Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

Platte City Mo. pull

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't drive my truck every day like I used to but I still drive it to work, the grocery store, car wash, dragstrip, ect. I still have a gooseneck hitch in it and I've even towed a trailer with it a couple times this year. I had to make a 100 mile drive at the Diesel Power Challenge to prove streetability. BTW, my pulling truck will run low 11's on #2 diesel in the 1/4 mile too.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:17 PM

this sounds like last year after this pull...lol...i live in st joe and talk to a few of the local guys that pulled (me included) and the ones who didn't do well were mad about the rules and those who won didn't gripe...

the only gripe i had about the diesel truck pulls around here are the title of the class...because "street diesel" isn't very appropriate...lol

and as for the driving the trucks to the pull to validate the DOT and licensing...I almost trailered my nearly stock 12 valve to the pull last year, so if it broke i wouldn't be waiting til 4 a.m. to get a ride home...some of these guys came from a long ways away and i don't see any problem in trailering them...just my 2 cents
Old 07-24-2007, 08:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nobody said anything about trailering them (at least what I'm hearing), if I was going that far you bet I'd bring a trailer. You don't have to drive the truck there to validate the DOT and licensing. There are several ways to do it. Simple check for plates and registration or everybody load up and lets go cruise the local strip before the hook. The point is:

Street Diesel Class Overview
The Street Diesel (SD) class is designed for streetable pickup trucks (full-bodied diesel pickup trucks). Valid DOT registration and license plates are mandatory. The vehicle must be four-wheel drive.
Period. You want to bring it on a trailer, great, but the same rules still apply. It's the same rule for the DHRA class as well. This isn't "new", it isn't odd, it's the way it's been. But there are still those that choose to ignore it because nobody calls them on it that often at the local brush pulls. You put $2000 up for first prize and you bet your butt they're going to call you on it, as they should. As the class gets sanctioned by more and more associations and they're called on it more and more, they'll get a choice. Move up a class or follow the rules.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:19 PM

I would't have a problem moving up a class but their is not a class in Missouri and not enough trucks either...

CPMac As for the Hart truck he only wants to pull where he is allowed to slip in above the rules. Yes the truck runs good but almost everywhere I have seen him the truck doesn't follow the rules but they allow him anyway. If he wasn't cheating most of the time and got in with the class he should be in then you'd realize it's not that impressive. Probably why he went home without pulling at Platte City.

First off, Justin is not cheating. Ask him to pop the hood and look for yourself, and hey why don't you look at his data system at the end of the next pull you go to that he's at to look at his rpm's. His truck is not impressive you say? That's why he has beat Painter, Ingram, and serveral other super street trucks. i have not talked to him since Platte City, but i'm sure he did't pull in the super street because he did't want to take a risk of breaking anything since his hometown pull was the next day.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:18 PM

Smoking S you can cheerlead all you want for Justin but the fact is he is a cheater. I have pulled against him at MMTTPA pulls and he does not follow at least 1 rule. Sorry your wrong.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Smoking S
I would't have a problem moving up a class but their is not a class in Missouri and not enough trucks either...
Last year when I was in Russellville we requested that the MMTTPA adopt DHRA street diesel class rules and when the vote was taken to add the class, it was denied.

Later on, you get on DTR and announce that the board had reconsidered and you were going to add a diesel truck class. Then you stated:

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...1&postcount=62
Yes air shutoffs will be mandatory. As for rules, we are going to be running last years DHRA rules. We needed a class in Missouri and we got one finally. As for enforcing the rules, it probably looks like me and my dad will be doing the tech checks, anybody wanna help?

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...1&postcount=62
So let's compare shall we?

http://www.mmttpainc.com/drules.htm

Right at the top of your rules, we have somewhat important information that appears to be missing from the DHRA rulebook...

First this entire section is missing:
OVERVIEW
Street Diesel
The Street Diesel (SD) class is designed for streetable pickup trucks (full-bodied diesel pickup trucks). Valid DOT registration and license plates are mandatory. The vehicle must be four-wheel drive.
Designations: SD followed by competition number.
Weight breaks: 8000 lbs. Weight is with driver.
Thus allowing anybody without a "streetable pickup truck" to pull.

Then other key elements also are left out, like:
Street Equipment:
Complete headlight and taillight assemblies (all) are mandatory and must be operative. Complete OEM windshield and windows are mandatory. Windows must be operative per factory specifications; that is, they must open and close via OEM electrical or mechanical means.
Batteries:
The batteries must be securely mounted. They may not be located in the driver compartment or forward of the radiator core support.
Body:
The body must be the OEM truck body, including the full bed floor. The body must retain full sheet metal. Metal after-market hoods are permitted. Fiberglass is prohibited. The hood must be closed and securely latched while the vehicle is hooked to the sled. Section in BOLD missing.
Credentials:
All drivers must have a valid state driver’s license.
Why was the above left out?
Driveline:
An OEM transmission and transfer case are mandatory. They must have been an option on a one-ton or smaller pickup.
Fuel:
The fuel must be pump #1/#2 diesel only. Soy/Biodiesel fuel is permitted. Off-road diesel fuel is prohibited.
Fuel Injection Pump:
The fuel injection pump is limited to a stock-appearing, OEM engine make-specific pump only. Dual high-pressure common-rail fuel pumps or HPOPs are permitted. The P7100 injection pump, if equipped, must utilize a stock-appearing governor. Section in BOLD left out.
Interior:
A complete interior, including dashboard, door panels, headliner, etc., is mandatory. Two matching front seats are mandatory. Aftermarket seats are permitted; they must be fully upholstered. All factory controls (lights, signals, horn, windows, wipers, etc.) must be retained and be operative.
So let's see, almost every rule that would insure the competitor that he/she would be competing against a puller in a "streetable pickup truck" has been left out? And add to it the fact that most of the things people are complaining about at Platte City were what? Those exact rules I quoted. Do you see the confusion this causes? By allowing one or more associations to pull a hybrid of a SuperStreet/Modified class truck and then go to a DHRA event and then wonder why you're not allowed to hook? This is why.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:27 AM

Exatcally..... tell Justin to go to ONE JUST ONE DHRA event and let them tech him for the street class or for all thats worth you take your truck as well... Face it YOU made the rules in the MMTTPA to fit Justins truck and you built a Mirror image of it in your truck.. Now your mad you cant pull except in your association or brush pulls... You had to have seen this comming. At the rules meeting we tried to get you to instate the 2007 DHRA rulebook but you had to make changes and at pulls you are making exceptions.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:56 AM

Anrother note... You said his truck is Impressive enough to beat Painter and Ingram they dont try to run in the street classes.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:42 AM

Smokin S I now realize you are the one letting him cheat after reading some more of these posts. If you want your association to grow and have more than three or four competitors then you should follow the rules for everybody. I'm not sure how many rules Justin doesn't follow but I know his pump in not even close to being stock appearing even if you don't consider the governor. If you only bend the rules for your buddies then nobody else will want to pull.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:35 AM

Are these rules made by people who don't want to spend any money on their trucks? I have been to several pulls and I can't see why somebody would want to watch a truck pull that they just "unhooked" from the livestock trailer and that is "street legal" get 3/4 the way down the track while the track offical walks beside him and puke out.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by 1bad6.2
Are these rules made by people who don't want to spend any money on their trucks? I have been to several pulls and I can't see why somebody would want to watch a truck pull that they just "unhooked" from the livestock trailer and that is "street legal" get 3/4 the way down the track while the track offical walks beside him and puke out.

We are talking about Street Diesl Not Work Stock... And even work stock has some very impressive trucks that pull a trailer on a daily basis and still lay 500+ HP to the ground. Obviously you havent been to many pulls...
Old 07-25-2007, 11:50 AM

Whats the difference? Every truck that pulls in work stock is bone stock. I DOUBT IT. Why do stock trucks and street diesel pull in the same class lots of times? Isn't that unfair to the "work stock"?
Old 07-25-2007, 12:23 PM

Whats the difference? Every truck that pulls in work stock is bone stock. I DOUBT IT. Why do stock trucks and street diesel pull in the same class lots of times? Isn't that unfair to the "work stock"?
You're confusing the point of this discussion. Why do work stock and street diesel trucks pull in the same class "lots of times"? Because they aren't at a DHRA or similar sanctioned event. If you're seeing that, most likely you are at a "brush pull". You're at an event where chances are the only rules are the ones printed on the flyer. A weight, a hitch height and a blurb about hanging weights and blocks is all you get. If you or anybody else wants to build a truck to do that, great, go for it. But don't be surprised when you show up at a DHRA event and get told to go home or pull in another class than the one you've been allowed to hook at back home at one of the brush pulls.

If you come to a DHRA event and the event is teched proper then each truck that hooks in work stock should meet the proper qualifications to pull in the class. Why do they have a class as "boring" as work stock? Because it's a beginnner class, you don't need big money to hook in it.

I can't even begin to tell you the amount of money I've spent on my Street Diesel class truck. Afraid of spending money? Hardly. I've spent plenty.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:26 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Mtomac,

Awesome pull man, it just goes to show how far diesel performance has come along. Such that the 1st place finisher can still drive the truck on the street and does.

Where are you from?
Old 07-25-2007, 12:47 PM

I maybe the only one, but I really enjoy the work stock classes. I am on a very limited budget and I can relate to these guys. So what if they puke out half way down the track? I assume you haven't been to very many diesel pulls lately and watched the newer trucks pull. By having lower level classes it will spark interest in more pullers as most have a smaller budget or no sponsors like the big time pullers do.

Quick Reply: Platte City Mo. pull