3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

'07 OEM Security

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 07:30 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
guys first of my 97 ctd did the same thing, while running tried locking the door with the other fob, locks the passenger side but I always had to lock drivers door manually.
Now my 07 is the same, It's a safety feature so us people who like to leave our diesel run don't lock the keys in the truck and for that matter even something worse, like our kids!
Old 03-06-2007, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by magram
guys first of my 97 ctd did the same thing, while running tried locking the door with the other fob, locks the passenger side but I always had to lock drivers door manually.
Now my 07 is the same, It's a safety feature so us people who like to leave our diesel run don't lock the keys in the truck and for that matter even something worse, like our kids!

Personally, I think it would be a better safety feature to be able to lock and set security on while running. Kids can lift the lock or the door handle to get out if need be.....better than someone geting in to them.

But, that JMHO.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:12 AM

OEM security

I've been following this discussion with intrest as I was thinking of adding the EVS I to my truck. Researced it a little and came up with the install manual for it with programming info. I've tried to upload it for you to look at... hope it worked I'm kinda new to all this forum stuff if not i'm sure if you'all are intrested someone will walk me through it
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
06 07evs install man.pdf (780.5 KB, 255 views)
Old 03-09-2007, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by woj64
I've been following this discussion with intrest as I was thinking of adding the EVS I to my truck. Researced it a little and came up with the install manual for it with programming info. I've tried to upload it for you to look at... hope it worked I'm kinda new to all this forum stuff if not i'm sure if you'all are intrested someone will walk me through it

That's great! Thanks for providing the information. I'll have to wait to look at it until when I have more time to really concentrate on what I'm reading.

Thanks for the link.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:54 PM

Glad to help as you folks have already provided plenty of good info to think about for me. I'll probably go ahead and use the EVS system, with all this coputerized nonsense DC seems to use now having someone messing with it installing aftermarket stuff (not to mention yet another key fob) is a little un-nerving. Maybe not the greatest but atleast it's designed to intergrate with this truck and hey it's better than nothing(maybe?). P.S. Audiovox is who answered the phone on the techline and I was told by a dealer mech. they also build the keyless entry stuff