3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

fuel pressure guage

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 12:03 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
fuel pressure guage

Ok, I recently installed a fass titanium and have been looking at installing a fuel pressure guage in the cab. I know I can come off the fass pump, but I have read that when installing a guage on my truck, that you should install a snubber to prevent high pressure spikes.? I am assuming the snubber would be mounted at the cp3 , which leads me to believe that is where I should come of of with the guage line? Anyone have any suggestions or advice? Thanks.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should only need a snubbed w/ a rail pressure gauge. I got the additional pressure sensor for my CTS, mounted it to the lift pump at the provided port, added 5' to the harness for a clean routing. Works perfectly.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by mykaos
Should only need a snubbed w/ a rail pressure gauge. I got the additional pressure sensor for my CTS, mounted it to the lift pump at the provided port, added 5' to the harness for a clean routing. Works perfectly.
Interesting,My cts2 will read fuel rail pressure but I did not see a option for lp pressure ( I may have overlooked it ). Did you get your sensor from edge?
Old 08-03-2015, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You'll need to get the "expandable cable" kit. That will allow you to add extra sensors. That particular part has to be purchased from EDGE. Then the additional sensors / harness kits can be either purchased from EDGE (as I did, just easier for me) or you can build your own. Once that is built / installed, you will need to program your display through your laptop using the software enclosed w/ your CTS. I'm probably making it sound more complicated than it really is.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by mykaos
You'll need to get the "expandable cable" kit. That will allow you to add extra sensors. That particular part has to be purchased from EDGE. Then the additional sensors / harness kits can be either purchased from EDGE (as I did, just easier for me) or you can build your own. Once that is built / installed, you will need to program your display through your laptop using the software enclosed w/ your CTS. I'm probably making it sound more complicated than it really is.
Cool, thank you for your help, looks like I will be giving edge a call.