ABDTR #5 Alberta Chapter #5 Discussion

A++++ Dyno day

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 07:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL,, come on guys, you need twins..... but I along with others was a little disappointed with my number, was really expecting more, but hey still good I guess

Kevin
Old 03-11-2008, 08:04 AM

Just a note to everyone, hopefully everyone will post their pics and videos on the facebook account that we have setup. If you have forgotten the username and password just pm me.

Thanks

Kevin
Old 03-11-2008, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by morkable
LOL,, come on guys, you need twins.....
No room.........remote control module takes up that space.

I had no plans on even throwing truck on the dyno.

Old 03-11-2008, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Festus
No room.........remote control module takes up that space.

I had no plans on even throwing truck on the dyno.

I was a little surprised you put the new "baby" on the dyno.(You dun good, Festus!)
Old 03-11-2008, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by TurboTed
I was a little surprised you put the new "baby" on the dyno.(You dun good, Festus!)
Someone (......Kevin, complemented a little by Jeff, John, and Martin, but mainly Kevin), convinced me.

I was concerned with my fuel pressure...and still am - yes, I need to get the AD on as soon as I get a few other things done around the house. My issue is I know that there isn't a darn thing wrong with the OEM LP - it's barely adequate for an unloaded stock truck. No wonder they don't give us a fuel pressure gauge in the cluster.

Is it just me, or did anyone else notice the stutter, like not getting enough fuel, when I turned the box up? I swear I can kinda see it on the graph as well.........or maybe I'm just losing my mind.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by morkable
Just a note to everyone, hopefully everyone will post their pics and videos on the facebook account that we have setup. If you have forgotten the username and password just pm me.

Thanks

Kevin
UHHHHH that would be photobucket too much going on in my brain.

Kevin
Old 03-11-2008, 09:37 PM

Someone (......Kevin, complemented a little by Jeff, John, and Martin, but mainly Kevin), convinced me.

I was concerned with my fuel pressure...and still am - yes, I need to get the AD on as soon as I get a few other things done around the house. My issue is I know that there isn't a darn thing wrong with the OEM LP - it's barely adequate for an unloaded stock truck. No wonder they don't give us a fuel pressure gauge in the cluster.

Is it just me, or did anyone else notice the stutter, like not getting enough fuel, when I turned the box up? I swear I can kinda see it on the graph as well.........or maybe I'm just losing my mind.
I was running 130HP with the smarty with a OEM LP,if any truck was running out of fuel it was probably me.

My graph is,why is it straight?

Graph
Old 03-11-2008, 09:52 PM

thats not a bad graph, nice level powerband, resonably typical of a diesel engine. You are definately starting to run out of fuel in the higher RPMs (where the little flicker starts)

Kevin
Old 03-12-2008, 08:10 PM

So they twisted your arm, huh? Maybe it's a lucky thing I couldn't go. Could you just see my "stocker" spinnin' away- then I come home with those stock BFG's, and tell my wife I'm thinking of new tires, with only 35000km on the truck! LOL!!