3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Superchips

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 08:34 PM

Location: Well I thought I lived in America, but its looking more like france every day.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by francis
so they have setting on there u can chose from for smoke?
It wont say "smoke" but the different setting on the revo some will tend to give more smoke and the others will be less.

Here is as very good write up on the revo programing and its what I use to tune how I want.

This is copy and paste from a post by a member here who has done testing with the JR revo program and he has good knowlwdge of it his username is
ah64id i program revo using his info, here it is:

"Okay.. thought I would chime in hear... I have been running the Jr Revo since mid September. Here is what each setting does, based on my experiance, emails from Marco, and Dyno sheets... I run SW#1, but the TM and TQ settings wont care what SW# you are on..

Timing... The more advanced the timing the more hp, more smoke, more mpgs (if you can get to a cruise w/out too much smoke), and lowest EGT... the least timing, stock, is the opposite... least hp, least smoke, least mpgs (in theory) and highest EGTs.

So the order of most to least timing is

4,2,3,1 (0 and 2 are the same)
Some background on the timing
4= the original software. Produces the most timing and the most smoke, which is what started the whole beta run earlier this year. (SW#1, about a 55 hp best gain, about 90 ft lbs more)
3= beta 3 software timing, for those of you that ran beta 3. Smoke is virtually non existent. EGTs are warmer, but manageable. (SW#1 about a 15hp best gain, about 25 ft lbs more)
2= beta 4, std low smoke software, Smoke is more than 3, but still very manageable, and not an issue. Best combo for smoke/EGT's. (SW#1 about a 40hp best gain and 70 ft/lb gain)
1= stock.. nuff said..

Torque Management. As this is the Jr and meant for stock trucks there are 3 settings, mild, milder, mildest..

2 = mild
3 = milder
4 = mildest....

Over the course of the last 6 weeks I have played will all the settings on SW#1. Personally I have come up with some different options for what I will run based on what I am doing. All of this will be subject to how the mpgs/EGT's work out.

Winter TM3, TQ4
Summer TM3, TQ2
Towing TM2, TQ3
Interstate TM4, TQ3

I cannot report what TM3 has done to mpgs as I have been all over the place with hunting and such since I put it in. I will say that the reduced tq management has been GREAT on the dirt roads and snow/ice. I can really tell a difference.

So in a nut shell if you are looking for the most power, best EGT's, etc the you want to run as much timing as possible.. until you get too much smoke and the wasted fuel offsets the mpg gain."
Old 01-03-2009, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thank you that helped me out alot on the break down of everything and how it works

james