3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (6.7L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 6.7L ONLY!

Deleting the 6.7: A guide to making it run right!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 12:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey mega..when you plug in me version does it automatically shut off egr & regen?
Old 10-25-2010, 06:57 AM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by robby t
Hey mega..when you plug in me version does it automatically shut off egr & regen?
Yup, when you load up the ME software the regen cycle is bypassed by default, no input needed on the user side.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:03 AM

Thanks mega, that makes me feel a LOT better this morning. I was sure I had screwed up. (normal for me) I can't wait till the parts get here. I've been wanting to do this since I got the truck in 4/07.
Robert
Old 10-25-2010, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by CE Zero
Arourbl;
By all means get you Daughter involved. You'd be amazed at how many Kids out there can't even change a tire. I've got 3 grown Kids (2 Girls and 1 Boy) and they all know how to turn a wrench when needed. Before I let them drive they had to prove to me that they could do a basic tune-up (plugs/points) and change a tire, although the #2 Daughter won't admit it. She plays dumb and lets Fiance do everything.
Dana
Funny thing is I have all girls, 3 of them. Had to get a male dog to balance out the equation at home. The day I was doing the work, my wife took the two youngest girls (ages 8 and 9) to Lowes for the kids project day. They received some safety goggles in the bag of goodies. So, as soon as they both got home, they came into the garage to announce that they could help me now because they had eye protection...LOL

I had to turn them away because I was worried they might get hurt with all of the tools and parts that were all over the garage floor. Either that, or they'd move something and I'd never find again. At least they are interested. I'll get them involved in easier projects.

ben
Old 10-25-2010, 10:18 AM

thanks Blake...just got the smarty cant wait to use it
Old 10-26-2010, 05:36 PM

Today I got my EGR/cooler delete kit for my 7.5. so far that is all that has come in. The smarty, throttle valve delete and exhaust parts are still being shipped. My question: Can I go ahead and do the EGR/Cooler delete and be able to use the truck a little or do I need to wait on at least the Smarty before doing this. If I used the truck at all the next few days while waiting on parts it would only be a few miles.
Robert
Old 10-26-2010, 05:38 PM

I'd wait. It will throw all kinds of codes and cause all kinds of issues. Even if just ran for a little bit.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:06 PM
"California Style"

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Be patient there. We know how hard it is. Just wait and do all the stuff at the same time. If you find yourself going to bed with these items in hand then please let us know ASAP for further actions!
Old 10-26-2010, 07:30 PM

Thanks guys, I was pretty sure that would be the case. Bombing can be addictive! The rest of the stuff should be here by around Friday,I'll just hang on till then.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:26 PM

Got my Smarty in today so I installed the EGR/Cooler delete. I haven't yet pluged in the Smarty. I haven't got the exhaust delete pipes in yet but won't need the truck for a while. Am I correct in thinking that I could install the Smarty program now but NOT the ME version, then when I get the exhaust pipes and Throttel Valve I can just put the ME version in at that time?
Robert
Old 10-27-2010, 06:34 PM

Actually Rob I would advise to install the ME version now. Just unplug the TV and exhaust sensors for future prep. That way if you HAD to run it you could. Although I wouldn't advise on going far with it as you will be adding additional soot to the DPF that wont be going into regen.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:04 PM

Thanks Blake, I'll probably get that done tomorrow. I didn't think about just unplugging the exhaust sensors. If any driving at all it would just be a few miles. I have other stuff I can ride for now. The throttle valve is supposed to be hewre Friday but I dodn't get tracking info in the exhaust. Shouldn't be long though. Thanks again.
Robert
Old 10-27-2010, 08:45 PM

Great article. I am getting ready to pull the trigger on my first Dodge. This write up pretthy much convinced me to go with the 6.7.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Micah Colley
Great article. I am getting ready to pull the trigger on my first Dodge. This write up pretthy much convinced me to go with the 6.7.
Thanks!

And Welcome to the DTR!
Old 10-27-2010, 09:04 PM

Thanks. This site has some great knowledge. I just hope the truck I am looking at will pull my trailer decently before I perform the updrages & deletes. I'll be pulling a 40' Enclosed with a race car, golf cart, spare parts, tool box, etc.

Quick Reply: Deleting the 6.7: A guide to making it run right!