3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (6.7L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 6.7L ONLY!

"perform service" and "see dealer now"

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 03:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"perform service" and "see dealer now"

Day late but REALLY its never late:

THANKS TO ALL YOU VETERANS AND CURRENT MILITARY OUT THERE. I HONOR AND RESPECT EVERYTHING YOU HAVE DONE FOR ME AND THE USA.

Now my issue:

Did my deletes back in April 2016. Now this gremlin has started, while driving the warning chime rang, said "perform service" and "see dealer now" on the overhead warning display. This goes off in the sequence (chime's and display) every 20-30 minutes, I push the buttons to scroll through the warnings it resets. Then goes off again. The only change I have done after the deletes is I replaced the stock radio. No DTC's in the Mini Maxx, and truck runs fine....

1. How can I stop this?
2. Do I need to be concerned about the warnings?

Thanks for everyone's input
Old 11-12-2016, 08:23 PM
Cummins Guru

Received 64 Likes on 44 Posts
Key on engine off, step on brake pedal 2 times then skinny pedal 2 times, then turn key off. That will reset timer for Perform service. You should replace the breather filter because if it is plugged the turbo will begin pulling oil from crankcase. You do not want that to happen.
Old 11-17-2016, 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by BigIron70
Key on engine off, step on brake pedal 2 times then skinny pedal 2 times, then turn key off. That will reset timer for Perform service. You should replace the breather filter because if it is plugged the turbo will begin pulling oil from crankcase. You do not want that to happen.
Alright I replaced the breather filter and did the steps you gave me to reset the "Perform service". No change, still goes off. I Have attempted the reset multiple times no change. This started right after I did my normal service, oil and fuel filter change. I currently have 102,006 miles on the truck

Any other ideas or suggestions?
Old 11-17-2016, 11:25 AM
"California Style"

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Maybe try and reinstall the software...
Old 11-18-2016, 09:25 PM
Cummins Guru

Received 64 Likes on 44 Posts
Maybe I didn't explain it correctly for you to follow but this procedure is directly from Chrysler.

PERFORM SERVICE INDICATOR - RESET The “Perform Service” message will display on the EVIC each time you turn the ignition switch to the ON/RUN position to indicate a emission maintenance is required. To reset the “Perform Service” indicator system (after performing the scheduled maintenance) refer to the following procedure: 1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (Do not start engine). 2. Press and release the brake pedal two times. 3. Fully depress the accelerator pedal slowly two times within 10 seconds. 4. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF/LOCK position. NOTE: If the indicator message illumination when you start the vehicle, the “Perform Service” indicator did not reset. If necessary repeat this procedure.
Old 11-20-2016, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by mega-engr
Maybe try and reinstall the software...
Alright, after trying to reset using the procedure and no luck. I took my road trip for the job round trip was 500 miles no issues. The perform service went off every 20 mins or so, but did not effect the truck performance. Now its my day off, I have reinstalled the programmer and so far that has fixed the issue.

Thanks to both of you BigIron70 and mega-engr. I really do appreciate the time you took to give me some advise.

Thanks
The following users liked this post:
mega-engr (11-22-2016)
Old 11-21-2016, 08:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by k9prtnr
Alright, after trying to reset using the procedure and no luck. I took my road trip for the job round trip was 500 miles no issues. The perform service went off every 20 mins or so, but did not effect the truck performance. Now its my day off, I have reinstalled the programmer and so far that has fixed the issue.

Thanks to both of you BigIron70 and mega-engr. I really do appreciate the time you took to give me some advise.

Thanks
K9prtnr, Please let us know if it comes back in the next 500 miles (more or less) as I have the same issue. Would have responded sooner but was experiencing login issues.
If you are running the H&S MiniMax, you can go to the menu, Diagnostics, and read the engine DTC's. Even if it shows no DTC, hit "yes" to clear all DTC's. This will clear the Service Required message, at least for several hundred miles.
I have been doing this for years but have not tried reloading the software. It has also been said that some of the later sw loads took care of the issue; however, when I finally went in to download later versions, the EPA already had H&S shut down.
Other than the "Service Required - See Dealer Now" message, the truck has been running great. I am currently running version: SW- 1.02.0; TV - 6.7.34
Old 11-21-2016, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Circle B
K9prtnr, Please let us know if it comes back in the next 500 miles (more or less) as I have the same issue. Would have responded sooner but was experiencing login issues.
If you are running the H&S MiniMax, you can go to the menu, Diagnostics, and read the engine DTC's. Even if it shows no DTC, hit "yes" to clear all DTC's. This will clear the Service Required message, at least for several hundred miles.
I have been doing this for years but have not tried reloading the software. It has also been said that some of the later sw loads took care of the issue; however, when I finally went in to download later versions, the EPA already had H&S shut down.
Other than the "Service Required - See Dealer Now" message, the truck has been running great. I am currently running version: SW- 1.02.0; TV - 6.7.34
I will definitely let everyone know what happens. I will remember the diagnostics dtc next time it happens or if it happens.

My version: SW- 1.03.01 TV 6.7.50

Thanks for the info
Old 03-10-2017, 05:53 PM

i did not install the H&S on my truck, it came with the truck when i bought it. How do you reinstall the programmer? do i just unplug it from under the dash, then plug it back in???
Old 03-12-2017, 12:13 PM

P0193 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit High Input, i have had this code for more than a month no. i have a 6.7L EGR/DPF delete with a smarty tune. I've replaced the FRS that didn't fix the prob, i shimmed my release value now it has a lupe idle i believe its called.

any help would do!!