Cummins Conversions Discuss conversions here. For instance, if you want to put a REAL engine in a FORD, this is where you would talk about it!

Old Blue, W-350 Crew Cummins Project

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 10:55 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Dropped by the body shop today. The old girl is nearly dent free. She is going to look awesome. I think I will leave the DODGE trim provisions on the hood and get the aftermarket grille. This seams kinda like a hybred, and will suit the truck. I got the bum news that I need a tailgate though. Both that I had were not suitable for paint.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Well??????????????????????
Old 03-18-2011, 12:03 AM

Sorry, it seems that once the project got going the posting slowed. She is still at the body shop. They are about ready to shoot paint, and have primed it this week. I don't have any pictures, I will get some tomorrow. I hope to have her by next week, which is perfect because it is our spring break. I am on the hunt for badges, a tailgate, weather stripping, carpet, seat covers, some frigging way to get cup holders, carpet and weather stripping.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:49 PM

Ready to Shoot Paint

Painted Pieces

Old 03-24-2011, 09:06 PM

Well they shoot the rest of the truck today. When I dropped by they had it in the booth baking, so no pics. Tomorrow I got junk yarding again to find a clean windshield. $60 for used glass, I will take my chances of it breaking instead of $200+ for new. I am stoked how nice it is coming out. I love the color too in all of its former glory. I am surprised Dodge dropped this factory color in favor of the electric blue. The driveline shop is making up my a new driveline today. Used a front shaft out of a second gen and my donor's for the rear. The driveline will have 1410 all around. I took the mounting plate off the top of the crossmember and bolted it underneath using 3 inch grade 8. Moving the plate allows for more angle . Also had to make the plate longer to support the carrier bearing. I will get pics of this when I bolt in the shaft, because it seems to be a different route than others have gone. Thanks to Trooperthorn I now have a solid rear windshield, I wasn't big on the slider. I have window seals in route, will be hear on Saturday, and found a universal seal from Napa. Only bummer on it is it only comes in 10 feet and our front doors take almost 14 and the rear 12. I will just use two piece for each door. They found it in bulk but it was 25 feet and I would have either ended up with a lot extra or still had multiple pieces on some doors. Side marker lights are on the way. Oh I don't think I mentioned I scored an LE tailgate for a case of Hamm's, what a deal, even if the trim panel has a few dings. Well hopefully this weekend is the big R and R day of putting things together.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:35 PM

I did a little detail work today on my emblem. I will run the Early fender badges, using the 350 Custom badge original to the truck. I will also run the hood emblem and look to get an aftermarket grille.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Thiss
Well they shoot the rest of the truck today. When I dropped by they had it in the booth baking, so no pics. Tomorrow I got junk yarding again to find a clean windshield. $60 for used glass, I will take my chances of it breaking instead of $200+ for new.
It's been a long time since I cut out and re-used a windshield. But when I did, I used piano wire and two 6" pieces of broom handle.

To use:
  • Drill a hole in the center of each handle
  • Slip wire through windshield seal
  • Lace piano wire through hole in broom handles - 1 handle inside truck, 1 handle outside truck.
  • Cut seal by pulling wire along seal with slight back-force sawing action - this takes 2 people, 1 in cab, 1 outside cab.

I have NEVER broke a wihdshield using this method. I can't say the same for the windhsield removal tool that I have.

Old 03-25-2011, 02:13 PM

Wow that is looking really good! What color is it?
Old 03-25-2011, 03:10 PM

I don't know the actual color, I know it is. Factory code. I will ask body guy. Thanks for the tip on the windshield. The wrecking yard I went to pulls your part for you. Well the whole reR window glass is not the smaller one that I got from Trooperthorn. I am going to try the one out of my truck, I will be pretty upset if it doesn't fit; it would mean there were three different dives of glass. I will get a pic today after I bring it from the body shop.
Old 03-26-2011, 12:24 AM

The color is Light Blue Poly original Dodge paint code PC2. Of course it is base/clear as opposed to the original single stage. Now comes the the reassembly!
Old 03-26-2011, 02:08 PM

**** that looks AWESOME!!!!!!!

Can't wait until I get to this point.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:53 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey, Looks great. Too bad on the rear window. Bring it back and i'll trade it for a @#$%^&*!!! slant six (or 3).
Old 03-26-2011, 07:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Did you get the sound deadener on the floor yet?
Old 03-26-2011, 11:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can't wait to see it done you a folks are an inspiration.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Truck looks really nice.

Quick Reply: Old Blue, W-350 Crew Cummins Project