Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

CT Performance

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 03:29 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ramtd02
how come he cant tell us himself?? Why was he banned?
Loooong story that was gone over a while ago. Got tangled up in a PM mess and was banned.

IMHO, as with most disputes, a breakdown in communication.
Old 03-28-2008, 04:14 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by ramtd02
how come he cant tell us himself?? Why was he banned?

Sadly Aaron chose to violate forum rules by spamming members via PM in an attempt to sell products, which is an immediate ban according to forum rules.

Then he registered again under another name and did it again. While he was doing that he was sending us emails asking to be let back on and that it was not him but his buddy that had registered.

Unfortunately for him we could read the PM's he was sending from that new user name telling people it was him (Aaron) and lying to us at the same time via email, that it wasn't

Pretty sad situation that just got worse because it wasn't handled in an honest fashion. Some guys can't just say "Oops I made a mistake" They would rather turn a simple problem into a major one by lying and not taking responsibility for their actions.
Old 03-28-2008, 04:18 PM
Chapter President

For correction Lary,

His "buddy" was his father, whom I also know quite well and was trying to do some damage control and it backfired.

The parties involved with the PM's were already customers of his company and they used the PM service here instead of personal email.

I understand the DTR's stance, however knowing Aaron and his father for a long time I feel it still stems from misunderstandings from both parties..

I have had alot of communication with CT and they valued their membership here and were not intending on being the "bad" boys as depicted.

FWIW..
Old 03-28-2008, 04:53 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Lil Dog
For correction Lary,

His "buddy" was his father, whom I also know quite well and was trying to do some damage control and it backfired.

The parties involved with the PM's were already customers of his company and they used the PM service here instead of personal email.

I understand the DTR's stance, however knowing Aaron and his father for a long time I feel it still stems from misunderstandings from both parties..

I have had alot of communication with CT and they valued their membership here and were not intending on being the "bad" boys as depicted.

FWIW..
I understand your point of view as well, but the actual evidence speaks for itself. If he were only conversing with former customers, there would not have been a problem. But the simple truth is, that is just is not the case.

I am sending you a copy of a private message he sent to a member unsolicited after he read a post here by that member. You will be able to see for yourself that the truth is often a different thing from what your friends choose to tell you.

I should also note that there was no misunderstanding because when Aaron first joined here he started advertising in the forums. I had a talk with him and explained why he could not do that. I also sent him a copy of the Forum rules with the the part about being banned for SPAM highlighted.

I told him at that time that I did not want to lose him from the forum because of rules violations. I made sure he understood and he stated he did.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Sadly Aaron chose to violate forum rules by spamming members via PM in an attempt to sell products, which is an immediate ban according to forum rules.

Then he registered again under another name and did it again. While he was doing that he was sending us emails asking to be let back on and that it was not him but his buddy that had registered.

Unfortunately for him we could read the PM's he was sending from that new user name telling people it was him (Aaron) and lying to us at the same time via email, that it wasn't

Pretty sad situation that just got worse because it wasn't handled in an honest fashion. Some guys just can't say "Oops I made a mistake" They would rather turn a simple problem into a major one by lying and not taking responsibility for their actions.
It's surprising how many business people are unethical, can't be good for business.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:33 AM
Chapter President

Lary,

I appreciate your honesty in the matter and respect the decision of the DTR. Sometimes it just isn't that easy to swallow. Thank you also for using the PM instead of making it a public event. That speaks volumes.