Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-generation-ram-non-drivetrain-all-years-101/)
-   -   Bad crash news (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-generation-ram-non-drivetrain-all-years-101/bad-crash-news-49580/)

Beavermike 08-20-2004 11:39 PM

Bad crash news

Got hit from behind today while almost stopped. Really did some serious damage to the truck. What a bummer. :( The car that hit me is a disaster.

I tried posting a picture, but the system limit here the picture was junk. So I posted the picture in the members photo gallery.

Hounddog 08-21-2004 01:45 AM

Didn't see any wreck photo in the members gallery?

natstayl 08-21-2004 07:06 AM

Me neither.
Sorry to hear of yours and the other guys misfortune, hope no one was hurt. Property damage can be repaired.
Nat

RATTLINRAM 08-21-2004 08:09 AM

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...crash2-med.jpg
I just OK'd the gallery pics.

BUMMER,,,,,,,,, :(

Original Junior 08-21-2004 08:28 AM

Sorry, I hate A-hole drivers!

Nitro71455 08-21-2004 08:57 AM

Man That does suck....... from the looks of the hitch, I'd say there some bad frame damage under there............

:(

Beavermike 08-21-2004 09:33 AM

That's what I'm really worried about, frame damage-- I'm sure it is. You can see the cab is also torqued on the pass side and doors are out of alignment from the box pushed into the cab. No one seems to be seriously hurt, the people who hit me had air bags, otherwise it would be ugly.

Man, I dont' want a new truck with a bent frame. :(

Nitro71455 08-21-2004 09:52 AM

Around here, if a truck is not totaled and has frame damage, they have to relpace the frame..... Hopefully that's the case were your at.

wannadiesel 08-21-2004 09:59 AM

Looks like that adjustable aluminum drawbar is stronger than the hitch!

nonford 08-21-2004 10:02 AM

Looks like you got hit pretty strongly, and it was a jolt. Your right, I wish I could see the other car. Glad too hear no one got hurt. Cell phone involved???

SuperGewl 08-21-2004 10:15 AM

Sorry to hear they hurt your baby, however remember, it's only a truck(a great one at that albiet)but it can be replaced. A lost of a truck does not outway the lost of life;)
So be thankful you and the others could walk away and live to drive another day.:)

Patriot_RAM 08-21-2004 10:56 AM

That sucks... On a towing vehicle like these, I would never accept the frame being straightened. Any time you bend something and bend it back to fix it you lose a lot of strength. Make sure on the insurance claim from the other guy that you get your "loss of value" amount. They're required to pay you the difference between the value of the truck versus one that was never damaged. I got an extra $7k above repairs for loss of value a few years ago.

David

RonsRig 08-21-2004 12:31 PM

Did you make an emergency stop? These trucks stop so good I am afraid of a rear end collition every time I have to make a panic stop. It has happened to me a couple of times and the truck stops so fast I find myself looking in the rear view mirror for someone coming up on me too fast. The first time it happened it really freaked me out!

Beavermike 08-21-2004 01:22 PM

ya, I had to stop fast on the freeway, but had plenty of room. I saw the car behind me and told my wife it was going to hit us. I pulled up as far as I could to give them more room, but they were just asleep at the wheel or something.

Get a look at that solid aluminum hitch. doesn't look scratched. But blew the locking pin off.

Dave65 08-21-2004 04:25 PM

Wow glad no one was hurt,I can't believe the damage that did,I got hit on the highway in an old Ford F250 1979 and it didnt even scratch the bumper hardly but it destroyed the car and yes they was hurt but not seriously,I guess they are really making these things to crush like a beer can to keep everyone safer,it sure looks like the truck absorbed the impacked.
Sorry to see that,hope it all works out.