3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Gauges...gauges...gauges...

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 10:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gauges...gauges...gauges...

Guys,
give some help here PLEASE...I know there is alot of gauge ???'s going aroung here, but none really tell me what I want to know, so here goes...
What brand name gauges is everyone running and why???
Has anyone used the digital gauges???What do you think of them????
What gauge mount looks the best and easiest to run wires from???
If you could post pics with your replies, I would greatly appreciate it....I know some have already posted some pics and I checked them out, but I was wondering if I could get a few more guys to help me out...This will be my first set of gauges and I want to install myself..Thanks in advance for all the help, opinions and pics.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:37 PM

I notice your southern ohio too, If you do good with your install maybe you can do mine!
Old 08-28-2006, 12:07 AM

I have all the same questions as I am a first timer with a Diesel. Based on the pictures the cluster under the trip computer looks best but can only handle 3 gauges and something like the Quadzilla can show four at a time but who knows. Looking forward to the replys.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:23 AM

I ran all Autometer gauges in my Superduty (cobalt). This time around I have decided to run all Dakota Digitals. For me, the digital display is much easier to see at a glance. Boy there dang expensive though.
Old 08-28-2006, 04:50 AM

Gauges

Personally I like analogue gauges and run Autometer Lunar and Phantom gauges. With an anlogue gauge I can just look at the relative position of the needle and know what the situation is. Digital are great for exact numbers but that can be a problem, ah was that 1300 or 1800 degrees. One advantage to the digital monitors that are out now is many can be down loaded to your laptop. Check out my gallery for gauges, gauges, and more gauges. Good Luck!!!!

L8r,.........dogger
Old 08-28-2006, 05:40 AM

I run ISSPRO. Ordered the complete cubby hole set up from Diesel Manor. Fast service, and clean - easy install.
Old 08-28-2006, 07:17 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I like the analog combo (boost/EGT) from Westach.

MikeyB
Old 08-28-2006, 08:17 AM

Just installed the outlook monitor on mine. Easy install. I was looking for a different look than multiple guages on this truck. So far so good. Many things can be monitored this way, pyro is always on, the other three on the screen can be changed to what you want out of the list. Even rail pressure can be monitored on my truck. Its my first time with one of these monitors, so far so good.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Smokeman
Just installed the outlook monitor on mine. Easy install. I was looking for a different look than multiple guages on this truck. So far so good. Many things can be monitored this way, pyro is always on, the other three on the screen can be changed to what you want out of the list. Even rail pressure can be monitored on my truck. Its my first time with one of these monitors, so far so good.

Thanks guys for the replies...keep 'em cummin'....
Smokeman, what is the *OUTLOOK MONITOR*? Does it just have all the gauges and such or is it a performance chip/box too? Where do I get one and how much?

Thanks again to everyone that replied and more comments are definitely welcome!!!
Old 08-28-2006, 01:22 PM

I was lookin at the Quadzilla Recon.... https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...ment.php?f=107
It is a new item and not much info out there yet. I like the fit anywhere size.
Old 08-28-2006, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by coontz0473
Thanks guys for the replies...keep 'em cummin'....
Smokeman, what is the *OUTLOOK MONITOR*? Does it just have all the gauges and such or is it a performance chip/box too? Where do I get one and how much?

Thanks again to everyone that replied and more comments are definitely welcome!!!
It is the monitor that bully dog sells. It is not a combo performance chip but will work with the bully downloaders and some other products. Check it out at www.bullydog.com. Get one from your bullydog dealer. Monitors a bunch of stuff (some of it is useless to me but it does it). You can monitor 4 things at a time. I think the retail price is $419 on the website.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:01 PM

I'm running the Westach combo and SRT 10 mount from Geno's.

Old 08-28-2006, 09:02 PM

Recon xzt

I am going to give the new recon a try. I won't have it untill this weekend but I am looking forward to it. I like the size and the functions, and i have read that it is suppose to be a very accurate digtal gauge, and a very good price. I will post the results when I get it installed.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Big Horn
I am going to give the new recon a try. I won't have it untill this weekend but I am looking forward to it. I like the size and the functions, and i have read that it is suppose to be a very accurate digtal gauge, and a very good price. I will post the results when I get it installed.
BIG!.....I want to hear for sure..$?
Old 09-22-2006, 12:01 AM

Edge Attitude/Juice - need intake & exhuast?

I was going to get the Quadzilla but the sales guy told me couldn't find a great place to put it? Any ideas, Pictures? Then, I was goign to go with the std 3 gauge cluster above the mirror but he then said as good as it looks it doesn't work in Arizona becuase of the heat. The adhesive doesn't hold the cluster up again the top part of the windshield. Anyone hear of this problem. He told me to go with the Edge Attitude/Juice. I have a 06 Ram 2500 CTD and didnt' really need to juice up the engine, just gauges. Next my buddy tells me if I juice up the engine I might have add a bigger intake and exhaust? Comments? I need help here.

Quick Reply: Gauges...gauges...gauges...