Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

Platte City Mo. pull

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As promised...

Old 07-23-2007, 12:43 PM

Whats amazing is they were called and told what the white truck had and said it was ok to pull. They drove up there and then changed there minds.
Nothing like driving 6 hrs. to eat at burger king!
Old 07-23-2007, 01:43 PM

Dan Painter drove over twice that as was told he couldnt pull in the street class... I had to change a bunch of little crap to pull... What i want to know is why didnt the white truck stay and run with the mod trucks?
Old 07-23-2007, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by gwhammy
Whats amazing is they were called and told what the white truck had and said it was ok to pull. They drove up there and then changed there minds.
Nothing like driving 6 hrs. to eat at burger king!
What reason did they give, Gary? It could have been the foot did not know what the hand was doing. There was also alot of money at stake and maybe one of the techs made a mistake with what was OK and what was not. I know HOOKED almost did not get to pull in the street class because he did not have wheel caps covering the axle bolts. He managed to get it covered, though. They basically said they could not allow ANYTHING to slide because of the amount of money at stake.

Why did he not pull in the modified class? I realize it did not pay much, but may as well hook if you are there. It does stink he drove all that way after making sure he could then found he wasted a trip.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
There is a pull in St. Joe, MO on the 29th and then another SJD sponsor'd pull in McLouth, KS after the Outlaw pullers again on the 5th of August. I think it is a $2000 purse.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:08 PM

The pull in st joe this sunday is gonna be a big brush pull basically...everything from stock gas and diesel pickups to fully modded gas and diesel trucks, stock to fully modded tractors, and a few other classes like atv and powdwerpuff

...starts at 1:30 in the afternoon and probably won't get over til late...i was gonna hook in the street stock diesel class but i sold my truck on saturday, so i'm stuck watching this one
Old 07-23-2007, 09:35 PM

Justin's truck (AKA the Hart diesel truck) had an ag governor (RSV) and also an ag pump not a normal Dodge Cummins pump. He could have pulled in the open class but chose not to. It would have been neat to see Tomac beat up on him like he did Painter and Ingram. Both their trucks are very impressive but Tomac did the best at getting the power to the ground and beat every truck there except for Kent. The sled was the same for the open class and the pulloff.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:17 PM

They added weight for the modified class, but then geared it down so the street class guys could still full pull. Tomac would have his hands full if he had to pull against Justins truck (or Ingrams, or Painters trucks).
Old 07-23-2007, 11:27 PM

Assuming the sled was the same, I went back and watched the video again and figured I would have made 9th place based upon distances of the street diesel pull off.

I didn't know they changed the gearing as well. I guess my 292' in the Open Class wasn't too bad then...
Old 07-24-2007, 05:47 AM

They had a pull at Paris saturday night and the early bodied dodge with the stacks between the bed and cab put a couple foot on Justin.
I heard up at platte someone changed someone elses mind about letting Justin pull.
Is anyone going to Bowling Green weds.night?
Old 07-24-2007, 07:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gwhammy
They had a pull at Paris saturday night and the early bodied dodge with the stacks between the bed and cab put a couple foot on Justin.
I heard up at platte someone changed someone elses mind about letting Justin pull.
Is anyone going to Bowling Green weds.night?
Strothkamp?
Old 07-24-2007, 10:15 AM

#37 Yesterday, 09:35 PM
CPMac

Justin's truck (AKA the Hart diesel truck) had an ag governor (RSV) and also an ag pump not a normal Dodge Cummins pump. He could have pulled in the open class but chose not to. It would have been neat to see Tomac beat up on him like he did Painter and Ingram. Both their trucks are very impressive but Tomac did the best at getting the power to the ground and beat every truck there except for Kent. The sled was the same for the open class and the pulloff.

Justin's truck is not built for the open class and is why they probably did't pull it in the open class. I did't know Duramax started putting dual pumps on their trucks, is that stock appearing? Tomac would of been 30 feet behind Justin atleast. Justin beat Kent this winter at one of the indoor pulls and a couple weeks ago beat Painter and Ingram too. Doing it all under 4500 rpm.

Gary- I think St. Joe did't want Justin to pull because they knew he would win or have a good chance and would be bad advertising to have a truck with Hart's Diesel wrote on the side take home the money.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:24 AM

I don't get it, Justin's truck isn't built for the open class but he beat Kent this winter? and Painter and Ingram too? Why again didn't he pull in the open class? If he did indeed beat them earlier, then I think he would have been out on the track doing it again.

I don't remember seeing any SJD sponsor'd trucks in the top five of the street class...
Old 07-24-2007, 10:41 AM
Banned

SJD had no trucks in the pull off. They didn't do well at all.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:45 AM

I watched the video when he beat Kent and it was obvious Kent had problems... When Kents truck is on there is no way Justin would touch that truck... Get real... And saying that St.Joe was kicking trucks out because they where affraid of some other Diesel shop winning is a not true at all Scheids Diesel Shop,Tonys Diesel,Haisley Machine,Midwest Diesel, all of them whooped the St.Joe trucks... Justin's truck is a awesome truck! But by far not a Street Diesel Class Truck face it... I dont take any credit away from him... If he wants to pull in the Street Class make the truck legal and people wouldnt complain about it... Heck a truck got kicked out of the Street class because he had a hood stack... they werent just picking on Justin...

Quick Reply: Platte City Mo. pull