Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

Platte City Mo. pull

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why were a couple of trucks told to go home? I know one of them met the rules that were on the internet, did someone make up a few extra rules at the show or what was the problem?
Old 07-22-2007, 01:39 PM

I was told it was because they had the off road (non Dodge) pump. Don't know if this was true or not.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:31 PM
Banned

The didn't like the gov. They said it wasn't in the right spot.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:50 PM

That was an awesome pull...from the outlaws to the diesel trucks...

my boss is the one who won the super farm class on Red Iron...pretty sweet pull and sweet looking tractor...http://outlawpulling.exposuremanager...lattecity02858
Old 07-22-2007, 04:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 5.9Excursion
Why exactly was he kicked from the street class? I chatted with him shortly before we started the open class (I pulled right after him in the blue/gray dodge) and he was saying he really should have been in the street diesel class. Then he signaled for his bud to start spraying ether into the intake to get it started
Oh yeah, nothing says "street diesel" like a shot of ether to get it started or a headlight missing to make room for the new air intake or even a lack of tags or registration... Not saying Mr. Painter has those last two, but I've seen many a truck pull with no tags or one with a headlight missing around my neck of the woods.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:02 PM

After reading the rules again, i see no where in them where it says no ag. governors or pulling p pumps. Who was doing the teching, St. Joe Diesel? I'd like them to show me where it says no ag. gov. pumps in the rules.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:12 PM

7) FUEL:
a) The fuel must be pump #1/#2 diesel only. Twin CP3 pumps are allowed.
b) Off-road diesel fuel is prohibited
c) The fuel injection pump is limited to a stock-appearing, OEM engine make-specific pump only. Pumps from different years in the same engine model may be interchanged.
d) The OEM fuel tank is mandatory and must be used. Racing fuel cells are prohibited and must be removed.
e) Nitrous oxide is prohibited. No other oxygen extenders are allowed. All system components must be removed.
f) Propane is prohibited. All system components must be removed from the ruck.
g) A fire extinguisher system is permitted. It must be securely mounted.
That bold part seems to be taken several different ways, but that statement "different years" implies "different years of trucks", not different years of tractors or trucks or trains or generators or nuclear power plants... It would appear that rule is left to the discretion of the tech person.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:33 PM

The fuel injection pump is limited to a stock-appearing, OEM engine make-specific pump only. Pumps from different years in the same engine model may be interchanged.

The AG pump is not stock appearing.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:05 PM

ditto...St Joe diesel DID DO the teching...but on the pump issue they would be in the right...

any pulling p-pump or most ag p-pumps don't have the rqv governor housings and set-up....and that's an easy thing to see...
Old 07-22-2007, 10:31 PM

c) The fuel injection pump is limited to a stock-appearing. This rule can be taken many differnet ways. What is stock appearing? stock appearing to who? If St. Joe did't want Ag. pumps pulling they should of put in the rule book NO AG. GOVERNORS, like in the current DHRA rules.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:48 PM

Ag Pumps are not stock appearing, and I don't think anyone that has worked with both pumps would ever confuse a Ag governor for a Dodge Governor. I personally wanted to see Dan Painter in that class, but he has an Ag gov as well - at least that is what I am told. They were allowed to pull in the modified class, however, so they did get a chance to hook.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:03 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Carcajou, Thanks, it helps to have a little understanding of the rules of a game if your gonna watch I guess!

Tomac, You guys put on a great show, first one I have attended and I loved it. SO did the BOSS....she wants to try it.....
Old 07-22-2007, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
Carcajou, Thanks, it helps to have a little understanding of the rules of a game if your gonna watch I guess!

Tomac, You guys put on a great show, first one I have attended and I loved it. SO did the BOSS....she wants to try it.....

Like I said earlier, Platte City rules are a little different than DHRA rules. I called them about three weeks ago to be sure we were legal to pull. Glad I did, we had a few things we had to change to be legal. The first hook was a nice pull, but the pulloff netted a broken axle before 100 foot. All in all, we had a good time.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:32 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Soooo, when /where is the next one in teh KC area?
Old 07-23-2007, 10:02 AM

IM BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! From Africa that is. Sure missed my truck! I will be uploading a video shortly from Platte City..... Glad to back where it is a little normal!

Quick Reply: Platte City Mo. pull