3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Why can't I tell a difference between tow and Crazy Larry?

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't necessarily have problems running the Bullydog and Quad boostfooler together but I lost horsepower and torque. Egt's where still high too. So It was definately a step back not forward. If you don't have gauges or don't dyno your vehicle you may think that you are enhancing your performance by running a boostfooler with the bullydog but it just doesn't work right. I would like to know if Bud Kunz is really the man, why he just can't get his program to provide boost fooling all by itself. I wasted way to much money and effort with Bullydog with some of the worst customer service ever. If you can get one on the cheap and don't want to stack it is probably a good first mod(it will still run hot even stock) but if you want to go higher HP you need to drop that Bullydog like a bad habit. I had a Superchips tuner that could kick Bullydogs butt even with crazy larry and the Superchips was only advertised as a 100hp tuner. Now Bullydog has taken away the Crazy larry program and wants everyone to migrate to the overpriced PMT. There are so many better products on the market that I would really look at other solutions.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ran Crazy Larry version 2.3.8 w/ my Quad Boost Fooler and didnt have an issue either. I might of been in the minority but they played very well together

Truck ran great....
Old 02-29-2008, 09:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The BD is my first real HP mod and I'm very happy with the way it works with the boost fooler. I've never had a problem with EGT's even with the truck loaded with all our gear, 2 boats, etc towing the 23 ft trailer up some serious hills here in BC with the TD set on 'performance', even pulling the hils in 6th. Highest EGT I got was about 1250 pre turbo.

I think when you start stacking any of this stuff you're opening yourself up to all kinds of problems.

I'm sure the other programmes are great, the Smarty is all you ever hear on here, but until you can change on the fly I'm not interested.

Bud's got some things going on keeping him away from this place, I really don't think it's fair to be bashing him or BD becuase he can't get back with your answer right away.