Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Competition / Pulls / OffRoad (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/competition-pulls-offroad-108/)
-   -   Newby to Truck "Pulls" (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/competition-pulls-offroad-108/newby-truck-pulls-144600/)

JPR Ram 04-02-2007 03:39 PM

Newby to Truck "Pulls"

Hey everyone, I went to my first truck "pull" this past weekend up in Tulare County, Ca. All I have too say is, WOO HOOOOO! That was was a BLAST!!!!! Now I'm kinda hooked. Where can I get soime kind of schedule for all the pulls here on the west coast and or Az./Nv. ???
Also, where could I find out what the rules and regs are for the different classes? Just kinda curious there..........

doznfire 04-02-2007 03:49 PM

I agree! I am thinkin I need to check all this out.[whistle]

JPR Ram 04-02-2007 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by doznfire (Post 1439676)
I agree! I am thinkin I need to check all this out.[whistle]

Hey Doznfire, nice '66. A long time ago, I had a '64 1/2 ton short bed fleetside with a built 327. Loved that that. Now if it had a CTD in it like yours, I'da never sold it!!!! Anyways "cherry" chevy, Man!!!!!

doznfire 04-02-2007 03:58 PM

Thanks! Had alot of people checking it out this weekend, glad I brought it instead of the new truck. It motivated me to work on finishing it and changing a few things....You should have kept that old truck[coffee]

JPR Ram 04-02-2007 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by doznfire (Post 1439685)
Thanks! Had alot of people checking it out this weekend, glad I brought it instead of the new truck. It motivated me to work on finishing it and changing a few things....You should have kept that old truck[coffee]

Yeah, well like most things in life, shoulda's, coulda's and woulda's!!!!!! BTW, do you know the guy how had that 1st gen extra cab parked near you on that fence line? I had, or should I say my brother did, a question about his rack..........

doznfire 04-02-2007 04:35 PM

Don't know his name but we all drank a few at browns camp with him. I could probably find out for ya.....

deruwe2002 04-19-2007 05:47 PM

Hey guys, here's the list of CA pulls this year. http://csspulling.com/schedule.html

Dozn - Don't think I'm gonna be headin' up to CalPoly this weekend anymore. I think we're gonna head to Barona for the drags down here instead. Should be out in NV for DHRA in a few weeks though.

JPR - Where you at in Murrieta? I'm always up that way.

JPR Ram 04-19-2007 06:46 PM

Hey deruwe, yeah I live in Murrieta. I work down in San Diego, actually just south of MCAS Miramar. What do ya come up to Murrieta for?

JPR Ram 04-19-2007 07:47 PM

OOPP's.... I forgot to add that I live on the south side of "Historic" Murrieta, off of Adams. I've a nice short walk to the BrandX liquir store. Comes in handy every now and then.

J Lent 04-19-2007 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by JPR Ram (Post 1439680)
Hey Doznfire, nice '66.

That is definately one bad truck.....you have any more pics? SWEET! I sold my 77 Chevy after buying my Dodge.....almost put a Cummins down in it, but decided against it.[duhhh]

deruwe2002 04-19-2007 09:25 PM

I head up there mainly just because I like the area up there a lot better than here (too much city for me). Just need somethin' to get off base to get away and it usually consists of finding new backroads through Temecula back to base. I try to do any kind of shopping I need to do up there, too, cause the truck will actually fit into a parking space.

JPR Ram 04-19-2007 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by deruwe2002 (Post 1469625)
I head up there mainly just because I like the area up there a lot better than here (too much city for me). Just need somethin' to get off base to get away and it usually consists of finding new backroads through Temecula back to base. I try to do any kind of shopping I need to do up there, too, cause the truck will actually fit into a parking space.

Well heck man, whatcha up to this weekend? I'm gonna be at my parents putting in some new injectors, drinking a few beers and playing some pool. You're more than welcome to come on over............... PM me and we can get into more details.