Cummins Conversions Discuss conversions here. For instance, if you want to put a REAL engine in a FORD, this is where you would talk about it!

Old Blue, W-350 Crew Cummins Project

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best I can do right now is this... I'm back at work in alaska but go home Friday so I'll get some more up then. Sorry for the Hijack... Your rig inspired me so it's on topic... kinda... I bought it to tow an Amphibous car I'm restoring so the Yacht1 plate is perfect.
Attached Thumbnails Old Blue, W-350 Crew Cummins Project-img_2630%5B1%5D.jpg   Old Blue, W-350 Crew Cummins Project-img_2632%5B1%5D.jpg   Old Blue, W-350 Crew Cummins Project-img_1931%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 07-11-2013, 01:32 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Bringing this one back... Stay tuned.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
how do you like that Borgensen shaft? What real improvements did it make for you?
Old 07-11-2013, 08:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Thiss
Bringing this one back... Stay tuned.
What's your next projects on it? Finish the interior? I ended up going with 2 layers of fat mat in mine but have yet to see if it helps since I'm still working on the dang thing:what:

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-11-2013, 09:17 AM

I am a teacher and was able to get credit reimbursement, because i pulled an A for a grad class I took this spring. So instead of having a third of my tax return go to my 60th graduate credit (I am done with classes finally, MA plus 12), it goes to the truck!

I have been driving her for two years now without interior, radio, extra gauges, and nearly stock power.

Borg shaft is nice. No more slop or servicing the OEM stuff. It also has more travel if I lift the truck up a bit more. I fully regret not doing an inch of body lift. It would have freed up so much more room for the tank. Irony, I didn't do body lift because I would have had to buy the new shaft, I ended up with it anyway and no lift.

I have yet to start insulating for the most part. I did get $29 pleasant surprise out of the foil backed bubble wrap from Home Depot. I am going to buy another roll for the back half of the cab. Then follow it up with http://www.homedepot.com/p/100661257...N#.Ud5jucu9KSM

Instead of the mass loaded vinyl, I am going to go to use a sheet or two of lead. I don't plan on letting my kids rip out the carpet and insulation to lick the lead, nor sink the whole truck in a local water source, so I think lead is ok to use for this application.

I think I can get some of this behind the dash too. I did use the bubble wrap under the hood liner too. I will use it behind the door panels.

I am still fighting a leaky windshield. Grr... So next week to the body shop for that and I am going to have them spray foam the roof.

I also plan to order a cup holder and some gauges from Gino's, today hopefully.

Thanks guys for your interest! These conversations on DTR are so helpful, informative, and inspiring when doing these projects.
Old 05-17-2023, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Thiss

I have been driving her for two years now without interior, radio, extra gauges, and nearly stock

I am still fighting a leaky windshield. Grr...

I also plan to order a cup holder and some gauges from Gino's, today hopefully.
Hey all. Haven’t been around for a while. Well it’s been a decade since this post. Still have a leaky window, barely any interior, no radio, and not only no extra gauges but most of the OEM too.

But I have a cup holder, finally flooring, and we are still driving.

Bought a Steel Rubber windshield gasket so hopefully with a little tlc to the cab some touch up paint and a good installer, maybe that can get fixed?

Cool to see all the new aftermarket parts available, got some new mirrors last spring.

My boys will be driving age in a few years, so maybe we will finally finish the project then? Still dreaming of cross over steering and matching interior. Super excited to see First Gen Resostance on Face Book is building out interior trim panel and a headliner, so I better put that in the budget.

Maybe put the 85 doors back on because they are much more stout? Maybe figure out how to get an 85 honeycomb grille on her?

Just dreaming here in a public space right now. It’s almost summer and I will get something done.

Old Blue stayed the daily in 2016, but no longer takes the big trips.

Old 05-18-2023, 05:52 AM

Received 365 Likes on 272 Posts
I'm not sure I have another ten years to wait for the next report......Ben
The following 2 users liked this post by Fordzilla:
nothingbutdarts (05-18-2023), Thiss (05-18-2023)
Old 05-18-2023, 08:14 AM

I better get after it then