3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

2004.5 Order Status / Where's my truck?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 08:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool No vin number here either.

I haven't gotten a vin number either. I have been trying very hard not to bug my dealer. I must say thought I am very glad they are now a dodge dealer since Oct. 2003. My family have been buying jeeps at Don's Auto Clinic in Cadillac Michigan since 1976. They have had the best service deprtment I have ever had the misfortune to visit. They are far beond 5 stars in that area, more like 10 I would say. In 98 we ordered a Wrangler for our daughter who had just about finished college, they not only ordered it for us but held it for 10 days with out a deposit as they did our sons Cherokee in the fall of 98. They also did not ask for a deposit on this truck.
I figure my truck will arrive about March 1st Just in time to get all the goodies installed before a snowmobile trip to Minnesotas Grand Marais area. Will be towing a 22' v nose inclosed trailer. Should be able to compute some fuel mileage figures with less than 5000 on it.
Al
Old 02-09-2004, 09:36 AM

I've had mine since 1/28/04 and only have 275 miles on it. It has been nothing bue awesome. First, the truck looks great, from the paint to the fitment of the sheet metal. The interior looks great and is very comfortable. It rides smoother than any other truck I have ever been in. The auto trans works good so far. I do have some questions on when the torque converter should lock up that I'll post later. The limited slip diff. works great. That is one thing that I didn't have in my 1998 that I wanted. My impressions on the engine. The first thing I noticed was how quiet it is. I for one like it that way. Mine runs great. It starts easily and runs smooth. My 1998 used to almost choke me out of the cab when sitting at a stop light with the windows open and a breeze sending the exhaust in. Not so with this one, the exhaust is not nearly as offensive, it almost has a vinegar smell. As far as power, I really won't know how that is until I pull my boat or trailer. I am pretty sure that in a race it will beat my 98. One great advantage these newer engines have over the 12 valves is the higher rpms they will rev to. I do notice that it doesn't seem to have the seat of the pants feel that my 98 had when crusing along and just rolling on the power. My old truck had 538 lb. ft. of torque on the dyno. This truck with 600 at the crank may not have as much torque at the rear wheels. Does does anyone know about what it would be? In my opinion, this truck rocks! For those that have a 2003, I wouldn't be in a hurry to get one unless yours has lost that new interior smell. Really, they are all great in their own ways, some are just painted a different color.
Old 02-09-2004, 05:41 PM

Smile There is hope!!

Odie,

Found this today on TDR.

"talked to dealer. They said my truck is off the boat in Port Newark, NJ. It's a 300 mile trip from there to Westfield,Mass. I hope it comes in time for the trip on saturday! "

Posted by Tobaccogrower, Suffield, CONN.

I'll give DC call tomorrow, but I'll bet our trucks are on the same boat.

DavidNY03
Old 02-09-2004, 06:32 PM

When was his shipped????
Old 02-09-2004, 09:37 PM

jlasich and waxman:

my V# is 207854. I live in Southern California I wonder who will get there truck first? I'll Keep you posted.
Old 02-09-2004, 09:59 PM

I ordered mine on 12-13-03 and my dealer can't even give me a build date yet !
Whats up with that. He says they are only allocated 2 heavy duty trucks a month and that mine is allocated for this month sometime. Hurry up and wait. I guess I'm just getting a little antsy when I see guys that ordered after me getting their trucks already.
Old 02-10-2004, 01:08 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Traded my 01-2500-5sp #53 block on, 2-4-04, got 04.5 325/600- 2500-48 RE
SB-ST- with 08 miles as of, 2-9-04 have 708 miles . First tank 455miles 27.3 gal. 16.7 average. Now I would not trade back for any reason, This machine is quiet smooth riding,all the power you will need .No missing,stumbles ,only praise .
Now quit hesitating ,get behind the wheel and live.
Put foldaway goose neck, ordered line-x,& steps front to back . Walk out price
$27795.83
Old 02-10-2004, 07:47 AM

I ordered mine about the same time as you guys too. I haven't received my VIN number, or a build date though. I might have the same issue as Teddroe with my dealership's allocation. Not sure. It sure is great to have such an awesome truck to look forward to!

David
Old 02-10-2004, 08:43 AM

Cool I find some of the dealers excuses BULL CRAP.

I for one find it very hard to believe that a dealer can not get a truck that is sold because of their allotment. I worked for GM before retireing in 2001 and A car truck that was for a coustmer was built before any other ones that were just going into dealer inventory.
I my self would start bugging that dealer in Plainwell as to where the truck is and why you should wait longer than people who orderedafter you. You can use me for an example if you want. Have your sales guy call Tod Winkle at Don' Auto Clinic and find out How he is getting Al's truck before you get yours.
Check out this site for your dealers rating I think I saw they sucked.
http://dodgeram.info/survey_dealer/Dealers.htm

Good luck.

Al
Old 02-10-2004, 08:47 AM

Waiting Impatiently

Ordered 12.31.03 and early on got a VIN from my salesman. He has called regularly to keep me posted and I have checked the Dodge 800 number.

Salesman called yesterday to tell me it had been released from storage for shipment and would probably take two to three weeks to reach Benicia, California and then on to Carson City by truck.

Now I am getting anxious.

jr
Old 02-10-2004, 09:26 AM

I ordered my truck on Jan 31. I have a build date of Feb 18 and DC said approximately 20 days shipping. I'm also located in SoCal. My VIN is 208003. If anyone wants to find out the status on their truck, get the VON from the dealer and call DC @ 800-992-1997. They gave me all the info along with the VIN. I am currently in D1 status. I'll call again on the 18th to see what's up.

On a side note, I just happened to by the dealer last night and they happened to have a 325/600 auto I could test drive. Very nice! 4x2, LB, 3.73. I still lit up the rear end from a dead stop.
The salesman just laughed. He learned a lot about that truck while we were driving.

26 days and a wake up.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:39 AM

Wow I ordered on 1/10/2004 and have not heard a ship date. Just talked to the salesman last night. Initially he said it was 6-8 weeks. Maybe I can ask for the VIN.

One question are all of the trucks coming with the 600 now? If not how can I be sure I'm getting one?

Ken
Old 02-10-2004, 10:47 AM

Originally posted by Ken W
Maybe I can ask for the VIN.
You may have luck asking your dealer for the VON (Vehicle Order Number) first and then calling the 800 number to get your VIN. They can also give you the status of your order.

My understanding is that only 325/600s are available now.

jr
Old 02-10-2004, 02:33 PM

Frustrated in RI

I ordered my truck 12/10/03. Truck Built on 01/5/04.
After waiting and waiting, the truck was shipped by rail on 01/25 to Vera Cruz, waiting to be shipped by boat.I've been able to track the truck by rail up to Vera Cruz. I call DC asking for a tracking, all they say is "Well it looks like it's on it's way to Vera Cruz". "Maybe you can call back next week to see if it's been loaded on the boat". After reading other threads, where others have ordered theirs after me and are all ready driving there's , it just makes you want to scream!!!!!! DC says theres no way to tell if the truck is on the boat, heading to Port Newark, or sitting in Vera Cruz, and theres no way to track a boat. DC says " you could have to wait another 3 or 4 weeks!!!!!! I'm already in my 9th week and have no idea where my $40,000 truck is!!!!!

Thanks for listening
Odie

I'm jealous of all the guys , who have been able to track there vehicles by rail the whole way.......never let'em ship by boat

I feel better now
Old 02-10-2004, 03:12 PM

I deal with shipping via boats all the time. DC is right. you can't track a shipment on a boat. Your at the mercy of the loading dock workers, and when the boat leaves. I get shipments from overseas that take up to 30-36 weeks by water....

Quick Reply: 2004.5 Order Status / Where's my truck?!