3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Who is running Bully Dog Power Pup??

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who is running Bully Dog Power Pup??

Just trying to find out whos running Bully Dog and if they are happy with it or if your not happy with it.It seems to be the best price for the settings you get,but need to know pros and cons!Wanting to put it on 05 dually 4x4.Also would you do tone ring mod if you ran a box or just run the box only.Thanks for all info!
Old 11-13-2005, 07:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've got one...really like it. Power is great. The only thing that I don't like is that it is a programmer. It isn't adjustable on the fly...something I would like to have. It's not that annoying...just when you want to change it.

Use with the tone ring? Well I don't know exactly what it does. But if it has anything to do with timing I wouldn't because the Power Pup works with timing and duration.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:52 PM

I have the tripple dog, adjustable on the fly and I love it. I also have the timing advanced the two work great together.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:57 PM

I was very happy with mine, no codes, decent power gains, and good price. Like njmaier said, the only PITA was toggling through the different programs. But from what I understand the new Pup is adjustable on the fly, so no more waiting on uploads...
Old 11-13-2005, 09:33 PM

I tried one and was not impressed at all. The edge juice makes more power and down lower in the power band. The differance is very noticable. Oh and by the way the juice and bddl do not stack very well. I would look in another direction if i were you.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:48 PM
Chapter President

Thumbs up TxHorseHauler

I have the Power Pup installed on my 03 running it on the "performance" mode and absolutely love it. I was running the Edge Ez for about a year and replaced it with the Power Pup and there is no comparison between the two.

HUMP
Old 11-13-2005, 10:05 PM

I had the pup on my truck and loved it. Then I stacked it w/ a RAMifier and loved it even more!!! It is smooth, dependable and takes care of business. The only reason I changed to a Juice is because of all the stuff I read that the "stock" program on the pup is probably not the stock program that your ECM originally had. You cannot go wrong w/ a pup, unless you have an issue that can be traced. I don't know if the ECM thing can be traced but I am not willing to chance it.
By the way, I have played w/ a few boxes and have sold them off as I found something I liked more, but I will hold on to my pup and RAMifier and most likely reinstall them the day my truck is out of warranty.
Scott
Old 11-14-2005, 01:48 AM

I run the powerpup. They work great especially stacked with a TST box!!
Old 11-14-2005, 04:47 AM

I got a pup and I was not very impressed with it so I got the quad race box and did the timing mod. the pup works great with the timing mod ,much better bottom end,right now Im runnin the pup on tow setting and when I want more power I just turn on the quad.Basically I like the pup for stacking but not by itself.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by TxHorseHauler
Just trying to find out whos running Bully Dog and if they are happy with it or if your not happy with it.It seems to be the best price for the settings you get,but need to know pros and cons!Wanting to put it on 05 dually 4x4.Also would you do tone ring mod if you ran a box or just run the box only.Thanks for all info!
I have had the TS ramifier,Quad race box,and the Bd power pup.I liked the quad race box for power but after the first two months of install kept throwing 2 codes P0192 and P0237 maybe it was just my truck.I liked the TS ramifier in cab adjustable(no codes ever)just wanted a change.I installed the power pup with outlook moniter about 2 months ago very happy so far no codes.coobie
Old 11-15-2005, 04:42 PM

I run a PP too. I`ve been very pleased with it, especially after doing the tone ring mod. My only compliant is the lack of adjustiblity(its a downloader, so ...) and my truck doesn`t like the Extreme setting, I can`t feed it enough fuel in Extreme. I run mine in Performance all the time and haven`t had any problems.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:24 PM

I also run the Power Pup. I am very Happy with it. I also have a triple dog that I run sometimes too. I like the adjustability of the Triple Dog, but I am not sure until I get some Dyno time which runs better. I currently have Crazy larry on both of them and I was running a Beta version of the CL on my Power Pup, It just seems a little stonger than the new CL program. I am very pleased with it. Now if I could just get the airflow to go with all the extra fuel I would be doing great. Just got to find a decent turbo for all around use.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:01 PM

I've got the Tripple dog in my 04.5 Don't like it all that much because it doesn't always download the program correctly, other that that the features are great!