3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

2004.5 Order Status / Where's my truck?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Texaszach, Ive been following the thread for sometime.My rail number is ttgx980474. When I go to the web site, it states that they have "NO RECORD" My truck was ordered 12/15 built on 01/08/04 shipped on the 25Th. Are there any other rail companies out there that might have my truck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-05-2004, 10:11 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Odie,

I think your truck went over to the coast and was put on a boat. I put your rail car number in the Mexican site and it shows it at the coast (instead of going north toward Texas).

You might want to call DC back and see if they know whether or not it's on a boat.
Old 02-05-2004, 10:21 AM

Handymantim,
Dc originally told me that it was going by boat to Newark. Do you know how to track a boat?DC told me that it's being shipped to Newark then to Rhode Island.

PS
Have you ever been to Newark!!!!!!Nasty place!!!!! I wouldn't ship a 6.0l powerstroke to Newark
Old 02-05-2004, 12:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nope, sorry I don't know how to track it by boat. However, the only way I can think of to start the process is to call Dodge back and ask them the name of the company that owns the boat. Once you know the company name, maybe they have a 1-800 number or even better, a web page tracking system.

That's funny about Newark!
Old 02-05-2004, 04:32 PM

odie,

I'll bet our trucks are on the same boat. DC still has no confirmation since 1/20/03 that my truck made it to Veracurz.

My truck was scheduled to go by rail to Veracruz, then by ship to Newark (been there, and you are correct, nasty place). from there it should be trucked up to Albany.
A local dealer listed two trucks in inventory through the dodge inventory search. Went to the dealer and he is still waiting for the trucks. He expects delivery "any day, and can I have your number, I'll call you.." I am guessing his trucks are on the same boat.
The fleet company assures me the truck in on its way and they expect it to be in Albany, NY on 2/17.

We will just have to wait a little longer.
Old 02-05-2004, 05:57 PM

David,

My order was placed 12/15, built on the 5th of Jan. After that nobody knew why it was sitting in holding( I like to think my truck was learning English) It was supposed to be shipped on the 19th However, it was held back a week( probably didn't pass the English Final)After a little summer school She was shipped on the 26th. My truck is now in Veracruz waiting it's immagrations papers and working on it's tan. Hopefully sitting next to yours. I'm not really concerned about my truck being in Newark, seeing that it already speaks spanish. I'll Email my phone later
Thanks

PS
DC customer service reps should subscribe to this web site . They might learn a thing or two
Old 02-05-2004, 11:26 PM

NEWARK??? You can kiss that truck goodbye.

Odie, that last post is really funny. ROTFLMAO
Old 02-07-2004, 04:30 PM

Hey David,

Any news on our Boat?

Odie
Old 02-07-2004, 04:42 PM

No news yet , but I did find two dealers in the area that list 600 in their inventory on the Dodge site.
Called both and niether had rec'd there 600's. They expect them in this week.
I am sure their trucks are on the same boat as our trucks.

My fleet contact still says it will be at the dealer by the 17th.

The dealer I will be picking up my truck from is in Albany, NY. The other two dealers are about 1 hour to an hour and a half north/northwest of this dealer, so I should get it the same time or before they get their trucks.
Old 02-08-2004, 05:30 PM

Estimated ship date is Feb. 23 and the dealer says about two weeks after that
You and I will probably get our trucks about the same time.

My estimated ship date is 2/18 - but mine has to come up here to Philadelphia. El Cajon much closer to the factory.

I'll give a full writeup after I've had mine a few days.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:42 PM

Guys I really appreciate all the input. I've owned two PSD's, both purchased new but the last one was '99. I've forgotten that diesels get stronger the first 5 to 10 thousand miles.
My truck should be in by the end of the month, assuming my dealer did get me changed to 4.10 gears at the very deadline for changing. He knows I'm out of town right now but should have phoned me Saturday (he didn't)
Frankly, I do expect a good running, strong engine despite the added pollution equipment, to answer that particular question. After all, Cummins was able to maintain and, even SLIGHTLY increase the power numbers despite the added hardware.
I do know the fit and finish of the 325/555 I test drove was awesome, as was the handling (for a 3/4 ton truck).

PapaPerk, I appreciate the updates and more importantly, am keeping my fingers crossed that the misfire is a minor problem with a quick solution by your dealer.

One other thing...I mentioned in another thread that I am in New Orleans for a few days because of a death in my family. I have come to appreciate the Forum even more, not only the fellowship and information but the welcomed diversion that it affords me.

Old 02-08-2004, 08:38 PM

Cool Here soon WAHOO!

Ordered my 2004.5 1/20/04. dea;ler called me Friday and said ship date was 2/23/04. I've a ARE mx cap ordered and pick up my Westin sportsman cps grill guard for it tomorrow. All the little parts are starting to pile up.
Getting awful antsy.
Al
Old 02-09-2004, 02:29 AM

wexman, alleyyooper, and TexasZach,
It appears all of us should be receiving our trucks real close to each other. Just for the heck of it, my last six on my VIN is 210019. What about your's? I'm getting very excited; hard to believe it's only 4 weeks away. I need to get busy trying to sell my PSD.

I haven't bought anything for it yet but do have a list going. Laramie grille, stainless bed caps, Diamond Hitch gooseneck hitch, Magnaflow muffler, and possibly a stereo. Unfortunately, I'll be moving and changing jobs this summer so I can't spend too much money on the truck before then.

wexman,
Are you going to keep your PSD programmed with the SCMT? If so, then I'll revert mine back to stock and we can compare driving impressions. I bought from a dealer 300 miles away and that will give me plenty of time to get to know my new baby.
Old 02-09-2004, 07:09 AM

Jlasich....I see you ordered a great color! Yes, I'm excited, providing my salesman managed to get my gears changed at the last minute! I shouldn't have let him talk me out of them the day before. Some sales people don't understand our need for taller tires nor our reasoning for such. (shrug) I've really missed owning a diesel. The majority of customers who I deal with in person at the shop own trucks, it's always a big subject along with tales of their hunting exploits. Being a huge auto enthusiast, my vehicle is important to me. When I was younger it was sports cars, now middle aged, it's trucks!

Reading alleyyoopers post last night had me stoked again. It will be cool to stay in touch while our trucks go through the "birthing process" and compare notes, pre and post delivery. The toughest part of the wait is always the transportation from the factory to the dealer. I don't have a VIN number yet, though the truck is locked in at D1 status with a ship date. I usually order my trucks but this is my first ordered Dodge, do I need to call a number at DaimlerChrysler to get the VIN or will my salesman have it on his print out?

I'll be back in Dallas late Wednesday night. I too have a truck to sell, my '01 'F150 SuperCrew 4x4 Lariat. I notice you are switching from a PSD Super Duty as are several here. My previous truck to the '01 150 was a 99 PSD CC F250. One thing that amazed me when I test drove the Dodge 2500 was how nimble the Dodge felt in comparison to my Super Duty.
Old 02-09-2004, 07:19 AM

Jlasich -

My VIN is 208717. Also, I have not had the SCMT on the truck for a long time. It never worked right with my code (APX1). I just never changed my sig.

We should all be taking delivery within a month.

Quick Reply: 2004.5 Order Status / Where's my truck?!