3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

2003 dodge ram 2500, headlights only work on bright, electrical problems, help :(

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 08:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Journier
how much is the cluster?
Don't know. Mine was replaced under warranty. It's not easy to get. The dealer HAS to have your truck until the part comes in. DC wants to know the mileage before they send it because they will program it with the correct mileage number. It's not something you can just walk in a get from the parts dept. DC is worried about mileage fraud. How far out of warranty are you?
Old 01-12-2006, 09:25 AM

86,000 miles.. 2nd owner..

but like i was saying before can i test my FWD control module etc?
Old 01-12-2006, 09:45 AM

i had a friend post in the TDR forum where that guy has the EXACT SAME problem as me.

he told him to come over here and told him what you guys were tellin me the dash cluster.

but my wiper is giving an error.... would the dash cluster do that also?

or maybe part of my multifunction switch is bad? because if you look on the first page the wiper has a problem error.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:26 AM

I would be leaning toward the multi-function switch, it is the 'common' to all your problems. Make sure to let us know what you find.
Old 01-12-2006, 01:16 PM

I went back and looked at the list of problems. There are some that aren't related to the multi-function switch, but that doesn't mean that it couldn't cause them. My problem started out as turnsignals not working or going opposite of the direction I wanted. I replaced the multi-function switch and things where fine for awhile. Then my headlights started flashing back and forth between them and the foglights. When I turned the headlight switch on I never knew what I was going to get. I replaced the headlight switch and that never helped. Then I started having problems with the cluster lights not working unless I pounded on the dash. Then they would work for a bit and go out. The last problem that came along was the interior lights wouldn't work with the door open, but would work when the lock/unlock button was pushed.

As for testing the control module, I don't know how that would be done.

Go buy a new multi-function switch and put it in. You can do it yourself. The steering wheel doesn't have to come out as as service manual suggests. It can be done in 5 minutes. PM me if you want some instruction.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:16 AM

I got done arguing with a dealer i brought it into for a Diagnostic.

They were trying to charge me 3x over what i was told it was going to take to find the problem (90.00)

so i argued it with them, and they said they would find the problem. for the original price agreed on.

They called me back the next day telling me it was the dash Cluster....

I have ordered a used one from a junk yard with almost the same mileage.

So after this everything SHOULD be fine.

I have to give thanks to Stoked,Dr3500, and N. Johnson for sending me the codes.

Appreciate all the help guys, and hopefully this FORUM POST, will help aalot of other guys to find there electrical problem...

once again thanks guys.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:41 PM

2004 Ram 3500

I have that problem. One shop says its my PCM (Power Control module) and one says its another sensor and my distribution box. I think they will not tell me so I pay them an exorberant price to have one of them to fix this. One wants $550 and the other wants $725. I have no break lights, No Headlights, and no left turn signals. Any help will be great