3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Water Injection

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 07:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by commtrd
HMMM don't think I can see a WM system going in my truck... respecting design, if seeing EGTs and coolant temps climbing too high just back out of it and take it easy. Lots cheaper than blowing an engine. Better fuel mileage driving her easy anyway.
It looks like people are reading that I'm blaming the motor going on the WM kit. Like I said earlier, I have no idea if the WM had anything to do with the ring breaking. I drove 800 miles with a 8k load. Only 25 miles did I have the water/ meth kit on. The truck had over 220 HP in fuel only mods that have been installed for the last 160k miles (many of those towing), and maybe 45 hp worth of WM injection that is turned on every once and a while to play with. I didn't notice any issues with power, and didn't know the ring was bad until two days after my run when the breather tube started showing blow by with a little oil. Popped the oil fill cap, and you could feel little puffs of air. I think the truck was ran too high HP too long, and it shortened the life of the motor, showing first with the ring.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:15 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by CLICKBANGBANG
It looks like people are reading that I'm blaming the motor going on the WM kit. Like I said earlier, I have no idea if the WM had anything to do with the ring breaking. I drove 800 miles with a 8k load. Only 25 miles did I have the water/ meth kit on. The truck had over 220 HP in fuel only mods that have been installed for the last 160k miles (many of those towing), and maybe 45 hp worth of WM injection that is turned on every once and a while to play with. I didn't notice any issues with power, and didn't know the ring was bad until two days after my run when the breather tube started showing blow by with a little oil. Popped the oil fill cap, and you could feel little puffs of air. I think the truck was ran too high HP too long, and it shortened the life of the motor, showing first with the ring.
------------
CLICKBANG:

I am certainly not blaming the WM for the failure of your engine and if that is what came across in my last post,.....my apologies Sir!

I have been running water injection on my 1996 for a LONG TIME!! I was probably running it before alot of other diesel owners even considered it.
That is why I have tried to contribute to this thread because there is SO MUCH "misinformation" on the subject.

No offense to anybody here, but I don't like "backing out of my throttle" when I am drag racing or happen to run somebody on the streets!
And my truck has enough fuel that it will get hot, and it will get hot FAST!
Without the water injection, I would be in trouble. BUT,....with it on and me having one of Scheid Diesels Water Injection Systems, my EGT's will stay at a very cool 1350-1400 degrees with over 800 H.P. going to the ground!
I have to have five (5) nozzles to keep that temperature and my pump pressure is about 700-750 PSI.

I like water injection and feel it has saved my engines for many years.

-----------
John_P
Old 08-24-2014, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boy am I glad to see this thread still going! John how have you been sir?
Old 11-13-2017, 03:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
John P--RIGHT ON
All I can Say is thank you.
Went with the AEM el cheepo kit($550) from XPD and I really like. What a diff on water only when towing.
I wish I had gone that rout years ago.
THANKS AGAIN JOHN
Old 11-13-2017, 07:02 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by sojoe
John P--RIGHT ON
All I can Say is thank you.
Went with the AEM el cheepo kit($550) from XPD and I really like. What a diff on water only when towing.
I wish I had gone that rout years ago.
THANKS AGAIN JOHN
----------------------------
sojoe:

Thank you for your kind words Sir! I appreciate it very much.

I am very glad the system you installed has worked well for you. As I said in the many posts in this thread, water injection works very well on our trucks and without it on mine my engine would be fried.

Thanks again Sir.