Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Water Injection?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2002, 11:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Water Injection?

HeY I did this with a blown 383 chevy I had and was wondering if you can maybe do this with a cummins to lower egts or something? Would it have any affect at all, I'm in the dark still on diesels!
Old 12-06-2002, 10:15 AM

Re:Water Injection?

The answer in yes. you can put this on your truck. amost bigtime pulling tractors have water injection. unless you are planning on going outragous with the HP i don't think you want to waste your money on this. don't get me wrong it would be nice to have just to say, hey do you have water injection? NO well I do <br>Aaron
Old 12-06-2002, 05:29 PM

lol i was planning on big power further on down the line after i get my lockers and lift on it
Old 12-06-2002, 07:28 PM

sounds like you have deep pockets. mine are kinda well lets just say not deep at all.
Old 12-06-2002, 10:42 PM

lol from your profile it looks like you are not stingy, looks like some good dyno numbers on the first truck
Old 12-06-2002, 10:52 PM

Yes it works and yes I'm looking into it hard, but Piers needs my pump first! It's all about air temp.<br><br>Jim
Old 12-07-2002, 12:18 AM

to get those numbers it only took $600.00. $400.00 for the injectors and $200.00 for the cam plate. I installed everything myself. The clutch was a mistake. I will be saveing for two years to get my $1,700.00 pulling clutch. I need to win the lottery.
Aaron
Old 12-07-2002, 12:15 PM

Dodgeman,<br><br> I see you modified the plate but what plate did you start with and who was it made by? Also, how do you like the injectors? I am planning similar mods to mine but I am not sure about whether to run 300's or 370's. I hear 370's are a bit much for a daily driver. While I have your ear, I occasionally pull and when I do I pull pretty light (under 4000 lbs 90% of the time). Is there any hope for a stock clutch with only 30k on it behind a 330-350hp set up? I am going to go to a South Bend when it is time to replace but I need a little time to get that kind of cash together.<br><br>Thanks.<br><br>John<br><br>
Old 12-07-2002, 01:21 PM

well not your clutch will not hold 350 hp. Mine started slipping at 290hp. I think you would be alright with the 370's. I have the 300 marine inj and I will be getting rid of the for a set of 370's I want more power I started out with a # 10 plate. I don't know who made it because it was sold to me buy a guy from Indaina and I never asked him who made it. I just ground here and there over time. I still mess with it every once and a while. I'am waiteing for a pulling clutch and a 6spd tranny before I go any farther.<br>Hope all that helped some.<br>Aaron
Old 12-07-2002, 02:25 PM

I was reading an article in 4 wheel mag. They said that by running propane or nos. you could lower egt,s. Is this true. Or do those guys have someone like me writing articles for them.
Old 12-07-2002, 06:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only time propane lowers egts is at cruise. It burns cooler than diesel. At WOT dumping propane make egts go up, if anything. The way to look at it is that you're adding more fuel with propane, and when you add more fuel, the egts go up.
Old 12-07-2002, 06:51 PM

Thanks for the info dodgeman. I'll take that into consideration. Maybe you can answer one more question for me. At what power level does the stock 5speed trans become a &quot;weak link&quot;?<br><br>John<br><br>
Old 12-08-2002, 12:44 AM

Hey Jim, so from what you have read would it keep egts low if you dumped enough water in? I want big power out of this truck when I get it and it will be a daily drive so I was going to get one of those things that you can play with the pump in the cab and leave it all the way down, some cable diaphram thing. I am going to start with guages-pyro and boost, then a scotty 2 intake and a exhaust system-dont know which. Then I am going to go with a tst power kit. At that point I will probably put a clutch in. Then Probably a 4k spring kit and some injectors and maybe propane. Then go on up to the turbo housing and exhaust brake. Any idea how much the above mods would give me? I still cant figure out which exhaust I want. I want loud and throaty, not quiet and squeak except that whine of the turbo, gotta have that too.
Old 12-08-2002, 01:58 AM

Thanks for the info dodgeman. I'll take that into consideration. Maybe you can answer one more question for me. At what power level does the stock 5speed trans become a &quot;weak link&quot;?<br><br>John
<br>I have myself ascked this question. I have had no answers to this. I will have to find out for myself. One thing forsure I would upgrade my imputshaft if I/when I go over 450hp.<br>Aaron
Old 12-08-2002, 08:24 AM
Banned

Mack-if that's all you're doing,you don't need water. Just put a bigger charger on it. Water inj isn't that complicated if you understand it. It's not that much money if you build your own. I have about $350 in my set-up. It has seven water jets.

Quick Reply: Water Injection?