3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Snow Plow Prep Group .... "Warning"

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2003, 10:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Snow Plow Prep Group .... "Warning"

!!!!!! DaimlerChrysler fails to respond!!!!!!!

This Email Sent this morning 04-06-03 To Factory Rep.

Dear Gary,

It has been over one week since my lasting Email to you concerning this Open issue, I have yet to receive a response from you or DaimlerChrysler in regards to it, As this is the fourth correspondence with you concerning this and have not received an explanation to the discrepancies outlined by the attached invoice, I will wait approximately one were week for your or DaimlerChrysler response before proceeding to the next step. If You prefer, I Would Be More Then Happy To Meet With You In Person Or You May Call Me Direct At My Home 315 592 2727 to discuss this .

Thank You

Thomas Tryniski

309 South fourth St.

Fulton, NY 13069

----- Original Message -----
To: Chris Atwater ; gjr6@daimlerchrysler.com
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 7:39 PM
Subject: Re: Snow Plow Prep Group 160 amp Alternator descrepancy DiamerChysler case # 11017573 for VIn # 3D3-KU26C23G-789964

Dear Gary,
My last e-mail to you was not asking DaimlerChrysler to remove the snowplow prep group option or the disclaimer associated with it ! I'm Pointing out to DaimlerChrysler that for diesel owners, there is a price discrepancy for that option package, If DaimlerChrysler is not including the 160Amp alternator and the Transfer Skid Plate and 750Amp Battery which makes Up the Snow prep group option package are included in other option packages Already Paid for On My invoice ,What Is The 85.00 charge for ?

I'll try to make this very simple, could DaimlerChrysler please tell me what I received in the $85 snowplow prep charge that has not already been included in other option packages on my invoice, if for any reason you cannot answer this yourself, would you please pass this on to the appropriate person who may answer this at DaimlerChrysler, I Look Foward to DaimlerChrysler's response.

I have included another copy of my invoice for DaimlerChrysler's review.

TomTryniski

To: "Tom Tryniski" <ttrnisk1@twcny.rr.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 4:59 PM
Subject: Re: Snow Plow Prep Group 160 amp Alternator descrepancy DiamerChysler case # 11017573 for VIn # 3D3-KU26C23G-789964

> Dear Sir,
>
> On the contrary. You are reading too much into my offer. The Snow
> Plow Prep Pkg does definitely serve a purpose. DaimlerChrysler
> will not honor the warranty on a plow equipped 4X4 Ram unless
> it is equipped with the Snow Plow Prep Pkg. Any 4X4 Ram not
> equipped with the Pkg from the factory should not have a plow
> hung on it. Once again, it was my understanding your motivation
> for the pkg was to gain the 160amp alternator that is only available
> with the V10. If you ever plan on plowing with your truck you will
> need the Snow Plow Prep Pkg. I am not an engineer, so I can
> not discuss the "who, what, why and where fores" regarding this
> requirement. If you ever decide to sell or trade your truck before
> the 7yr/100,000 mile warranty expires, the Plow Prep Pkg should
> actually increase the value of your truck. I am not sure that I can
> be of any further assistance.
> Enjoy your truck.
>
> Gary Relf
>
> .
Old 04-06-2003, 10:47 PM

I'm not sure I need to add to this fray but when I spec'd out my 03 on Edmunds.com there were two snow plow prep packages available. One was around $85 and the other about $145. Equipment did overlap with other options!
Old 04-07-2003, 10:05 AM

!!!!! Update From Factory Rep. !!!! Still Will not Respond To My Question On What The 85.00 Charge was For, But Still Offering me money back..... My Response Will Be posted Shortley

Mr Tryniski,

Sir, I must refer you back to my emails of March 26. I can offer
you no further assistance other than a $75.00 refund for the package
in question.

Gary Relf

Dear Gary,
My last e-mail to you was not asking DaimlerChrysler to remove the snowplow prep group option or the disclaimer associated with it ! I'm Pointing out to DaimlerChrysler that for diesel owners, there is a price discrepancy for that option package, If DaimlerChrysler is not including the 160Amp alternator and the Transfer Skid Plate and 750Amp Battery which makes Up the Snow prep group option package are included in other option packages Already Paid for On My invoice ,What Is The 85.00 charge for ?

I'll try to make this very simple, could DaimlerChrysler please tell me what I received in the $85 snowplow prep charge that has not already been included in other option packages on my invoice, if for any reason you cannot answer this yourself, would you please pass this on to the appropriate person who may answer this at DaimlerChrysler, I Look Foward to DaimlerChrysler's response.

I have included another copy of my invoice for DaimlerChrysler's review.

TomTryniski

To: "Tom Tryniski" <ttrnisk1@twcny.rr.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 4:59 PM

> Dear Sir,
>
> On the contrary. You are reading too much into my offer. The Snow
> Plow Prep Pkg does definitely serve a purpose. DaimlerChrysler
> will not honor the warranty on a plow equipped 4X4 Ram unless
> it is equipped with the Snow Plow Prep Pkg. Any 4X4 Ram not
> equipped with the Pkg from the factory should not have a plow
> hung on it. Once again, it was my understanding your motivation
> for the pkg was to gain the 160amp alternator that is only available
> with the V10. If you ever plan on plowing with your truck you will
> need the Snow Plow Prep Pkg. I am not an engineer, so I can
> not discuss the "who, what, why and where fores" regarding this
> requirement. If you ever decide to sell or trade your truck before
> the 7yr/100,000 mile warranty expires, the Plow Prep Pkg should
> actually increase the value of your truck. I am not sure that I can
> be of any further assistance.
> Enjoy your truck.
>
Dear Gary:

Thank you for your last response On 03/26/2003. My understanding of your last correspondence is that you agree that the $85 Snow plow prep option charge for diesel engine owners does not give them anything for this Charge, as the items described for that option group are part of other option groups already paid for or not applicable (example 160Amp alternator) . I feel in all fairness DaimlerChrysler should reimburse all customers so affected by this option group overcharge. This reimbursement should include An Intrest Rate credit and Any Local sales taxes That May have Paid by the customer on the $85. I have included as an attachment,My invoice clearly showing where these other options were included and paid for,This should help DaimlerChrysler in their decision. I look forward to your reply.

Thank you

Tom Tryniski

Old 04-08-2003, 12:11 PM

This Email Was Sent To Factory Rep this am 04-08-2003<br><br><br><br>Dear Gary,<br><br> Thank you for your response 04/07/2003, although it Again did not answer My question that I Have Been asking in the last five correspondence with You and DaimlerChrysler, and I can only assume that this was a DaimlerChrysler pricing error that has to be addressed to all customers affected on 2003 Ram Trucks .<br><br> As far as your offer to reimburse me the $75. I refer to my e-mail to you on 03/26/2003, it states. &quot;I feel in all fairness, DaimlerChrysler should reimburse all customers so affected by this Snow Plow Prep Group option overcharge. This reimbursement should include An Intrest Rate credit and Any Local sales taxes That May have Been Paid by the customer on the $85&quot;. I am aware that this decision is out of your authority and respectively request that you forward this to the appropriate person at DaimlerChrysler , I further ask that you supply me with that person's name, title and full mailing address for future correspondence directly with him.<br><br> I'm sure you and DaimlerChrysler Can appreciate the fact that I'm trying to resolve this issue at the lowest possible level. To assist DaimlerChrysler,I have again attached my invoice clearly showing my concerns with snowplow Prep group and diesel engine option Package, I Have also Included a Paper Trail Of Time And Events in chronological order. Again, as I said in my previous correspondence, I would be more than willing to meet with a DaimlerChrysler representative personally on this issue to help clear up any misunderstanding's. I feel that this issue has been drawn out much too long And Hope to resolve it as soon as possible. I look forward to DaimlerChrysler's decision.<br><br>Thomas Tryniski<br><br>309 South 4th Street<br><br>Fulton, NY 13069<br><br>315 592 2727<br><br> <br><br> <br>----- Original Message ----- <br>From: &lt;gjr6@daimlerchrysler.com&gt;<br>To: &quot;Tom Tryniski&quot; &lt;ttrnisk1@twcny.rr.com&gt;<br>Sent: Monday, April 07, 2003 10:06 AM<br>Subject: Re: Snow Plow Prep Group 160 amp Alternator descrepancy DiamerChysler case # 11017573 for VIn # 3D3-KU26C23G-789964<br><br><br>&gt; Mr Tryniski,<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Sir, I must refer you back to my emails of March 26. I can offer<br>&gt; you no further assistance other than a $75.00 refund for the package<br>&gt; in question.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Gary Relf<br>&gt; <br>&gt; <br><br> <br><br> <br>----- Original Message ----- <br>From: Tom Tryniski <br>To: Chris Atwater ; GJR6@daimlerchrysler.com <br>Sent: Sunday, April 06, 2003 10:53 AM<br>Subject: Snow Plow Prep Group 160 amp Alternator descrepancy DiamerChysler case # 11017573 for VIn # 3D3-KU26C23G-789964<br><br><br>Dear Gary,<br><br>It has been over one week since my last Email to you concerning this Open issue, I have yet to receive a response from you or DaimlerChrysler in regards to it, As this is the fourth correspondence with you concerning this and have not received an explanation to the discrepancies outlined by the attached invoice, I will wait approximately one More week for your or DaimlerChrysler response before proceeding to the next step. If You prefer, I Would Be More Then Happy To Meet With You In Person Or You May Call Me Direct At My Home 315 592 2727 to discuss this .<br><br>Thank You<br><br>Thomas Tryniski<br><br>309 South fourth St.<br><br>Fulton Ny<br><br> <br>----- Original Message ----- <br>To &lt;gjr6@daimlerchrysler.com&gt;<br>From: &quot;Tom Tryniski&quot; &lt;ttrnisk1@twcny.rr.com&gt;<br>Sent: Monday, Wednesday, March 26, 2003 7:39 PM<br>Subject: Re: Snow Plow Prep Group 160 amp Alternator descrepancy DiamerChysler case # 11017573 for VIn # 3D3-KU26C23G-789964<br><br><br>Dear Gary,<br>My last e-mail to you was not asking DaimlerChrysler to remove the snowplow prep group option or the disclaimer associated with it ! I'm Pointing out to DaimlerChrysler that for diesel owners, there is a price discrepancy for that option package, If DaimlerChrysler is not including the 160Amp alternator and the Transfer Skid Plate and 750Amp Battery which makes Up the Snow prep group option package are included in other option packages Already Paid for On My invoice ,What Is The 85.00 charge for ?<br> <br> <br>I'll try to make this very simple, could DaimlerChrysler please tell me what I received in the $85 snowplow prep charge that has not already been included in other option packages on my invoice, if for any reason you cannot answer this yourself, would you please pass this on to the appropriate person who may answer this at DaimlerChrysler, I Look Foward to DaimlerChrysler's response. <br> <br> <br>I have included another copy of my invoice for DaimlerChrysler's review.<br><br><br><br>TomTryniski<br> <br> <br> <br>----- Original Message ----- <br>From: &lt;gjr6@daimlerchrysler.com&gt;<br>To: &quot;Tom Tryniski&quot; &lt;ttrnisk1@twcny.rr.com&gt;<br>Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 4:59 PM<br>Subject: Re: Snow Plow Prep Group 160 amp Alternator descrepancy DiamerChysler case # 11017573 for VIn # 3D3-KU26C23G-789964<br><br><br>&gt; Dear Sir,<br>&gt; <br>&gt; On the contrary. You are reading too much into my offer. The Snow<br>&gt; Plow Prep Pkg does definitely serve a purpose. DaimlerChrysler<br>&gt; will not honor the warranty on a plow equipped 4X4 Ram unless<br>&gt; it is equipped with the Snow Plow Prep Pkg. Any 4X4 Ram not<br>&gt; equipped with the Pkg from the factory should not have a plow<br>&gt; hung on it. Once again, it was my understanding your motivation<br>&gt; for the pkg was to gain the 160amp alternator that is only available<br>&gt; with the V10. If you ever plan on plowing with your truck you will<br>&gt; need the Snow Plow Prep Pkg. I am not an engineer, so I can<br>&gt; not discuss the &quot;who, what, why and where fores&quot; regarding this<br>&gt; requirement. If you ever decide to sell or trade your truck before<br>&gt; the 7yr/100,000 mile warranty expires, the Plow Prep Pkg should<br>&gt; actually increase the value of your truck. I am not sure that I can<br>&gt; be of any further assistance.<br>&gt; Enjoy your truck.<br>&gt; <br> <br> <br> <br>----- Original Message ----- <br>From: Tom Tryniski <br>To: Chris Atwater ; gjr6@daimlerchrysler.com <br>Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 1:58 PM<br>Subject: Re: Snow Plow Prep Group 160 amp Alternator descrepancy DiamerChysler case # 11017573 for VIn # 3D3-KU26C23G-789964<br><br><br> <br><br>Dear Gary:<br><br>Thank you for your last response On 03/26/2003. My understanding of your last correspondence is that you agree that the $85 Snow plow prep option charge for diesel engine owners does not give them anything for this Charge, as the items described for that option group are part of other option groups already paid for or not applicable (example 160Amp alternator) . I feel in all fairness DaimlerChrysler should reimburse all customers so affected by this option group overcharge. This reimbursement should include An Intrest Rate credit and Any Local sales taxes That May have Been Paid by the customer on the $85. I have included as an attachment,My invoice clearly showing where these other options were included and paid for,This should help DaimlerChrysler in their decision. I look forward to your reply.<br><br> <br><br>Thank you<br><br>Tom Tryniski<br><br> <br><br> <br> <br> <br> <br>----- Original Message ----- <br>From: &lt;gjr6@daimlerchrysler.com&gt;<br>To: &quot;Tom Tryniski&quot; &lt;ttrnisk1@twcny.rr.com&gt;<br>Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 9:24 AM<br>Subject: Re: Snow Plow Prep Group 160 amp Alternator descrepancy DiamerChysler case # 11017573 for VIn # 3D3-KU26C23G-789964<br><br><br>&gt; <br>&gt; <br>&gt; <br>&gt; <br>&gt; Dear Sir,<br>&gt; <br>&gt; I have made Detroit aware that there is some confusion and<br>&gt; duplication in the website and printed materials regarding our 2500/<br>&gt; 3500 series trucks. The Dodge truck code guide used by our<br>&gt; dealers states the 160amp alternator only comes with the EWA (V10)<br>&gt; engine when ordering the Heavy Duty Snow Prep Pkg. It probably<br>&gt; should read that the HD Snow Pkg is available with the V10 only<br>&gt; since there is a duplication of equipment. Perhaps, Detroit will<br>&gt; make these changes since you have brought it to our attention.<br>&gt; Please be patient with us, sometimes, the wheels of progress<br>&gt; turn very slowly. My offer still stands to reimburse you the<br>&gt; wholesale cost of the package, $75.00. Let me know what<br>&gt; you would like to do?<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Sincerely,<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Gary J. Relf<br> <br> <br>----- Original Message ----- <br>From: &lt;gjr6@daimlerchrysler.com&gt;<br>To: &quot;Tom Tryniski&quot; &lt;ttrnisk1@twcny.rr.com&gt;<br>Sent: Friday, March 21, 2003 12:35 PM<br>Subject: Re:<br><br><br>&gt; <br>&gt; Dear Mr Tryniski,<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Thank you for your email. I was recently made aware of your concerns<br>&gt; by Detroit and Longley Dodge.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; First, let me say congratulations on the purchase of your new Ram diesel<br>&gt; pick up. There is no finer pick up truck on the road today!<br>&gt; <br>&gt; If I understand your concern correctly, you had hoped your new Ram would<br>&gt; be equipped with the larger alternator that only comes with the V10<br>&gt; package.<br>&gt; Chris at Longley showed me the website that gave you that impression. My<br>&gt; only response to you is that both the website and our catalogs contain a<br>&gt; disclaimer that basically states the following: &quot;Although descriptions are<br>&gt; believed correct, complete accuracy cannot be guaranteed. DCX reserves<br>&gt; the right to make changes at any time, without notice or obligation.&quot; Your<br>&gt; vehicle has been built to our engineer's specifications and should meet<br>&gt; your needs for many years to come.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; The good folks at Longley's tell me the only reason you ordered the Heavy<br>&gt; Duty Snow Plow Prep Group was to get the larger alternator. I apologize<br>&gt; for<br>&gt; the confusion regarding the package content. If, in fact, that was your<br>&gt; sole motivation, I am prepared to reimburse you the wholesale cost of the<br>&gt; package which is $75.00.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; By purchasing your new vehicle under the &quot;Friends&quot; program, you saved<br>&gt; over $6000 off the Manufacturer's Retail Suggested Price. We are truly<br>&gt; fortunate to have the benefit of NPG in our community. I trust the savings<br>&gt; you have already appreciated and my offer of $75.00 is satisfactory to<br>&gt; you.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Sincerely,<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Gary Relf<br>&gt; <br>&gt; <br><br> <br> <br><br><br> <br>----- Original Message ----- <br>From: Chris Atwater <br>To: Tom Tryniski <br>Sent: Friday, March 07, 2003 11:44 AM<br>Subject: Re: Snow Plow Prep Group 160 amp Alternator descrepancy DiamerChysler case # 11017573 for VIn # 3D3-KU26C23G-789964<br><br><br>Hello Tom,<br>I have Gary Ralph's email and he is the Daimler Chrysler DM who should be handling your matter. His email is GJR6@daimlerchrysler.com . Let me know if it works for you. Thank you and have a great day!<br>Chris Atwater<br>Internet Sales Manager<br>----- Original Message ----- <br>From: Tom Tryniski <br>To: Chris Atwater <br>Sent: Friday, March 07, 2003 9:48 AM<br>Subject: Snow Plow Prep Group 160 amp Alternator descrepancy DiamerChysler case # 11017573 for VIn # 3D3-KU26C23G-789964<br><br><br>Chris Atwater<br>Please Foward Copies to Below ;<br>Woody Tool ( General Sales Manager)<br>Dennis Longley <br>Longley Bros Dodge Inc.(File)<br> <br> <br>This is a follow-up to a phone conversation between DaimlerChrysler Customer Service Representative (1800 992 1997) ,Woody Tool Of Longley Bros and myself on 03/05/2003 At 1:30 pm Regarding Above Subject., It Was my understanding of this conversation a meeting between myself and A DaimlerChrysler district Representative for this area would Take place in the near future,Could you please supply me with this day as soon as possible to allow me Time to schedule into My Calendar,I Would Like to resolve this Issue as Soon as Possible .<br> <br> <br>Thank You<br>Thomas Tryniski<br>309 South 4th Street<br>Fulton New York<br>13069<br> <br>315 592 2727<br> <br>03/072003 <br>09:42 am<br> <br>----- Original Message ----- <br>From: Chris Atwater <br>To: tryniski@bigfoot.com <br>Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2003 1:59 PM<br>Subject: Longley Brothers Dodge<br><br><br>Hello Tom,<br>I am trying every possible route and what I discussed earlier is all they are willing to do. Now I know you want more done about this and the only other alternative you would have is to keep on Chrysler. Sorry, but that is all I can do. Have a great day!<br>Chris Atwater<br>Internet Sales Manager<br> <br> <br> <br>----- Original Message ----- <br>From: Chris Atwater <br>To: tryniski@bigfoot.com <br>Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 11:19 AM<br>Subject: Longley Brothers Dodge<br><br><br>Hello Tom, <br>We spoke with Chrysler today and what we have to do because there is no existing part through parts they have found a 160amp alternator, but they have to see if it fits. Chrysler stated they would pay and we just need to make sure it's going to work. If not that leaves Chrysler up to how they will benefit for the mistake. We are trying all possible routes for you and know we can solve this matter. Please kindly respond when you have a chance. Thank you and have a great day!<br>Chris Atwater<br>Internet Sales Manager<br>
Old 04-09-2003, 11:53 AM

I think that DC is realizing that they suddenly have a whole lot of plow prepped trucks that they're gonna hafta warranty. :
Old 04-11-2003, 07:48 AM

Update Dodge Factory Reps Latest Email.... Still with No answer to my question ????????????<br><br><br>----- Original Message ----- <br>From: &lt;gjr6@daimlerchrysler.com&gt;<br>To: &quot;Tom Tryniski&quot; &lt;ttrnisk1@twcny.rr.com&gt;<br>Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 7:14 PM<br>Subject: Re: Snow Plow Prep Group 160 amp Alternator descrepancy DiamerChysler case # 11017573 for VIn # 3D3-KU26C23G-789964<br><br><br>&gt; Mr Tryniski,<br>&gt; <br>&gt; You are right, this has drawn on much too long. I am afraid I cannot<br>&gt; help you at this level, and<br>&gt; I can offer you no resolution. I am not aware of any channels within our<br>&gt; organization to forward your<br>&gt; concerns. I will update your case number at the Customer Call Center and<br>&gt; advise them that I was<br>&gt; not able to help you.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Gary Relf<br>&gt; <br>&gt;
Old 04-11-2003, 04:43 PM

He's in the &quot;hurry up and go away&quot; mode now... I feel you'll never get an answer to this one...