3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Diablo Predator

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diablo Predator

I decided I wanted to send my TST back to have the new software loaded. I’ve gotten used to the power and didn’t want to be without so I ordered a Diablo Predator. They were on sale so it wasn’t a huge hit.

I ordered it from Xtreme Diesel on Oct 6 and a week later I received a Duramax Predator. I sent it back to them and they sent me the right one which they let me apply a 5% discount. Took a month, but it was pretty cheap so I can't complain.

Note here:
I’ve got my Edge EZ on level 2 – 60 hp
I’ve got my TST (standard) plugged in but on 0x0

Loaded up the stacker program first. They say it’s supposed to go with there Power puck, but I loaded to see what it would do. Throttle response is pretty good, but it was lacking on top. Overall I thought it felt pretty strong.

Loaded Extreme program this morning and turned on my real time data. Throttle response felt better, but still felt a little flat on the top. I also decided to bump the TST up this morning. 3x2 really put the go back on top and the stack is looking pretty good. I didn’t get to run much (morning traffic), but I got up to 90 on the freeway pretty quick. I didn’t notice a ton of smoke but it was in the low 50’s this morning and like I said morning traffic.

Data logging is pretty cool. I had Boost, HPCR pressure, Coolant temp, and %load on this morning. It’s cool to see the Boost fooling. At idle my boost was at 15 psi. So at 10 psi on my Pricol gauge the Diablo showed 25 psi. It was consistent 15 psi above throughout. HPCR pressure ( I know it’s getting fooled by EZ) was 16,650 psi on a pretty hard run to 90. I say 90, but I haven’t recalibrated for my 35” tires. So I was over 100 mph according to the GPS.

All and all everything works nicely together. I plan on going to the Dyno soon to see, but the SOP feels pretty good. DTT transmission shifted like it always does. No codes and pretty quick install on the ECM. EGT’s didn’t seem that bad either. I’ve done a couple of runs with EZ/TST 7x2 in the past and have seen EGT’s in the 1550 range. Haven’t noticed anything over 1200 so far, but I haven’t hammered it yet. One thing I do not like is my FASS pump runs for 15 seconds now at startup. I know that was a tech bulletin, but I could do without it. I’ll be testing a lot more.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:17 AM

My fass runs for longer than 15 seconds now that I have the diablo but it is worth it. I feel the same as you do about it. the diablo runs good down low but does seem to be lacking slightly up top. That's where the juice comes in.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:04 PM

yeah I echo that,, man with the hot juice on 5 and the pred on the middle setting it is wild,, cant wait for dry streets and then I am going to try the pred on extreme

Kevin
Old 11-02-2006, 02:11 PM

Mine doesn't seem much faster on anything over level 3 with the Extreme tune but like that I have seen boost go over 50. If only I can get my Con FE in so I can do it again. Right now the stocker does not like the agressive low end fueling of the extreme tune. The extreme tune stacked with level 3 to me felt stronger and ran cooler than middle tune plus level 5. My .02.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On the data logging.... when your reading 15psi on the Diablo.. that is what it really is. Depending on your elevation, we are all under 15psi atmospheric pressure. If we were at zero, our bodies would explode... at least our blood would pour out of our skin... Something gruesome like that...

and if our ecm thought we had 15psi at idle, can you imagine how much fuel you'd be pouring out your tailpipe as black smoke..?
Old 11-02-2006, 03:52 PM

Boost

Originally Posted by trik396
On the data logging.... when your reading 15psi on the Diablo.. that is what it really is. Depending on your elevation, we are all under 15psi atmospheric pressure. If we were at zero, our bodies would explode... at least our blood would pour out of our skin... Something gruesome like that...

and if our ecm thought we had 15psi at idle, can you imagine how much fuel you'd be pouring out your tailpipe as black smoke..?
Makes since, but I guess I thought it was actually measuring "Boost" psi not the atmospheric pressure. They call it Boost on the screen. I also thought that was part of "Boost Fooling." Making the computer think there is more boost then there actually is and fuel according to that boost. I guess you're right with the 15 psi at idle though. I wonder if it takes the throttle position into account with the fueling curve?

Anyways I've got more testing on the ride home. I have a couple of good places to put the hammer down. Do you guys see a Transmission oil temp? I have a Pricol gauge for it, but the Diablo says .02-. What's up with that?
Old 11-02-2006, 04:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have mine set for trans pressure and temp along with boost and hpcr. Sometimes I add in air temp or others... Neat stuff, huh?...
Don't know why yours isn't reading trans temp correctly...?