3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Fresh Bullydog Programmer info

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hoot,
I had the same problem trying to go back to stock. I called Bully Dog again and they said turn the truck off, unplug, and try again. It worked.
They also said the Outlook will defuel below stock as is BUT they have a new calibration so 0 is stock and they will exchange it no problem. I however kind of like the 0 being below stock as a 'Valet switch'
Old 11-23-2004, 08:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lets get a little more technical here.

The Pup comes with three power programs..... Tow, Performance and Extreme.

Typically each of these programs would be developed using many parameter changes to suit each power level and the characteristics required for, say, towing.

Now we add the Monitor.... load extreme and expect it to shape the program like tow, performance or extreme?

I don't think so. Basically I think what we have here is extreme with a defuel parameter being modulated. I wished BullyDodg would be as up front with the documentation and what really goes on as TST is .
Old 11-23-2004, 08:15 PM

I agree,
I told them that and they said it would be brought up in the engineering meeting that they have every Thursday. At least they will listen if you call them......but the manual kinda stinks as is
Old 11-24-2004, 08:08 AM

Originally posted by hoot
High boost reading is still not working.
I wouldn't expect more than about 40 psi from any device that obtains boost readings from the onboard MAP sensor. that device saturates or is limited at that point.

Also, you guys that have experimented with restoring the stock program: is it possible to do this without throwing a SKIM key code that cannot be cleared? I'm not talking about SKIM functionality, I'm talking about a code.
Old 11-24-2004, 10:32 PM

I have restored the stock program and ALL codes including the SKIM clear.
As a note of interest my muffler fell off today Better EGT's and sound & smoke. Also my wife took it for a drive finally and said how great it is She thought it was a great value and "much more fun to drive" Now if I can only makes twins, injectors, and a built tranny seem like a good value I'm set I will have to start with..."well YOUR car has twin turbos so....
Old 11-28-2004, 12:25 PM
Banned

I have the power pup and outlook monitor what impressed me the most was how you can set the 130 hp setting and then you can turn it up and down with the outlook monitor. Secondly you can use the outlook with other module's Edge, Quadzilla, tst you name it just turn up your module to its highest setting and you can defuel it with the outlook. The outlook monitor could just be consider a gauge set so if you had to take your truck into service hook up power pup remove program leave oulook in and take to dealer.
Old 11-29-2004, 08:12 AM

Originally posted by Cold Diesel
I have restored the stock program and ALL codes including the SKIM clear.
interesting. to be more precise, let me confirm: After running on an enhanced program, you use the 'pup to restore the stock program. and when you cycle your ignition key three times, the odometer display says "done" without reporting any codes.

and you have the grey SKIM key.

Others have reported that there is a SKIM key code that gets set, and that DRB-III is required to clear it. what we might be seeing here is a difference between 03 and 04. the ECMs are set up differently.
Old 11-29-2004, 08:43 AM

I am assuming that I have the SKIM key. It is grey and I do get the code, 633 I think, with the program loaded. When I returned it to stock with the Pup, yes the code is cleared wether, looking in the odo after cycling the key 3 times, or using the Pup to check codes through the OBD II connection.
Old 11-29-2004, 08:51 AM

Cold diesel - do you have the 'flat spot' ?
Old 11-29-2004, 03:34 PM

I do not notice a 'flat spot' in my truck. I do however have an automatic so it downshifts if I punch it. However from 60 - 100+ MPH it seems to pull well the whole way which is from 1800 rpm to the governor.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:29 PM

Just asking because a number of people have posted that they have a flat spot in the rpm range, possibly only folks with auto's. I've considered the bullydog downloader but have been hesitant due to this flat spot issue.
Old 11-30-2004, 09:23 AM

how much timing advance do you expect the combination gives you and how close do you think you might be to a safe limit? the Banks will advance timing beyond what the DLr does. If it were my truck I'd want to know more about holes in pistons before I stacked two timing enhancements together.