would have taken 20 minuets tops.

They are trying to make the auto manufactures supply the equipment for the departments.

Wow I even found a story about it. She should have kept the Fusion

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23712712...storyContinued

Also the hybrids pose dangers because they cannot cut in places where high voltage and high current cables are routed without getting shocked or burned.

I know for a fact my heavy truck has saved my life at least twice, it is simple physics.

The other guys insurance adjuster could not understand why I totaled 2 trucks and only did minimal damage to mine, I said simple I weigh more than 4 times as much as he does and 6 locked tires on the ground held me in one place.

And the nice thing about a 1st. Gen is the body is still steel.

What will happen when 2,000 pounds hits over 8,000+ pounds stopped?
Jim
Old 06-14-2008, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MajikMD
Is this a joke?? You honestly mean you sold your truck because of reading people's posts here asking for help with repairs? That's the absolute funniest thing I've heard all week!
You're saying when you buy a new car or truck, you WON'T come to the forums to do a little research before you buy? lol... I'm surprised you didn't buy a Ford.

Also, if someone handed you guys a new corvette, I highly doubt you'll decline the offer because "it's not safe."
Old 06-14-2008, 11:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wcbcruzer
You're saying when you buy a new car or truck, you WON'T come to the forums to do a little research before you buy? lol... I'm surprised you didn't buy a Ford.

Also, if someone handed you guys a new corvette, I highly doubt you'll decline the offer because "it's not safe."
I didn't imply that I wouldn't do research, I stated that because EVERY forum like this is going to have people asking for help with a tie rod problem, or a fuel pump, or a transmission, etc. It is just a given that you will find people on here with repair issues. I sure as hell wouldn't sell my truck that was running perfectly and I loved to drive because alot of people on a message forum mentioned (for example) that they had fuel pump problems. Alot of people have problems with central air conditioning in their house, but it doesn't mean I'm going to immediately sell my house just because mine MIGHT have problems 5 years from now.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:29 PM

very strange, i hope you are in perfect health too, i can't imagine how that would keep you up at night. its not like our rigs are yugos.........
Old 06-16-2008, 04:50 PM

Its ok, if he sold his ctd for a focus because of that, he honestly didnt need it or deserve to have it. I hate it when people that don't need a diesel get one just because its cool then complain about the fuel prices, and whatever else they can think of. If he sold it for a focus, then he obviously didn't even need a truck. Let somebody have it thats gonna appreciate it. My ctd is my baby. Even my girlfriend gets jealous of it sometimes saying I give it more attention and money than I do her. Just my 2 cents, but if you don't need one, and can't work on one so you're worried about repairs then don't get one. Unless you just have lots of money that you need to spend on somthin and you think diesels are cool and want one then go ahead, but don't complain about havin to work on it. Its a truck, stuffs gonna break, its part of it.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:09 PM
Chapter President

I LOVE MY TRUCK!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-17-2008, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by scottsjeeprolet
ME TOO!!!
Old 06-17-2008, 07:03 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by scottsjeeprolet
So it finally happened this morning, left me stranded, the Holley Blue finally quit on me after about 4 years.
BUT I'M STILL GONNA KEEP IT. I like my truck today, time to upgrade!!
Old 06-17-2008, 08:31 AM

See it sucks when something like that breaks, but its exciting at the same time cause even though you gotta spend the money to fix it, you get to upgrade to a performance part so it gives you an excuse to buy new stuff for your truck
Old 06-17-2008, 10:01 AM

My heater core went out last week, I think I'm going to sell it. The radiator "might" be next. Not to make fun of anyone, but if you dwell on all of the things that might or could go wrong, you will have a very short, worried life...
Old 06-17-2008, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by cappykd
. Even then Toy's and Honda's need Timing belts every 90k and on some motors if you wait you toast the whole motor. Timing belt job is $1000 and is required every 90k yet alot of people here on the forum complain when their VP-44 goes out at twice that mileage.
HUH? My last Honda timing belt cost me 50 bucks and 2 hours of my time
Old 06-17-2008, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by checkster
Yep - in the four Honda's I've owned the only one costing clost to $1k was my Vigor 5-cylinder. I liked the car but am glad I dind't keep it. Then again, take a look at the packaging involved in this car:
Attached Thumbnails Dumped my diesel & it's YOUR fault...-vigor_stock.jpg  
Old 06-17-2008, 12:33 PM
DTR's Toad Wrangler

I must like mine I just spent $7,000 for a paint job.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:38 PM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by checkster
The new Honda Civic now has a duplex timing chain.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:52 AM

I almost feel sorry for the guy that started this post, especially if he is reading all the posts that have followed his.

Yes, we all have had problems at one point or another with our trucks....given fact....you drive.....whatever it is, you'll have problems.

I think a lot of you (and don't come back jumping on me...i am not saying all of you...) are being a little hard on him. We all handle things different and that is how he decided to handle it, regardless of how any of us would have handled it, that was his choice and he obviously felt like it was the right one for him. I don't think he deserves all the smart remarks he has gotten over trading from his truck to a focus. I think we need to remember we are here to help each other and support each other, not make them feel like they are stupid.

Quick Reply: Dumped my diesel & it's YOUR fault...