3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Smarty Revo?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smarty Revo?

Quick question that i'm sure has been answered many times guys. I haven't been on the forums much for a long time. I have the smarty with a older software update.
Should I upgrade to this new REVO software?
I don't drive the truck hard, tow a little and simply bought the smarty for nicer driving manners out of the truck.
I see that REVO is adjustable. I won't bother adjusting any settings but should I then even bother with this new software?
Thanks for any responses.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:48 PM
EDR

You didn't mention what Smarty you have (Sr. or Jr.) and what setting you run it on.

I upgraded my Jr. to include the POD option, which is included with the Jr.

The REVO program includes the same basic SW settings as before with minor improvements. Some guys say the Jr. settings were changed and resulted in an increase in the smoke, but I haven't noticed that much more smoke.

The torque and timing settings are not that hard to figure out, and they allow you to customize the basic SW setting to your liking.

Just be aware that if you do upgrade you can't go back.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:53 PM

I have the Sr. I actually have been running it on sw#5 with the aftermarket injector software. My truck always got timing rattle if I didn't use the aftermarket injector software. This is the only thing that I have not liked about my smarty.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:38 PM

Do you have any complaints with the amount of smoke you get now? A lot of people see less smoke with the newer software I think.

Personally I would upgrade it.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:52 PM
EDR

If you went to the REVO software you would have the ability to adjust the injection timing settings (0-4), but according to the Mads website, the #3 (aftermarket injectors) setting provides less advance then the stock injector setting (#2), and sounds like the setting you're currently running.

The Mads website doesn't mention what benefits, or the amount of advance, settings #0 (Default) and #1 (Stock) provide. So, if timing rattle is an issue, the REVO may not provide any additional benefit over the stock programming.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. Hopefully someone else will comment with experience and/or more specifics regarding the REVO timing settings.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:40 PM

I just upgraded to the Revo and played with a few combinations but went back to the standard Catcher 5. Just less confusion right now. Some day I'll take the time to play with the different combinations but now this does what I want. I still would upgrade just for the future should you decide to play with it and customize it down the road.