3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

06 3500 CTD Quad Cab Prices...

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 08:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 3500 CTD Quad Cab Prices...

Hey guys got a q's here i was looking at getting a used truck but when i can get a new one for a few thousand more, I think thats what i am going to do. I was giving a rough figure at 31-32K SLT Loaded 4x4. Does that sound like a pretty good price? Thanks Tyler
Old 02-04-2006, 11:42 AM

Yeah that is probably pretty close, maybe more like 32-33 though if you are talking loaded. I just bought a 06 Mega Cab 4x4 CTD SLT with a few options premium split bench, tow mirrors "A MUST if you tow alot", some other needless crap and it was $37,150 I believe right around there. So yeah you can wheel and deal to around what you are looking for you might not be able to be very picky with the color though unless you work the options on the truck and what you want then wham hit them with the special order request. Sure its like 6 to 8 weeks but they can't jack with you on the price anymore only do the request or try to locate the truck from another dealer with the specific options you requested. They hate it when you do that watch the look on the salesmans face when you would rather special order it, he will look at you and look at you then try and sell you another truck on the lot don't fall for it get what you want from the get go and you will be happy for as long as you own that truck.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Price sounds good. A 3500 down here is at least 8k more depending on options. I have a friend in Ingleside Tx that just bought a new 2500 long box
quad cab cummins for 32k SLT two wheel drive.

I have a brother that ended up at Minot AFB in 1975 that stayed in Minot. I tried to get him to buy a Dodge with a Cummins with no luck. He went with a F350 Gasser 4x4. Its a big red truck with a blue stripe on it and a lift gate on the back. He's been complaining that its been to warm up there.

I still bug him about the Ferd when he tells me he gets 9-10mpg with it. He could have been getting 18-20. Can't figure him out.

Dave
Old 02-04-2006, 01:50 PM

CostalDAV I am from minot Nd...i am currently overseas right now OIF
Old 02-04-2006, 02:00 PM

Tyler-- Saw your home location on your post and made mention of my brother up there.

Hope your not in the Shxx over there. I retired in 94 after 30.

Dave
DavHaw@Aol.Com
Old 02-05-2006, 11:12 PM

I think I paid $39K last year when they first came out. That was about $1300 off the dealer invoice. Special ordered with everything I wanted.
Except now, just one minor detail I left out. Since this was my first quad/extra cab, I didn't give any thought to the rear slider. Now I wish I would have ordered the power rear slider. Oh well. Still quite happy with the overall buying procedure.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:26 AM

'06, 2500, 4X4, longbed, Quad Cab, CTD, G56 6spd., tow package, Big Horn Edition, tow mirrors(heat), sliding rear window,All interior options (No leather didn't want it), $32,100.00 New. Bright white clear coat. Terry.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:01 AM

Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts
For 40K Id buy a feaking FL50-60 or 70 series freightliner business class. Prices are flat stupid for pickup trucks anymore. Not that I want the economy to tank, but Id love to see the mfgs have to sell these reasonably or get stuck with them with a economic downturn.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:41 PM

$32K for 2006 3500 here...

See my signature below for the details. I paid $32K. A friend wants the same thing but in a long bed dually, and they quoted him $700 more. Very reasonable for a brand new Cummins engine with a Dodge truck wrapped around it. [grin]
Old 02-07-2006, 10:37 PM

****! Is anyone in Texas getting prices like this? If so, I need a new dealer.... With the current 0% APR incentive (I've got excellent credit, I think I'd qualify) I could afford $32k with a 10% down payment.. 2500 QC SLT 4x4's seem to be a bit higher than that around here though.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:27 PM

WACTD - was that at Dishman, or DSM?
Old 02-09-2006, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by JDN_77
... They hate it when you do that watch the look on the salesmans face when you would rather special order it, he will look at you and look at you then try and sell you another truck on the lot
Anyone know why this seems to be the case? I've special ordered my last two vehicles and I wouldn't do it any other way. I got what I wanted and didn't pay for anything I didn't want. The dealership had zero carrying cost on the vehicles since I paid them the day they arrived. If I were a dealer I'd want ALL my inventory sold the day it arrived - no? I must be missing something here...
Old 02-09-2006, 12:44 PM

If I were a dealer I'd want ALL my inventory sold the day it arrived - no?
You answered your own question. The sales guys primary job is to move inventory, not to take special orders.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by davelinde
Anyone know why this seems to be the case? I've special ordered my last two vehicles and I wouldn't do it any other way. I got what I wanted and didn't pay for anything I didn't want. The dealership had zero carrying cost on the vehicles since I paid them the day they arrived. If I were a dealer I'd want ALL my inventory sold the day it arrived - no? I must be missing something here...

Because the Sales Guy would rather make a sale right now, not 8 to 10 or more weeks from now. It just causes more headaches for them and they don't get paid any more for doing it. They could have sold 2 or 3 more to somebody else while jacking around with the ordering guy. (no offense meant...LOL)

Also, if you live in a big marketplace........you can almost always find what you want in the area somewhere. Sure it may have an option or two that you didn't care for........but most of the vehicles are "packaged" now with different groups of options that or then "discounted" together. If you order the options all separate you could be paying more and getting less.
Old 02-09-2006, 03:15 PM

JThiessen, that was from Dave Smith Motors...

I worked with Alex Martinson - sincerely the very best car salesman I have ever met in my entire life. I recommend him and that dealership to anyone and everyone who will listen.

Dishman has a great service crew (and a GREAT body/interior shop), but their sales staff is awful. They bait-and-switched me last summer on a 2500 CTD, then refused to honor the price quote their own guy had called ME to offer. I tried to resolve that through their Sales Manager because he's a childhood friend of a close friend of mine, and his basic response was "stuff it".

This winter, when I got the quote from Dave Smith on the 3500, I called Dishman and they wouldn't come within $4K of it. They had an identical truck on their lot... I live just a couple of miles away from them and would rather keep the money in the Spokane market... I told them I was going to buy a truck THAT DAY, cash in hand, smoothest sale they'd ever see. And they essentially said "See ya later". No, they won't!

800-635-8000, press zero, ask specifically for Alex Martinson (call another day if he's out), and tell him you want the same deal they gave Richard Hartman. No, I don't get any kickbacks or anything else. They already have my money and they're too far away for me to use them for maintenance, so I've got nothing to gain personally. I'm just interested in supporting the CTD market and these guys treated me right!