3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Who makes the best gauges, quality, easy to install ect

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who makes the best gauges, quality, easy to install ect

I am going to add gauges to my old pickup. Who make the best?? Which ones are easier to install? I am always scared to do any electrical work, how difficult is it to get them to light up with the factory gauges? I am thinking that i want to do a a-pillar mount. Thanks for the help guys. Pictures are always a plus.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:16 AM

$PA....but they're pricey.......
Old 10-14-2005, 08:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My ISSPRO's have been great, I pulled the light out of one and broke it, they covered it for me under warranty!!
Old 10-17-2005, 09:15 AM
Banned

drew03,

We stock all the Auto Meter, Isspro and DiPriocl's as they are pretty much bullet proof and have a "look" for anyones preference. Accuracy is excellent and they are all well known etc. Take a look at our site as we have pics of all of them and see what looks good to you as far as appearance etc. Call us if you have any questions etc.

Mark @ DPPI
Old 10-17-2005, 09:30 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
As Cowhand said, SPA techniques are the best, but VERY expensive. As a bonus, they are two-in-one, so you get two gauges in a single hole.
www.spatechnique.com

On the other hand, in the real world, I LOVE my new Autometer NV series Pyro. It is FAR superior to Ultra-lite guage I had before. So much so that I am considering selling my boost guage to upgrade to an NV series as well! The lighting is wonderful (and bright), draws very little current (LED lighting), and install is easy.

The NV series Autometer guages use a plug-in harness with 8-pins. So just plug it into the back of the gauge and all your gauge connections are made-- no more messing with ring terminals at the back.

Also, the new Pyrometer harnesses are all one length of wire-- no separate probe end that you have to connect to the K harness. It's just a probe at one and and a clip-in plug at the other. So you just have 3 connections to make, since the probe is already connected: key-on hot, ground, and dash lighting (dimmer).

Moreover, Autometer GAVE ME (for free!) this sweet new NV series pyro as a replacement for the Ultra-lite I sent into them for repair. How's THAT for customer satisfaction??

I'm now a fan of autometer, but having installed the NV series myself, I HIGHLY recommend the NV series from Autometer. MUCH MUCH better than the ultra-lite I had previously.

JH
Old 10-17-2005, 10:38 AM

I have the Isspro's in my truck. SPA's in the racecar. Love em both.

I went with the Isspro's in the truck based upon how they match the lighting in the cab and I really like the fact that the three I installed (EGT, Trans Temp & Boost) are all 270 degree sweeps. It is a thing of beauty watching the boost gauge go from 0 to 24 lbs
Old 10-17-2005, 10:43 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
From Geno's Garage (TDR magazine) testing the two best performing gauges are from SPA and Westach.

MikeyB
Old 10-17-2005, 10:52 AM

Autometer Z-series here. No problems or complaints.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:37 PM

Check out www.dakotadigital.com You can get 3 in 1 guages, and they are SWEET! Still kinda pricey though.