3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

My 3500 is a piece of Junk!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Belfert, I know you dont want to take your truck to a dealer for an alignment but do it. You have to go there to get the wind noise taken care of anyway and since your truck is new you more than likely wont pay for the alignment. and most places dont have a align machine big enough to fit your truck anyway. My 03 did the same thing as yours when new and it took two 1hr trips to get it right and 26000 miles later i can let go of the wheel and it will stay straight. Just dont neglect tire rotation ( especially on a dually)and take it to a dealer that sells alot of trucks. While your there tell them about the drone. And emphasize how bad it is to them. Believe me I hate going to a dealer, for sales or service. Its the worst part of ownership. I have yet taken mine in for the vibration at 2400 rpm. (75mph). You'll love you truck once you get them taken care of, and you love it more once you hook that trailer to it and realize how good that dodge really is.
Old 01-21-2004, 11:53 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Against my better judgment, but I guess I'll chime in...

My truck had an annoying drone, only at 2,000 RPM that I could swear was from the engine, but turned out it was something vibrating in the steering column... Still, it was just in for the third time. Seems better, but the problem has a way of returning.

The other thing that crossed my mind is I wonder if Belfert's two problems (howl at certain speed- apparently worse when accelerating, and pulling to one side) could be related? Could a tire belt delaminating, tire not seated on the bead, badly misinflated tire, or something like that cause both?

Anyway, anyone who manufactures a complicated product with many parts and systems, and builds them by the thousands, is bound to have one or two that aren't perfect. IMO, it is how the manufacturer takes care of the ones that aren't perfect that is the real measure of quality. It doesn't sound like DC has even been given a chance yet.

Belfert, at least give the dealer a shot at making you happy. Go in and tell them about the doors leaking air, the engine groan, and the thing pulling to one side, and politely tell them you aren't happy with the truck the way it is, and want these things fixed.

Hey, the worst thing that could happen is they don't make you happy, and then you can come back and tell us about it, or even trade the Ram for another brand if you want.

It's my hope, though, that it is more likely that the dealer will get these issues ironed out, you will be happy with the Ram and the dealer, and you can end the last post on this thread with a
Old 01-21-2004, 05:12 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by dieselcrazy
and we wonder why used car salesmen get a bad rap...SPOTS ....
I was NEVER a used car salesman. I was a curbsider.. And I hardly ever sold junk. I traded that stuff into the dealers. Only sold the creampuffs.......