3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

save $6.00

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb save $6.00

Flat 4 trailer plug behind factory 7 Pin.

Installing rear backup/ load lights noticed there is a flat four plug already wired to factory harness.

To bad I already bought a converter. Might save someone else $6.00
Old 01-23-2004, 06:19 PM

Yeah I found mine under globs of electrical tape when I was installing my reverse lights too.
Old 01-23-2004, 09:08 PM

Re: save $6.00

Originally posted by guzzirider
Might save someone else $6.00
Thanks, but you're about 13 months too late!!!
Old 01-23-2004, 10:29 PM

Whats up with your dealers??? When I bought my CTD it was liking taking a safe boating class!! The sales rep spent about 30 minutes going through the gadgets in my new truck, including pointing out the 4 pin under the bumper. I mean geez, when you spend 35k on a vehicle thats the least they should do.
Old 01-23-2004, 10:48 PM

My dealer was actually pretty thorough with pointing out the gadgets. They even showed me the brake controller wiring harness and where it plugs in. As for the 4 pin connector, I probably wouldn't have noticed it either unless I was looking at the wiring. My 4 pin connector was wrapped up with electrical tape and tucked up under the bumper.
Old 01-23-2004, 11:38 PM

My salesperson was some kid. I don't think he ever sold a CTD prior. A hand shake and out the door. Did get the Break controller Pkg. That's waht happens when you drive to Denver to save $5K
Old 01-24-2004, 06:32 AM

Originally posted by ten8fiftyone
Whats up with your dealers??? When I bought my CTD it was liking taking a safe boating class!! The sales rep spent about 30 minutes going through the gadgets in my new truck, including pointing out the 4 pin under the bumper. I mean geez, when you spend 35k on a vehicle thats the least they should do.
I already got my safe boating ticket punched. Yeah, we hit pretty much everything else, but we didn't get under the rear bumper. Maybe cuz I didn't broach the magical $35k number?
Old 01-24-2004, 10:51 PM

Originally posted by bulabula
I already got my safe boating ticket punched. Yeah, we hit pretty much everything else, but we didn't get under the rear bumper. Maybe cuz I didn't broach the magical $35k number?

That ain't right!...You layed down a healthy chunk of change when you bought your rig. My dealer really hit the service hard so I would give him high marks on the customer survey. They want that 5 star rating. Gets them perks from Dodge and good inventory. I've gotten 2 follow-up calls from the salesman since I bought the truck last month,
Old 01-26-2004, 06:45 PM

I might spend the $6 anyway, I hate prying stuff apart for the few times I might tow some 4pinned thingamajig (rare for me).

I was also a little surprised at the lack of dealer orientation... then again it was 9 degrees out at the time. I asked the salesguy if the little heater icon meant ready to start or not... by the time he saw which one I meant it, went off, so I told him it must go off when ready. He said, oh - that's interesting. Then I asked him about shifting into 4 wheel drive. He said "push that lever" it wouldn't move so I said "why not?" He told me not to worry about it and tried to explain the CD player to me... I started to read the tag on the lever that told me that if it wouldn't shift I just needed to roll the truck forward a little. By then the sales guy had begun to explain the trip computer. I asked him how it made the calculation of distance to empty and he said that he wished me luck with the new truck and hoped to see me for the first oil change. I spent another 20 minutes going over the truck by myself, but a lot of the checks I'd planned on doing were skipped 'cause it was just to darn cold.

What else were you all told? I skimmed the owners manual the other day, but I'm still learning things about the truck. (Which... ignorant salesdude or not I LOVE!)
Old 01-26-2004, 08:12 PM

theres no prying, save your 6 bucks....take a look underneeth......you`ll see
Old 01-26-2004, 11:03 PM

I guess I got lucky with my dealership/salesman. It was cold here too when I picked up mine, but we did the orientation in the heated service bay drive thru. Then I got a tour of the dealership, introduced to the service guys and parts department. Informed that since I bought the truck there I get a discount on all parts and mods(which I have eagerly taken advantage of so far!). Gave me a certificate for a free oil change and a certificate for a Dodge baseball cap of my choice. They even showed me how our floormats are reversable! Top notch service all the way
Old 01-28-2004, 05:04 PM

Originally posted by guzzirider That's waht happens when you drive to Denver to save $5K
Hey guzzirider- who'd you deal with in Denver?

These guys in the Springs are jokers!
Old 01-28-2004, 07:36 PM

Broadway dodge in littleton

Christopher dodge gave me same price but futher up the road

Truck is great, F & I and Chrysler credit suck, salesman was some kid
Old 01-29-2004, 07:02 AM

This 4-pos plug doesn't have the reverse (wh/gr)lead in it though???
Old 01-31-2004, 05:41 PM

"theres no prying, save your 6 bucks....take a look underneeth"

Finally got the new beast into a place big enough to work (and heat)...
yep there it was! THANKS!

Now if I can only figure out where to put the dang brake lead on my 7 to 5 converter I can pull the 5ver, the utility trailer and the boat (only two are actually mine but being able to two stuff is a great barter tool)