Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

CT Performance

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 11:32 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by summit889
Not trying to be a jerk, but that's assuming they (NADP) don't improve.
Thats not being a jerk, you're totally right.. But the runs I saw, everyone was having traction issues. He proved he had more power in Mikes truck, but just couldn't hold it down. II's truck was the same. The first to figure out the traction issues, will be the bar setter.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:04 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dooes anyone know where NADP is for HP no one has ever heard and I know for a fact I am making more HP than II truck because it was built by the same people as mine was and I am higher HP than them so IMO I think once I have the traction figured out I will be the one setting the bar and the bar should be pretty high.

But who knows NADP has tricks they haven't pulled yet either... but keep in mind this last week was my third time on the track with the truck and NADP has been on the track alot longer than we have.

Aaron
Old 10-25-2007, 01:17 PM
Banned

II probably has changed a few things since that truck was built. I know they have the biggest set of sticks I have ever heard of in a CR and no telling what brett has going on cp3 wise. Last I heard they ran a 11.2 blowing the head gasket with a soft hig 1.90 60' just trying to check the nitrous after the nadp event incident. Last time I used the HP calculator on the NADP truck i know thats not near correct they were at like 984 i believe that was their pass that set the bar at the blackout event with the weight of their truck at that event.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:18 PM
Banned

Congrats to you, yall are doing a great job not many can accomplish what you have.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:17 PM
Banned

Yes they did set the bar... I am hoping we can break that bar and get close to the low tens touch on the 9.99 area. We will have to take alot more weight out of the truck but we will be fiberglassing it hopefully this winter.

By no means am I putting down II's and NADP's truck they did a hell of a job on them. Congrats to both of them.

The sticks II is running are the same ones that I have coming for mine.

Aaron.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CReed
Congrats to you, yall are doing a great job not many can accomplish what you have.
Thanks. We will be running in Vegas for the Mopars at the strip and the DHRA nationals hopefully you can make it up there to watch us run.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:37 PM

Good job Aaron! When I catch up with you in Edmonton I will give you a hand with the suspension stuff, I have played with that alot in the past on other race vehicles that I have ran. I told Barry what to do on Mikes truck and it seems to work pretty good, so I am sure that I will be able to help you out!!

Kevin
Old 10-25-2007, 07:57 PM

It should be an interesting show next summer for sure, I think Mike's truck will open a few eyes yet, being as they have had 8 or more runs consistently in the 10's and a best of 10.48 out of a 7000lb truck, I think if you have a similar or superior setup in your truck that is what, 5600lbs give or take? that orange monster will do extremely well, I guess it all comes down to the track time and homework done. Best of luck to all.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:02 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by joaker
It should be an interesting show next summer for sure, I think Mike's truck will open a few eyes yet, being as they have had 8 or more runs consistently in the 10's and a best of 10.48 out of a 7000lb truck, I think if you have a similar or superior setup in your truck that is what, 5600lbs give or take? that orange monster will do extremely well, I guess it all comes down to the track time and homework done. Best of luck to all.
I agree.. The Alberta trucks seem to be hitting the highlight reel more often than not. Traction, nice problem to have...
Old 10-26-2007, 09:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by morkable
Good job Aaron! When I catch up with you in Edmonton I will give you a hand with the suspension stuff, I have played with that alot in the past on other race vehicles that I have ran. I told Barry what to do on Mikes truck and it seems to work pretty good, so I am sure that I will be able to help you out!!

Kevin
Thanks Kevin that will be greatly appreciated. we need to get that thing to hook. We are looking at going to a ladder bar setup in the rear with coil over shocks and maybe dropping the front end down a bit. Any ideas wil help us out alot.

Aaron
Old 10-26-2007, 12:14 PM

I am not sure that will help with traction, might shave a couple of pounds. Do you have video of when you are losing traction? That would help out to see where it needs improvement. Could be as simple as some weight transfer issues

Kevin
Old 10-26-2007, 12:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by morkable
I am not sure that will help with traction, might shave a couple of pounds. Do you have video of when you are losing traction? That would help out to see where it needs improvement. Could be as simple as some weight transfer issues

Kevin
I have a couple videos I can bring with me to see where I am loosing traction. Driving the truck it feels like I come off the line ok but once the turbos hit I lose traction. Thats how it feels in the truck anyways.

Aaron
Old 10-26-2007, 01:34 PM

Cool, we will look over those videos with a beer and see if we can come up with something for you!

Kevin
Old 10-26-2007, 02:12 PM
Banned

Sounds like a plan Kevin. We will keep in touch.

Aaron

Quick Reply: CT Performance