Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

Newby to Truck "Pulls"

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 03:39 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Newby to Truck "Pulls"

Hey everyone, I went to my first truck "pull" this past weekend up in Tulare County, Ca. All I have too say is, WOO HOOOOO! That was was a BLAST!!!!! Now I'm kinda hooked. Where can I get soime kind of schedule for all the pulls here on the west coast and or Az./Nv. ???
Also, where could I find out what the rules and regs are for the different classes? Just kinda curious there..........
Old 04-02-2007, 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree! I am thinkin I need to check all this out.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:54 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Originally Posted by doznfire
I agree! I am thinkin I need to check all this out.
Hey Doznfire, nice '66. A long time ago, I had a '64 1/2 ton short bed fleetside with a built 327. Loved that that. Now if it had a CTD in it like yours, I'da never sold it!!!! Anyways "cherry" chevy, Man!!!!!
Old 04-02-2007, 03:58 PM

Thanks! Had alot of people checking it out this weekend, glad I brought it instead of the new truck. It motivated me to work on finishing it and changing a few things....You should have kept that old truck
Old 04-02-2007, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by doznfire
Thanks! Had alot of people checking it out this weekend, glad I brought it instead of the new truck. It motivated me to work on finishing it and changing a few things....You should have kept that old truck
Yeah, well like most things in life, shoulda's, coulda's and woulda's!!!!!! BTW, do you know the guy how had that 1st gen extra cab parked near you on that fence line? I had, or should I say my brother did, a question about his rack..........
Old 04-02-2007, 04:35 PM

Don't know his name but we all drank a few at browns camp with him. I could probably find out for ya.....
Old 04-19-2007, 05:47 PM

Hey guys, here's the list of CA pulls this year. http://csspulling.com/schedule.html

Dozn - Don't think I'm gonna be headin' up to CalPoly this weekend anymore. I think we're gonna head to Barona for the drags down here instead. Should be out in NV for DHRA in a few weeks though.

JPR - Where you at in Murrieta? I'm always up that way.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:46 PM

Hey deruwe, yeah I live in Murrieta. I work down in San Diego, actually just south of MCAS Miramar. What do ya come up to Murrieta for?
Old 04-19-2007, 07:47 PM

OOPP's.... I forgot to add that I live on the south side of "Historic" Murrieta, off of Adams. I've a nice short walk to the BrandX liquir store. Comes in handy every now and then.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JPR Ram
Hey Doznfire, nice '66.
That is definately one bad truck.....you have any more pics? SWEET! I sold my 77 Chevy after buying my Dodge.....almost put a Cummins down in it, but decided against it.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:25 PM

I head up there mainly just because I like the area up there a lot better than here (too much city for me). Just need somethin' to get off base to get away and it usually consists of finding new backroads through Temecula back to base. I try to do any kind of shopping I need to do up there, too, cause the truck will actually fit into a parking space.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by deruwe2002
I head up there mainly just because I like the area up there a lot better than here (too much city for me). Just need somethin' to get off base to get away and it usually consists of finding new backroads through Temecula back to base. I try to do any kind of shopping I need to do up there, too, cause the truck will actually fit into a parking space.
Well heck man, whatcha up to this weekend? I'm gonna be at my parents putting in some new injectors, drinking a few beers and playing some pool. You're more than welcome to come on over............... PM me and we can get into more details.