Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

EZ vs superchips (superchips wins)

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EZ vs superchips (superchips wins)

I had a superchips programmer that I sold after hearing from many people including this site that I would see better performance with an EZ. So I bought an EZ off ebay at a pretty good deal. I'm not impressed, the superchips on its lowest setting was more noticible than the EZ on its highest setting. I did notice a slight change from stock and it smokes black now, but has no where near the throttle response or improvement feel that superchips had even on level 1. From what everybody had told me I was hoping for more improvement from the EZ than I'm getting. I must have a defective unit or something.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:01 PM

I have never used super chips or EZ, but I have seen people say that you dont get as much from a box in a HO truck as you do in a SO truck.

Maybe programers work better than boxes in HO trucks?
Old 03-22-2007, 12:19 PM

I have had both. I prefer the EZ. What you are likely feeling is the reprogrammed throttle the Superchips does that the EZ does not. With the Superchips (SCT for short, cuz I'm lazy), half throttle feels like full throttle should feel. It "feels" like it adds more power due to the remapped throttle, but I bet what it actually produces at the rear wheels is less than the EZ. My SCT also made my truck throw codes (P0216) when towing in hot weather. Got rid of it, no more codes, same VP for about a year since. The SCT also added more timing IMO, and made the truck really "rattly", more than normal.

Give the EZ time, and get the feel of driving it at 3/4 throttle and up. With the SCT, 1/2 throttle and full throttle were no different.

I emailed SC and asked for a dyno plot to be emailed to me. You know what I got? Nothing. No response. Dyno plots for Edge EZs are all over the net.