4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Boost and pyrometer gauges?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boost and pyrometer gauges?

I am planning on adding a boost and pyrometer gauge to my new 2500 regardless whether or not I decide on horsepower adders to my truck. What's everyone using for gauges?

I'm seeing this ( http://dieselmanor.com/gauges/DM-2gk-isd.asp ) kit from Diesel Manor and it seems like a pretty complete kit for what I'm looking for. My only worry is the installation. I'm guessing the weather pack connector kit allows you to tie into a factory pyro transducer already mounted? Am I reading that correctly? As far as plumbing the boost gauge I'm lost, my 97 Powerstroke I just drilled and tapped the piping just post-turbo and fitted the tubing there.

Thanks in advance for any help

Brandon
Old 09-22-2010, 07:58 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The boost hookup would be same.. Some guys use boost bolts that replace one of the intake manifold bolts, but I run EV gauges in my 08 and the pressure sensor was too big to fit on the end. So I drilled and tapped the intake horn. I wanted to know intake boost after the IC instead of before.

The weather pack connector is and upgrade to the connection to the thermocouple you install instead of the two screw and nut connections that used to be with them. You will still need to drill-tap-install the pyro into the exhaust manifold for the gauge.

For something more stealth I went with the overhead gauge mounts... Pics in my gallery.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:18 AM

I did the same thing with my 2004.5 much prior to putting in a power adder (Smarty JR). I wish I had never done that. While it is super cool to have them. It turned me into neverous ninnie. I became fixated on the pryo in particular. These things do run hot. So I always found my self backing off of the pedal during climbing with the trailer in tow. Even empty it could hit 1300degrees. The Smarty JR lever let it get much more than a 1000 degrees on the hill. So with this truck I'm leaving it completely stock and driving the heck out of it. Just my 2 cents.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by NB64
I did the same thing with my 2004.5 much prior to putting in a power adder (Smarty JR). I wish I had never done that. While it is super cool to have them. It turned me into neverous ninnie. I became fixated on the pryo in particular. These things do run hot. So I always found my self backing off of the pedal during climbing with the trailer in tow. Even empty it could hit 1300degrees. The Smarty JR lever let it get much more than a 1000 degrees on the hill. So with this truck I'm leaving it completely stock and driving the heck out of it. Just my 2 cents.
LOL, glad I am not the only that spent most of ever trip staring at those darn gauges.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by megafast
LOL, glad I am not the only that spent most of ever trip staring at those darn gauges.
Whewww I'm not crazy then????
Old 09-29-2010, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by NB64
Whewww I'm not crazy then????
Not in my mind. I even had a hand written ledger in the center console with date, miles on the truck, MPH, EGT, head wind or tailwind, etc. That EGT gauge almost put me over the edge.