3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Can I get some pics of a 6'' lift on 35's?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 02:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can I get some pics of a 6'' lift on 35's?

I just got my 35'' nitto Grapplers and they're rubbing with my 2'' leveling after I was assured they wouldn't. I got the 20''/8.5'' w/ 4.5 BS wheels like I was told. The tires are rubbing the fender near the door. Well needless to say, it's lift time. I'm beside myself b/c the 4.5'' work and look well. But, for a few extra bucks I can just go ahead and get the 6''. Then the next time I buy tires I can step up to 37's. I have 4:10's so the 37's won't kill me on the interstate. Just looking for some advice and pics. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
With a 4.5 backspacing, yeah they are gonna rub. Did someone here tell you they wouldn't?

I would wonder about the 37's rubbing when you upgraded. With the backspacing of those wheels, I have no idea if they would or would not. But it is something to be wary of...I suppose if they did you could go with a 2" leveling kit or a body lift and the lift, but those are both sloppy options in my opinion.

Or you could get some wheels with a 5.5 to 6 Backspacing and probably keep the leveing kit. The closer to 6, the better.

Pics in gallery of 35's with a 4.5. And a side shot as well to show wheel overhang. I think the wheels in my pics have a 5.14 backspacing (20x8.5) or something close to that.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:00 PM
Banned

5.5" to 6" of backspacing is ideal for our trucks. No upper control arm or fender rubbing.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:54 PM

i have 35x13 tires 17X8 wheels with 4.5bs and i have a 3" spacer in front. are they only rubbing on one side (driver)? if so you just need to re-center your axle by using an adjustable track bar, off set bushings, or i drilled a new hole in frame and welded some plate to reinforce the new hole. i also had to do a little trimming on the bottom corner by the door. i used a a die grinder with a grinding stone. before i did the trimming they only rubbed if i was turning in to a drive way and hit a pretty good bump. i also took a lighter to the plastic inner fender well and rolled it back a little so it wouldn't rub on the tire. if you have any questions just ask. i had to do a little work but i dont have anymore rub. here is some of what i did. i can take some pics of my fenders where i trimmed them. i was really careful when i did the trimming it almost looks factory.

post #2 shows the track bar thing im talking about.
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=161155
Old 09-25-2007, 07:09 PM

I'll take some pics of mine.... I think it looks perfect with 6 inches and 35's specially if you want it to be functional with that back spacing. 37's and 6" will rub. Been there done that, went down to 35's looks good and I can take it offroad and not worry about hitting at full flex. Most trucks with 37's with 6 inches of lift are road queens with very little if any offroad time. UNLESS you have more back spacing. I put on a wheel with 5.5" backspacing and the 37 cleared the rear fender at full lock by 1/2 inch. This is ok for a road truck, but take it off road and you will be crunching fenders....
Old 09-25-2007, 07:32 PM

Heres a pic of my 03 with 6 inch lift and 35 inch rubber with 17x10 wheels with 4.65inch backspacing i have tire rub on the bottom valance when turning. so this winter im getting new wheels and tires.

Nick.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-25-2007, 08:00 PM

Well, my financial advisor has ok'd the 6". And I do NOT want a road queen. I appreciate the help. Sucks about the BS. Guess I got took on those rims. Oh well. Right now I'm still running my dually spacers on the front. I JUST got my new SRW bed on and painted. Those dually spacers are about 3 to 4''. I like the look of them on there. I think I'll just suck it up and spend the money on the lift. What's the point in having the look and not having the fun? She looks mean as all get out right now. Tires set out about 4'' in the front. Got some flares paint matched red to put on there. Think I'll just get the 6''.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-25-2007, 08:18 PM

I'm still in Iraq but will be home in OCT. So I want it right by then. I knew it was going to rub with the spacers on. But, I'm pretty sure it'll still rub without them on too.

Blacksunshyne, yeah I actually bought those wheels from a very respected member of this site. And was assured they wouldn't rub with the very tires I put on there. Do you have any rub with that 4.5" lift?

BSJ04, Beings that I have to buy a lift b/c of the wrong BS. I think I'll be keeping those front spacer b/c the it just looks to wicked with the tires sitting so far out. The wheels can still be brought to DFW if you decide to do that. And if so, as you can see, my rear hubs are too long for the caps that came with those wheels. So, I'd like to see what we could switch out on the rear axles.

Megaramasaur, thanks man. A pic would be nice. I gotta say, I just like the tires the way they stick out now. So wrong BS or not, I'm just going to go with it.

little03, cut my valance off. It was busted up pretty bad from mudding when the truck was still a dually... wooops.

Thanks guys. Appreciate the help.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:38 PM

Ok, had a brain fart... someone help me post some pictures..
Old 09-25-2007, 09:04 PM

photo and question

Ok, i just added my photo to the my photos. Then you clik the window on the quick reply box, that looks like the mountain and says, insert image. then just go to you photo in your gallery, open it up full size, find the bb code at the bottom of that page and paste it where it says url on the insert image page. That's how I did it....

Also, am I to understand that if I get a 6'' back space, I won't have any rubbing? If that's the case i'll just buy new wheels, b/c despite the look of them setting way out of the fenders, I like my height where it is....
Old 09-25-2007, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by I B-CUMNZ
I'm still in Iraq but will be home in OCT. So I want it right by then. I knew it was going to rub with the spacers on. But, I'm pretty sure it'll still rub without them on too.

Blacksunshyne, yeah I actually bought those wheels from a very respected member of this site. And was assured they wouldn't rub with the very tires I put on there. Do you have any rub with that 4.5" lift?

BSJ04, Beings that I have to buy a lift b/c of the wrong BS. I think I'll be keeping those front spacer b/c the it just looks to wicked with the tires sitting so far out. The wheels can still be brought to DFW if you decide to do that. And if so, as you can see, my rear hubs are too long for the caps that came with those wheels. So, I'd like to see what we could switch out on the rear axles.

Megaramasaur, thanks man. A pic would be nice. I gotta say, I just like the tires the way they stick out now. So wrong BS or not, I'm just going to go with it.

little03, cut my valance off. It was busted up pretty bad from mudding when the truck was still a dually... wooops.

Thanks guys. Appreciate the help.

so you have the new wheels on there with with the dually rear axle and front spacers still on? that would only be like 1" of back spacing with a 8.5 wheel. they would probably fix good without the front spacers. i bet they stick out pretty wide. you dont have a pics from front or one showing how far the stick out do you? i didnt know you were the guy i was taking to about the dually wheels. still wondering where you got my e-mail from? anyways like the paint and wheel choice. good luck with the lift. i decided against the dually idea and am going with a 6" lift as well when the house thing is worked out. what brand lift are you going with? i will be rolling 35's with a 6 in lift too hope it looks good.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:21 PM

Ok, i just added my photo to the my photos. Then you clik the window on the quick reply box, that looks like the mountain and says, insert image. then just go to you photo in your gallery, open it up full size, find the bb code at the bottom of that page and paste it where it says url on the insert image page. That's how I did it....

Also, am I to understand that if I get a 6'' back space, I won't have any rubbing? If that's the case i'll just buy new wheels, b/c despite the look of them setting way out of the fenders, I like my height where it is....
the wheels you have should work but you will need to take the front spacers off and get a srw rear end. even with 6" bs you will still have rubbing problems if you keep the spacers and dually rearend.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:01 AM

too technical for me url? what?
Attached Thumbnails Can I get some pics of a 6'' lift on 35's?-p7230012.jpg  
Old 09-26-2007, 01:22 AM

I'm going with a topguncustomz lift. They take a tuff country and add their coils up front which give our diesels a true 6'' up front instead of 5.5''. Carrier bearing drop kit, dual steering stabilizers and some cheap nitro shocks. I can't afford one of those crazy 5 grand kits. They are nice but too much. I'll send a pic with the spacers still on. Pop is taking the spacers off today and retrying to see if it'll work as is. If not, I'll probably keep the wheels and just go for the lift. little more money but more fun offroad.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:01 AM

I'm going with a topguncustomz lift. They take a tuff country and add their coils up front which give our diesels a true 6'' up front instead of 5.5''. Carrier bearing drop kit, dual steering stabilizers and some cheap nitro shocks. I can't afford one of those crazy 5 grand kits. They are nice but too much. I'll send a pic with the spacers still on. Pop is taking the spacers off today and retrying to see if it'll work as is. If not, I'll probably keep the wheels and just go for the lift. little more money but more fun offroad.
i am looking at one from them too. its like $790 w/o shocks and im going to do a little cutting and welding on the factory shock towers and just use my shock. i have bilstien 5100 for a 4" lift so i think i can make them work, there pretty long. i just bought the a few months ago so i plan on keeping them. i have herd shocks make a big difference in the ride.

Quick Reply: Can I get some pics of a 6'' lift on 35's?