Smarty Jr setting? - Page 9 - Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Smarty Jr setting?

Old 08-07-2013, 09:05 AM   #121  

Thanks AH64ID...I drove to work this morning on SW1 default and didnt see much difference in performance as far as torque...Overhead MPG went from 16.2 to 20.1 but Im gonna run a tank through and put it on paper for some real numbers..Before the Smartyjr I was getting 13 MPG on paper ...I am not currently monotoring EGT's but I know I need to..Im thinking about going with the Insight CTS cause it works with the POD on the smarty...Thanks again for the input!
Txwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 08:33 PM   #122  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH64ID View Post
You should see a little more power in the higher settings with an auto becuase it won't have to downshift or unlock the tq converter as often.

With a stock auto on 35's I would set it at SW2 TM2 TQ3 and see how it does. It may take a few tanks to take the grin factor off your face and let your right foot relax.

Start saving for a trans, or at least a VB and TQ converter.
AH64ID you seem to really know what you're talking about. I know you've told a million people but wondering what settings I should run on my smarty Jr. I got an 04 with 35" tires,4" exhaust, just had transmission rebuilt with several upgrades, didn't do torque converter though. don't have a super heavy foot, do lots of towing and looking for good fuel economy. what would be a good all around setting?
gypsyman77 is offline   Reply With Quote