3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Triple Dog idle feature

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 01:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Triple Dog idle feature

On my downloader options page it offers the idle adjustment but I can't get it to work. Anyone know if an 03 is supposed to have this option or is it just available for newer trucks?
Old 04-01-2008, 07:36 PM

Nobody? Anybody?
Old 04-01-2008, 08:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
are you talking about the pto option or high idle?? High idle onmys works when it is COLD outside
Old 04-01-2008, 08:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That feature (high idle using the cruise buttons) has not worked on my 03 since the feature was offered.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by AK RAM
That feature (high idle using the cruise buttons) has not worked on my 03 since the feature was offered.

Same here my BDTD will not do it..the dealer maybe able to do it..but then mine does anyway if it cold enough outside.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:00 PM

Yeah the high idle option did not work for my 06 either just the PTO option
Old 04-01-2008, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by RunninLean
Yeah the high idle option did not work for my 06 either just the PTO option
What exactly is the PTO option? I have a slight rattle that Seems to come from under the hood but I can't find it. If I raise my idle only 50 rpms it stops. It just does it when the a/c compressor kicks on. How else could I turn up the idle.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by CLeger67
What exactly is the PTO option? I have a slight rattle that Seems to come from under the hood but I can't find it. If I raise my idle only 50 rpms it stops. It just does it when the a/c compressor kicks on. How else could I turn up the idle.
I doubt this is what you are experiencing but if you don't hear a pronounced rattle in the engine compartment (just the cab) it may be. I had a slight rattle sound at idle too. Drove me nuts for a couple months. If I raised the RPM's at all it went away. Come to find out, a zip tie had broke and a bunch of factory wires (in a wire loom running across the engine compartment) were laying on the very back of the valve cover ever so slightly. Once I got them tied back up the noise was gone. I cut the tie to confirm what I was hearing and the noise was back. It sounded just like a rattle from the engine, but the noise was actually coming from the front speakers and I couldn't tell it. Call me crazy..... I know.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by 06CTDforAU
I doubt this is what you are experiencing but if you don't hear a pronounced rattle in the engine compartment (just the cab) it may be. I had a slight rattle sound at idle too. Drove me nuts for a couple months. If I raised the RPM's at all it went away. Come to find out, a zip tie had broke and a bunch of factory wires (in a wire loom running across the engine compartment) were laying on the very back of the valve cover ever so slightly. Once I got them tied back up the noise was gone. I cut the tie to confirm what I was hearing and the noise was back. It sounded just like a rattle from the engine, but the noise was actually coming from the front speakers and I couldn't tell it. Call me crazy..... I know.
I will check it out first thing in the morning. I thought I fixed it already, one of my rubber exhaust hangers was worn and I zip tied it. It went from one rattle to another .