3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (6.7L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 6.7L ONLY!

Deleting the 6.7: A guide to making it run right!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 01:40 PM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Yup, the unplug will get you by until it arrives.
Old 10-23-2010, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good news. I dug through the trash for the exhaust box and found a tiny little plug for the bung hole near the turbo.

ben
Old 10-23-2010, 04:44 PM

unplug it ..with use of the smarty.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:05 PM

Another happy customer. Loaded SW1 into the truck and gave her a short run. Really happy with the roar of the exhaust when on it and yet how quiet it is when cruising. I love hearing the turbo more, and the exhaust brake seems to be working better.

I can spin first and second from a stand still, which is just about right for me. I will likely give SW3 a try at some point soon and will compare a full tank mpg for comparison before I decide where to leave it.

It was a bit of a pain to do a lone, especially the turbo down pipe flange connection. Had to get my 14-year-old daughter to help hold the exhaust in place while I tightened things up. Otherwise, it was fairly straight forward install. Any guy with a descent set of tools that get used regularly should be able to tackle this in about 4-5 hours. That is all it took me.

ben
Old 10-23-2010, 07:42 PM

Glad you got it all done bud!

You'll only like it more and more.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:52 PM

Arourbl;
By all means get you Daughter involved. You'd be amazed at how many Kids out there can't even change a tire. I've got 3 grown Kids (2 Girls and 1 Boy) and they all know how to turn a wrench when needed. Before I let them drive they had to prove to me that they could do a basic tune-up (plugs/points) and change a tire, although the #2 Daughter won't admit it. She plays dumb and lets Fiance do everything.
Dana
Old 10-23-2010, 10:55 PM

OOPS! Amourbl (sorry bout the spelling)
Old 10-23-2010, 11:02 PM

Did it again, but you know who I mean. Anyway, when you start it next push E/B on then set your Cruise Control and set it while at Idle it should jump up to 1100/1200 RPM. Then walk around to the exhaust and listen to you new "JET Engine".
LOL....
Dana
Old 10-23-2010, 11:29 PM

great thread!

Great thread! I learned alot about my 6.7. Can't wait to start deleting! I'll probab;y do the hidden deletes.

Thanks
Old 10-24-2010, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by CE Zero
Arourbl;
By all means get you Daughter involved. You'd be amazed at how many Kids out there can't even change a tire. I've got 3 grown Kids (2 Girls and 1 Boy) and they all know how to turn a wrench when needed. Before I let them drive they had to prove to me that they could do a basic tune-up (plugs/points) and change a tire, although the #2 Daughter won't admit it. She plays dumb and lets Fiance do everything.
Dana
I agree. My sons are only five and a month old, but my 5yo sure loves to help daddy, even if for right now is wrench handing and parts grabbing.

Originally Posted by tony440
Great thread! I learned alot about my 6.7. Can't wait to start deleting! I'll probab;y do the hidden deletes.

Thanks

Great! If you have any questions or need any help be sure to ask.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:52 PM

Blake, this is a great thread. Thanks for posting all this. I've been off the forum and have driven my truck very little for the last year and a half due to health problems. Now with this information I know how to begin "fixing" my 2007.5. I bought it when the 6.7 first came out and was really dissappointed with mpg when compared to my 2001. I do have a couple of questions for now. Would it be sufficient ,for he exhaust, to just replace the downpipe and also do the NOX and DPF delete pipe and leave the stock muffler and tailpipe? I am planning on ordering the S67ME. I will also be doing the egr and cooler and throttle valve delete.
I want to say thank you again for putting all this together for a dummy like me to learn from. When I wanted to start these mods a couple years ago I was really at a loss as to exactly what I needed and where to start. When the S67ME came out I had high hopes that this would work for me and now I know it will.
Robert
Old 10-24-2010, 04:48 PM

Rob

That is exactly how mine is setup, I have the down pipe and DPF/NOX deleted and the delete pipe runs straight into the factory muffler. Its really quiet and Im enjoying it vs my previous setup, 6" stacks unmuffled.

One extreme to the other....

Old 10-24-2010, 10:00 PM

Please tell me I didn't screw up. I just ordered all the stuff I need to do the delets and also a Smarty S67 I them realised I meant the S67 ME . IS this the SAME box but differen't software that I install?? OR do I need to try and contact the DTR store and change this. I know this sounds like a dumb question.
Robert
Old 10-24-2010, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Blake Clark
Rob

That is exactly how mine is setup, I have the down pipe and DPF/NOX deleted and the delete pipe runs straight into the factory muffler. Its really quiet and Im enjoying it vs my previous setup, 6" stacks unmuffled.

One extreme to the other....

Thanks Blake, that sounds exactly like what I want to do. I did consider stacks but.... I don't want to bug the neighbors too much. I did recently put Rush 2 inch slipons on my Harley. I have expirmented with taking the baffels out. They all just think I'm a crazy old man
Robert
Old 10-24-2010, 11:48 PM
"California Style"

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Rob Mitch
Please tell me I didn't screw up. I just ordered all the stuff I need to do the delets and also a Smarty S67 I them realised I meant the S67 ME . IS this the SAME box but differen't software that I install?? OR do I need to try and contact the DTR store and change this. I know this sounds like a dumb question.
Robert
Ya, the box is the same either way, and the S67 and S67ME software can be interchanged as needed on the hardware. I started with the S67 and then did the deletes and simply uploaded the S67ME software at the time.

Quick Reply: Deleting the 6.7: A guide to making it run right!