3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Fuel Pressure or Rail Pressure Guage

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel Pressure or Rail Pressure Guage

All, i already have the standard 3 diprocol guages (EGT, Boost, Trans Temp)...am getting a gdp kit installed, so i want to get a fuel related guage...just one....so the question is what is most important...fuel pressure or rail pressure....if fuel pressure, do you recommend the 0-30psi or the 0-100 psi version? I'm under the impression that the 0-30psi is sufficient for the gdp 392 on our trucks....thoughts?

Also, where to mount? i have the 3 place a pillar currently....anyone use a bullet single pod? where did you put it?
Old 07-08-2007, 11:47 AM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
For the prices of the guages, a Quadzilla fuel pressure guage would be the trick! You get both fuel and rail pressure in one pod. Mount it on the top of the column and there you have it!
Old 07-08-2007, 05:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
... because you definitely will benefit from having both fuel gauges!
Old 07-08-2007, 05:17 PM

You need both either the Commander or the or the pod that does the both.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by vzdude
For the prices of the guages, a Quadzilla fuel pressure guage would be the trick! You get both fuel and rail pressure in one pod. Mount it on the top of the column and there you have it!
Thanks for pointing out quad's new product....i dont own any quad stuff, but based upon his presense here and on tdr, i respect him and his products...suppose this gives me a good excuse to buy something from him.....althought it's killing me...i run a large IT department (lots of computers / electronics)....but for some reason, like the old school guages in my truck.....cant figure it out, everything else i own is brand new, hi tech....
Old 07-09-2007, 10:05 AM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I like the looks of the manual guages as well, but I couldn't buy all of the ones I wanted for the price of a Commander. I'm liking it a lot now, just takes a little to get used to.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:32 AM

can't go wrong with the quad gauge. Works great, easy to install, and has nice features that a standard analog gauge doesn't have (low and high pressure recall with alarm)
Old 07-09-2007, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by jlibert
can't go wrong with the quad gauge. Works great, easy to install, and has nice features that a standard analog gauge doesn't have (low and high pressure recall with alarm)
Thanks for the pic....sold! Will order one tonight!

JG
Old 07-09-2007, 08:36 PM

I ordered the quad digital RP/FP gauge last night. Says it should be here by Friday. I can't wait. I have ordered a bunch of stuff the past 24 hours.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:46 PM

Yeah, i told my wife i'd take a break after i got the tranny installed last weekend....i lied.....ordered gdp and now quad guage....then i'll stop...for another week....:-)
Old 07-09-2007, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by jgiachino
Yeah, i told my wife i'd take a break after i got the tranny installed last weekend....i lied.....ordered gdp and now quad guage....then i'll stop...for another week....:-)
LOL, yeah....bug bit me. I got a fass friday night, Quad's gauge last night, and an air horn kit this afternoon. I was going to call Amsoil and order pretty much all the fluids for my rig, but I think i'll wait a couple of days...plus I need to get some parts for a stack together.......
Old 07-09-2007, 11:04 PM

jlibert thanks for posting a pic of the quad gauge. I have one coming also.
looks like its a hot setup
Old 07-10-2007, 04:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jgiachino
i run a large IT department (lots of computers / electronics)....but for some reason, like the old school guages in my truck.....cant figure it out, everything else i own is brand new, hi tech....
You probably prefer analog because they're so much easier to read at a glance when the vehicle is in a dynamic environment... same reason we liked gauges w/needles in the aircraft!
Old 07-10-2007, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by XLR8R
You probably prefer analog because they're so much easier to read at a glance when the vehicle is in a dynamic environment... same reason we liked gauges w/needles in the aircraft!

I think you're right...and for the record, my trucks only in a "dynamic" environment when my wife's driving it! :-)
Old 07-10-2007, 09:23 PM
Banned

ive had my quad rg/fp for about 2 weeks or so...and i like it. its hard to find a place thats convient though. i have mine in the same place as jlibert, but sometimes when the sun hits it you cant read it and its to low depending on where you keep your steering wheel. overall a great product, but if i could change on thing it would be that the cable goes into it on the left side. also dont know how accurate the fp is when reading off the fuel filter housing?

brett

Quick Reply: Fuel Pressure or Rail Pressure Guage