3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Bad crash news

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 05:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad you and your sife walked away and that no one in the other vehicle was hurt. I hate coming up on (unexpectedly) slow traffic on the interstate....

Matt
Old 08-21-2004, 09:11 PM

I was hit by a big Freightliner while driving my 1992 Dodge CTD 4X4. The impact destroyed my hitch & bumper and bent the fame. There was no sheet metal damage tho. The back of the two bucket seats snapped and my wife & I found ourselves looking straight up as our truck plummeted down the highway. I actually drove the truck home (about 60 miles) but it damaged the drive shaft & universal joints so they, too, had to be replaced. I credit the massive frame and strength of the truck to saving our lives. It took about 6 weeks but the repair shop succeeded in straightening the frame. I preferred this over a frame replacement.
Old 08-22-2004, 12:42 PM

Sorry Mike, that pic almost makes me ill. Glad you weren't seriously hurt. Do your self a favor, I'm not favoring attorneys but you should probably get one. You also need to get thoroughly checked out by a doc. My wife was in a serious accident over 6 years ago and things are still cropping up. Her back and ribs were damaged right off the git go, but then 2 years lator found herniated discs in her neck, pnuemonia due to airbags, damaged knees from hitting the dash and then 4 years later cracked teeth due to the impact (110 mph, she was in pursuit- she's highway patrol) which we have paid mucho denaro for because it wasn't claimed in the accident ( we didn't know) and shes got more teeth that are in need of repair. Good luck, maybe you will be getting a new truck.
Old 08-22-2004, 03:42 PM

Count your lucky starts. We just returned from north Florida. While coming south about 15 miles north of Tampa, alluva sudden it looked like an explosion about 1/10 mile ahead. Traffic went every which way. We wound up down in the median slinging mud and came back up on the pavement sideways. It appeared that an SUV came across the median and hit a Taurus??? head on. The SUV Expedition or Excursion was on it's side and totally ingulfed in flames. A woman was laying in the roadway and a man's face was visible in the windsheild opening in the car where the windshield used to be. The front of the car was in the firewall and the A-pillar was against the B-pillar. The man's eyes were open but I serious doubt he was alive. People were gathering around the woman on the road and one person went to the car to check the man and walked away from him. I don't know if the woman was in the SUV and was lucky enough to be ejected or if she was in the car and ejected. It was ugly. My wife got sick and we had to keep going. The gore is disturbing but the thought that some people will get the dreaded call now is sad. I have no idea what caused the accident but all accidents are avoidable somehow and speed (we were doing 70 and being passed like we were doing 50) always makes the accident more severe.
I hope you get your truck fixed to new condition and hopefully the other driver will have learned a lesson before they kill someone.