3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

2004.5 Order Status / Where's my truck?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where is my truck???

Called DC today and the last update for my truck was on 1/20/03, when it was shipped. I got the rail car number TTGX985183. I check and I can't figure out where my truck is at. DC said they get an update once it hits its destination.
The dealer rec'd his "paper work" for my truck last week. He thought it should be in this week. The dealer is not much help since this is a fleet vehicle being dropped to his dealership.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find out where my truck is located. My VIN is 3D7KU28CX4G192963.

Thanks,

David
Old 02-03-2004, 01:19 PM

Equipment ID L/E Billed Event Road Location Date/Time Destination

TTGX985183 Load P * Westfield, TX
Old 02-03-2004, 01:31 PM

http://c01.my.uprr.com/pet/

This railroad link shows the train car destination to be Westfield, Texas.

Since all Dodge diesels are now built in Mexico, the longest part of the wait is the period it takes for them to get from the factory to the U.S.. This, coming from a Dodge dealership just outside of Dallas, Texas, a tad bit closer than where you are.
Old 02-03-2004, 02:11 PM

TexasZach,

Thanks. I called DC again. Had them talk to a supervisor and found out it is on Quality Hold . They could not tell me how long this would be or why it was on quality hold. They told me to contact my dealer and have them contact their rep.
Since the dealer really is not interested in helping since this is a fleet drop off, I guess I'll just need to wait.
Old 02-03-2004, 02:37 PM

Originally posted by DavidNY04
Had them talk to a supervisor and found out it is on Quality Hold :confused
Interesting, I have been getting the same story for almost two weeks, they called it quality audit. I am not sure that they really know.

jr
Old 02-03-2004, 03:08 PM

Mine spent almost 3 weeks in JS status which is storage, but they kept saying something about quality hold??? Mine's currently on the train, I hope to pick it up next week. Ordered 12/9, built 1/08, storage 1/09. You might try calling your dealer soetimes they can pull up better information in their computer even without calling their rep. It may be leftover exhaust clamp issues such as a lack of correct parts, or backlog in checking/fixing trucks.
Old 02-03-2004, 03:25 PM

I asked if it was due to the exhaust clamp issue and they said no. This was a normal quality inspection. They did not know what was being inspected. Full truck, just the engine, ....
I have asked my fleet contact to track it down, not sure how hard they will try. They say they should have an update by the end of the week.

Interesting they could give me a rail car number. The date of the rail car TexasZach listed above was 03/02/2004 7:30am. It does not indicate it reached the destination. I hope this does not mean it will leave mexico March 2, 2004. I was hoping the date was DD/MM/YYYY.

The fleet company has an automated order status phone service. It indicates the truck should arrive at the dealer the week of Feb 16th.

The dealer has all the paper work and thik it should be in this week.

The frustrating part is I can't get two same answers!!

This will be my 1st diesel and the waiting is killing me....
Old 02-03-2004, 03:36 PM

Try this link

http://www.etfm.com.mx/localizacion...ault.asp?lang=1

this should allow you to track the railcar until it leaves Mexico.
Old 02-03-2004, 04:29 PM

DavidNY04....Hang in there my friend, you've just about rounded third and are headed for home plate.

MedicShawn.... I'm going to have to brush up on my spanish before I can do much good on that site, HOWEVER, thanks for the information, I bookmarked it.

Hopefully, my truck will get a build date tomorrow. Though the order was submitted last week, my dealer was out of allocations for the month. All in all though, I'm glad it was delayed as it allowed me to call my salesman twice and make some changes to my order. This being the first week of a new month my order should get scheduled. (fingers crossed)
Old 02-03-2004, 05:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That Mexican tracking site is kinda cool.

I think MedicShawn's link got cut off. Here is a link in English that worked for me:
http://www.etfm.com.mx/localizacion_...ult.asp?lang=1

That date is in "military" style. My truck was just shipped a few days ago and I used my rail car number to check. Your rail car is scheduled to go out today, Feb 3rd. There is a button on one of the pages to show a map where your rail car is exactly. My Mexican geography isn't up to speed but by the looks of it, your rail car is quite a bit south of Saltillo at this point in time (5pm CT). Maybe about 200 miles near a town called Tolosa. And who knows, maybe that tracking site isn't totally accurate.

Well, I see my URL got cut off also but it still seemed to work. Anyway, here is the address which you'll have to cut/paste after "www": etfm.com.mx/localizacion_carros/default.asp?lang=1
Old 02-03-2004, 05:11 PM

Thanks Tim!
Old 02-03-2004, 06:17 PM

If that doesn't work go to the main page click on

Localización rápida de carros

and enter your number and then hit

procesar

then click on the links below
Old 02-04-2004, 11:18 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
By the looks of that map on the Mexican tracking site it looks like your rail car is between Saltillo and Laredo. That's good news!
Old 02-04-2004, 11:49 AM

All - Thanks for the help.

I have been using the website to track the train. Since the update from DC was as of 1/20/04. I am wondering if my truck is really on the rail car I am tracking? They do not have a confirmation if reached it destination (Veracruz, Mexico, then a ship to Newark, NJ, then a truck it to Albany, NY).

As of 1/20/04 by truck was status was KZ. Released from factory, invoiced. I wonder if this means the Quality Inspection was completed and released by the factory. The fleet company and the dealer said they got the invoice early last week.

I should have an update by the end of the week from the fleet company.
Old 02-04-2004, 10:13 PM

David, it's my understanding that KZ indicates "shipped" and KZX indicates "delivered." It appears your truck is making it's way closer to you, congratulations.

Quick Reply: 2004.5 Order Status / Where's my truck?!