3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Fresh Bullydog Programmer info

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 12:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fresh Bullydog Programmer info

I'll be short. I ordered from Wes and just got the programmer and monitor for $715 delivered. Opened monitor box and closed it right back up. No time for that now. Got the programmer, read the instructions in under 3 minutes and went out to the truck. I had the 130HP program installed in two songs on a cd that was playing. We are having the first big storm of the year here in Kali so it's either a good or bad time to try this setup. I noticed the difference before I put the truck in gear. It revs up like a gasser. Throttle response is very quick. Driving in the rain takes self control. Driving around 30mph and rolling on the throttle breaks the tires loose. I'm impressed. No lights but I need to hook the programmer back up to see if there are any codes. Even the tranny is shifting better. On another post I wrote how the dealer changed the way it shifted on the 30k service. I might be towing my trailer this weekend so I'll have to put it down to the 50HP setting. I'll let you know how it does.
Old 10-20-2004, 01:56 PM

I have one too,stacked as a matter of fact,breaking 'em loose at 50 in the rain,spooky............
Old 10-20-2004, 04:15 PM

I have question for somebody. Does the downloader merge with your computer during it's first download? The reason I ask is I have 2 CTDs and was wondering if I could program both with one downloader unit.

Probably a stupid question, but I had to ask anyway.
Old 10-20-2004, 06:58 PM
GBB

No, only one truck with one programmer.
Old 10-21-2004, 04:21 AM

I have not looked at the Outlook that closely but it looks like it hooks into the BullyDog box. I have the programmer only. Does the monitor work without a box?
Old 10-21-2004, 07:55 PM
GBB

Yes, the outlook can be hooked up without the downloader.
Old 10-21-2004, 10:22 PM
DRV

If you hook up the monitor you will notice the extreme temps. I only used it in performance mode and still temps very hot. I will not tow with out the monitor.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:21 AM

stacked my downloader with the EZ. engine feels like its flooding and backfires really bad at past 3/4 throttle. EZ on level 2 and this happenes at all settings (except stock of course) on the downloader. also smokes really bad. if I floor it while its backfiring it will clear up and kick so hard my clutch will just slip instantly. anyone else experience this flooding backfiring effect? Without the ez the downloader doesnt even feel half as strong on its own.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I take it the Downloader felt good and strong, then stacked it with the EZ for a bad experience, then removed the EZ and now the downloader feels half as strong? Were you running the extreme mode on the downloader? That's weird. When I talked to Bullydog about stacking with the downloader, the EZ was "THE" box that they recommended if you were going to try a stack. Folks have already stacked the downloader with other simple pressure boxes like the EZ and they played great together. Check all connections for bent pins and such? Maybe try removing/reinstall?
Old 10-22-2004, 06:45 AM

Originally posted by DRV
If you hook up the monitor you will notice the extreme temps. I only used it in performance mode and still temps very hot. I will not tow with out the monitor.
What do you call "extreme temps"? Mark.
Old 10-25-2004, 08:47 PM

I don't know what DRV thinks is hot. I use the Performance mode daily and can't get it over 1150 preturbo. That is nailed uphill blowin smoke
Old 10-26-2004, 09:34 PM

Originally posted by HO Cummins
stacked my downloader with the EZ. engine feels like its flooding and backfires really bad at past 3/4 throttle. EZ on level 2 and this happenes at all settings (except stock of course) on the downloader. also smokes really bad. if I floor it while its backfiring it will clear up and kick so hard my clutch will just slip instantly. anyone else experience this flooding backfiring effect? Without the ez the downloader doesnt even feel half as strong on its own.
If you check your fuel presure you might find that you are running out of fuel and not flooding. A pusher pump could help
Old 10-26-2004, 10:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am gateful for all of the experienced diesel owners that provide the information in these forums. I have learned a tremendous amount just reading.

I wish everyone could be more specific on their engine. SO, HO, 2003, 2004, 2004.5, 235, 250, 305, 325, every engine seems to be very different in how they react and perform with different mods.

I am just trying to put together enough information about what are my specific options. I know everyone like me (dummy) are trying to do the same.

Thanks again for your information.
Old 10-27-2004, 03:53 PM
Banned

does the downloader for the 2004.5 also work on the 2005 Dodges?

Quick Reply: Fresh Bullydog Programmer info