ABDTR #5 Alberta Chapter #5 Discussion
View Poll Results: How long till Mike puts twins on his 2010
This weekend if Mike gets home from work
12.00%
After the first oil change
8.00%
Half way through the warranty period
4.00%
After he gets other goodies that ruin his warranty (smarty)
28.00%
All the way through warranty
8.00%
He will get all the pieces to have twins, powdercoat them, but take 3 years to get them put on (a bit of an inside joke) :P
40.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

2010 Twins Poll

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 09:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Twins Poll

So as most of us have read Mike has been lured into a new 2010 dodge. This poll is to guess how long it takes for the great pusher of twins, to put twins on his new ride.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:35 PM
The Guru

Hah... I guess I deserve this...

I was going to wait till Marco released a smarty version for my ride. We could slam in a P pump into the truck until then, I really hate all that emission stuff on the ride so thats a no brainer, but we do have a few other trucks to tweak/play with until then. We could do a camshaft swap for the 10, as that should be a no brainer, and thats would be cool with me. I do want to put a S480 under the HE351 at some point, but really I want to do a real clean DPF/EGR delete. The truck only has 110 km's on it, so why not, its spanky clean, like really clean. I really want to finish off the ranger first (that means make a full 1/4 mile pass deep in the 9's), those towing twins for the 02 (running the mach 6's) and then do the 2010 up. So far edge is the only outfit making a programmer for the ride (no really good egr/dpf delete set-up as of yet). I'm think this fall, if Marco buddy can come thru, twins could be on the 10. Of course 10 minutes after the twins, the tranny will be toasted. Of course, twin CP's and that zeus programmer would make for a sweet sweet daily driver. Tate has already planned that into my brain.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:39 PM
The Guru

Brett, once my stuff is done, we start on your stuff. big big twins/siqma pump race pump/race motor/sled puller special, on that squeaky clean 1st gen ride of yours.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen
Brett, once my stuff is done, we start on your stuff. big big twins/siqma pump race pump/race motor/sled puller special, on that squeaky clean 1st gen ride of yours.
I sold my studs today, the part out has begun... Or maybe it is just making room for 625's...
Old 05-08-2010, 10:49 PM

are you sure Mike would stop at twins?
Old 05-08-2010, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by pistazie
are you sure Mike would stop at twins?
Mike will never stop, it will START at twins.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:52 PM

LOL, I'm thinking a triple set up might be more of a challenge for our resident turbo-meister
Old 05-09-2010, 06:01 AM
The Guru

Triples, I don't have enough fuel for twins, yet...

Brett, if your parting out the truck, sell me the motor. I need an oil pan for the ranger. Its going to take too long to build one and might be easier to use yours. Unless you think differently, we will have to build most of it from scratch. None of the oil pans I have right now, just don't fit onto that VE block motor that I want to build-up.

I would like to visit the track at least once this year with the ranger. Been hoping to be ready for the aug e-town race, but this darn work thingy...Worst case we run race city in the fall, at least we go racing..
Old 05-09-2010, 10:19 AM

LOL, don't think I am actually parting it out yet.

Didn't your ve motor have an oil pan?

Custom pan won't take long, especially now that I will have power at my garage and can get the TIG set back up. Might even look half decent this way...

Well since triples seem to be the big thing these days, I guess that is what we will have to do. Though I was just thinking a mani with an external gate, and run the stock turbo, over an S475 or S480 or maybe one of those new GTX4508R's might be the way to go.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:09 PM
The Guru

I have no VE oil pans or gearboxes, the 98 and newer blocks that I have, the oil pan doesn't fit onto the block. We probably will have to build a custom pan to fit the gridle. I bought a gridle with x-tra 14mm long studs. I really want to cross drill the block get some custom mains done up. Maybe next time around. I want a decent near bomb proof bottom end for when I can get a CDS 14mm pump for that truck, plus some fire hose sized lines/injectors.

As for triples, the only way I think it would work decently is to put to smaller sized turbos up top for the secondary, that are feed by a larger primary. A GTX4508R is probably worth some $$$, that S480 of yours is more in my price range. I only have small $$$ turbo budget, Tater, is the big dollar turbo guy...

I really only want to fix the fuel system on the 2010 (fass 150, 3 mircon and draw straw V mod), and remove the EGR/cooler/DPF and throttle butterfly. Make it more like a 5.9L than a 6.7L, remove all those extra injection cycles. The destroked zeus ECM, would hopefully fix all those issues, but its a pricey unit.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen
I have no VE oil pans or gearboxes, the 98 and newer blocks that I have, the oil pan doesn't fit onto the block. We probably will have to build a custom pan to fit the gridle. I bought a gridle with x-tra 14mm long studs. I really want to cross drill the block get some custom mains done up. Maybe next time around. I want a decent near bomb proof bottom end for when I can get a CDS 14mm pump for that truck, plus some fire hose sized lines/injectors.

As for triples, the only way I think it would work decently is to put to smaller sized turbos up top for the secondary, that are feed by a larger primary. A GTX4508R is probably worth some $$$, that S480 of yours is more in my price range. I only have small $$$ turbo budget, Tater, is the big dollar turbo guy...

I really only want to fix the fuel system on the 2010 (fass 150, 3 mircon and draw straw V mod), and remove the EGR/cooler/DPF and throttle butterfly. Make it more like a 5.9L than a 6.7L, remove all those extra injection cycles. The destroked zeus ECM, would hopefully fix all those issues, but its a pricey unit.
I am sure we can cut up my oil pan for right now, other then it is still on the truck and still holding oil... Have to pull it first. Just means at some point I will have to find another VE pan.

Yeah if we do triples on the 2010, it would be like a pair of GT35R's or GT3782's or S300's over that stock HE351VE. With an external gate added.

Zeus ecm would be sweet, but has it even been released? As far as your EGR/cooler/DPF delete stuff, I know that Dave was looking for a truck with all of that on that he could use to design that stuff, as right now he just does Ford stuff. If you have the time between jobs, maybe you could work out a deal to drive the head down, and get some delete pieces made up?
Old 05-09-2010, 05:36 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ah yes, the first step is BlackTec... Then the fuel/air feud can begin. We will see how much the 6.7 head gasket can take.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:23 PM
The Guru

Deleting the dpf, is easy. You just need sims for the egt sensors and a o2 bung for the a few sensors. You can run a standard exhaust or just build a chunk of exhaust to bypass the dpf. We could build that stuff at my place, with all the extra pipe that I have laying around. As for deleting the egr/cooler, that stuff is pretty easy as well, H&S has a cheap kit, even comes with a fancy logo on it. The trick is not to get codes, which without a programer isn't easy. Dodge threw in an extra sensor on the 10's vs the 3rd gen 6.7L. I have one free service, with my purchase, so after that service is done, the bombing can begin. Just the truck has to appear stock and can go back to stock very easy. I still want some that expensive warranty that I bought, even I know its all BS...I'll play the game, but I told them up front that its going to adjusted just like my 300 was... Edge is coming out in June, with a box, that clears codes on start-up, so the smarty isn't far off.

Dog, is the guru on this emission delete stuff, I'm still learning. Blacktec, I just learned a new phase and I like it.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:28 PM
The Guru

Here is a link.
http://www.hsperformance.com/store/i...d=89&parent=34

For that price, its not enough worth Dave's time.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:39 PM

I sent him that link, that is what he does is production runs. Here is a couple pics from a couple days ago of him doing some one off custom compressor housing upgrading:

Name:  IMG_2240.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  111.0 KBName:  IMG_2244.jpg
Size:  158.2 KBName:  IMG_2241.jpg
Size:  56.4 KB

However he is mostly setup to do volume runs. I will see what he says about that delete piece.

Quick Reply: 2010 Twins Poll