3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New To The Forum

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New To The Forum

Im new the to the forum with a few questions.I have been looking at a few chips for my new 07 dodge ctd.i thought about putting the diablosprt on it,or the quadzilla racing chip.im thinking about stacking it later but not to extreame as the tst.I want to be able to have a safty setting for egt and get a montier so i can see all my temps also tranny.what would be my best bang for the buck and the safest chip.
Old 12-25-2006, 05:23 PM
wap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dont know if any ONE person could answer that question, no chip/box/downloader is 100% safe. Just dont get in a hurry and read on this sight as much as you can stand and it will help you make up your mind.

First you need to know the diff in a downloader and a fueling box.

I think the dialbo and quad are both a lot of power/product for the money. the only thing is the diablo is not adjustable on the fly but I THINK it will put more power out than the quad.
Old 12-25-2006, 06:34 PM

on the Diablo sport might want to think that one again only reason I say that is because they use overseas files for back ups (stock file) so if you ever want to go to a Smarty you may have a problem with it down loading. I would say get the TST keep the settings low and your about as safe as they can get. you will have high boost defuel high egt defuel also and plus TST stacks nice with Smarty and a pressure box. I would get the r49 with std. program adj. timming, turbo cool down. I would give it some time on there pressure part I think they have some bugs to work out Welcome to the board
Old 12-25-2006, 06:44 PM

Welcome to the forum! You're gonna love your rig, no doubt!
Old 12-25-2006, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by wap
I dont know if any ONE person could answer that question, no chip/box/downloader is 100% safe. Just dont get in a hurry and read on this sight as much as you can stand and it will help you make up your mind.

First you need to know the diff in a downloader and a fueling box.

I think the dialbo and quad are both a lot of power/product for the money. the only thing is the diablo is not adjustable on the fly but I THINK it will put more power out than the quad.
THANKS EVERYBODY.YA I DO LIKE THE POWER YOU CAN MAKE WITH DIABLO ,BUT ALSO I LIKE THE SHIFT ONE THE FLY WITH THE QUAD.AND YOU CAN GET THE POWER COMMANDER AND I THINK YOU CAN SET IT TO DEFUEL AND ALL THE SAFE SETTINGS YA KNOW.

I ALSO THOUGHT ABOUT THE EDGE.BUT THERE ALOT MORE $$$$ THEN THE OTHERS,I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF ITS THAT MUCH BETTER FOR THE $$$.IS IT WORTH IT,WHEN YOU CAN GET THE QUAD RACING BOX FOR ABOUT $200 CHEAPER.
Old 12-25-2006, 09:57 PM

I ALSO THOUGHT ABOUT THE EDGE.BUT THERE ALOT MORE $$$$ THEN THE OTHERS,I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF ITS THAT MUCH BETTER FOR THE $$$.IS IT WORTH IT,WHEN YOU CAN GET THE QUAD RACING BOX FOR ABOUT $200 CHEAPER.
No there probly isn't much of a difference. But bullydog and edge are probly the two biggest players in this market and when you buy from them you know you are going to get a quality product from a reputable company. But like I said there probly isn't much of a difference and this forum is a good place to hear from users of these other products and hear their opinions on them...Welcome to the site
Old 12-25-2006, 10:30 PM

I tried bully dog trippledog, quad 30-60-100hp chip and edge juice with attitude.The one I liked the most was the edge because I liked all the stuff it monitors and the adjustability. The bully dog was the one I disliked the most. I don't like down loading anything over the top of the ecm. The only thing I didn't like about the quad was it made my injectors rattle more. They even made noise when it was on the stock setting. Don't live by what I am saying. It is my take on the three that I have used. good luck in your findings.
Old 12-26-2006, 10:57 AM

hey thanks that is what im looking for personal exp.ya know.im kinda waiting till the old truck gets over 10k on her till i really put some heat to her.

could i stack the edge with the superchip or diablo sport,for a little extra power or would it be to much rail pressure.

thanks guys for all the great info.