3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Nerf Step Bars

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 01:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Nerf Step Bars

Any one installed their own steps? Am looking at Laverns wheel to wheel or Well More wheel to wheel. ???? Any others I should look for? I like the wheel to wheel ones, better access to the bed with the third step.

Dealer say's next week.
Old 12-17-2005, 01:44 PM

I installed a set on my Dakota myself. It's not hard at all. I don't remember what the name was of the ones I had tough. The only thing you might need is for the other half to hold one end up in order to line up the holes.
Old 12-17-2005, 02:37 PM
wap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am extremely pleased with my westins, pretty easy to install. However the instructions where a joke, they might as well just said "here is the step, now put it on". the instructions where crap but the steps are awsome
Old 12-18-2005, 12:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by shep1
Any one installed their own steps? Am looking at Laverns wheel to wheel or Well More wheel to wheel. ???? Any others I should look for? I like the wheel to wheel ones, better access to the bed with the third step.

Dealer say's next week.

Shep, you might take a look at "TECH TUBES". I had some on my truck (pics in my gallery). They were not hard to install at all.

A few weeks ago I went ahead and took them off and put on the Ranch Hand side steps and sold the Tech Tubes. I just decided I wanted a different "look", but there is nothing wrong with the TTubes. Good quality and made out of stainless steel.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:06 AM

I bought my nerf bars off e-bay. Took about 20 minutes to install. No drilling, just replaced body mounting bolts with the supplied longer ones that went through the nerf bar mounts.
Find some you like an look on e-bay. I bought mine for $178 including freight. Local dealer wanted $299 + sales tax.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:11 AM

I also went with ebay with a similiar price. So far I am very pleased and they have been on a year.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:34 AM

I bought Nasta's from EBay. Same deal - awesome price compared to local sources.. Just a matter of pulling cab mounts, and adding supports to holes in the rockers. 20 min for the first one, 5 min for the second one....
Old 12-18-2005, 06:31 PM

shep1...do you have a dually? wheel to wheel bars look great on duallies if they have the kick out at the rear...but i think they are a bit too much for single wheel trucks...just looks funny...my $.02.

i went with the chrome wheel to wheel from ICI (innovative creations inc???) they were $410...about $200 cheaper than any other i could find...love em.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:31 PM

I have the Stainless Steel Luverne nerfs installed by Dealer (NorthGlen). Had them on for over a year. So far they are holding up great. Mine are not wheel-to-wheel....however when I have to get something from the center of my tool box I wish I had the wheel-to-wheel length so I could just step up there to grab something rather then climbing up in the bed. Mine are the quad cab length and mount very securely. I did not install them but they look like they would be very easy to install.
Old 12-18-2005, 11:13 PM

Maby not to hard to install.
Now I,ve seen an add for Nasta nerf steps and it says it's the only mfg. that uses all stsinless steel mounting brackets and hardware.
This seems like the way to go. Stainless all the way.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:25 PM

Ebay

Hey guys,

I too bought mine off of ebay and am very pleased with them. I actually called the company back to tell them they were not stainless because when I was doing my install I wanted to use a level to ensure they were straight. the mag of the level did not stick... I called the company and they informed me that the bars were made out of marine grade stainless and they had a very low iron (i think it was iron) count which made them not magnetic. Anyway, I am very pleased with them and the price. The link is below... Like the others said, "20 min on one side, 5 on the other..." happy shoppin' and happier drivin'

http://stores.ebay.com/truckparts411/Dodge.html

Jake